GTP WTAC Week 04 : Le Prince Francescoli

easyasashii

Premium
France
France
PureGT_Sam
Hi guys ! GTP WTAC Week 04 : "Le Prince Francescoli" !

Story of car/track combo : Enzo Francescoli was noted for his grace and fluid abilities on the ball. These qualities would later influence the style of French midfielder Zinedine Zidane, who has stated that Francescoli was his favorite player as a young boy and even named one of his sons Enzo as a homage to him.

Francescoli is known as El Principe (Spanish) or Le Prince (French), which means The Prince.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enzo_Francescoli)

1. Track: Midfield Raceway - Forward

2. Cars : Enzo Ferrari (SP Model or not) '02 (or Enzo Ferrari (SP Model or not) '02 + Ferrari F2007, you can't choose between the car, it is either both or only the Enzo Ferrari '02)

3. Cars specifics:

Enzo Ferrari (SP Model or not) '02 :

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S3 / S3
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

-----

Ferrari F2007 :

- Transmission: either
- Tires: R1 / R1
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating is forbidden..

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday May 31st 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday Jun 7th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

5. Time submission : Youll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday Jun 7th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you missed the deadline, your laptime won't be in the website.

6. Rules : You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

7. Leader Boards
The leaderboards will be on the website (direct link) !

Good luck !

PS : This Enzo Ferrari is a beast you'll have to handle by going tap-tap-tap-tap-tap on the throttle/brake buttons ! Not that easy...

Last edited:
Hi TACers ;) !

I just changed the weeks ! This combo is no longer from Jun 7th to Jun 14th but will start Monday May 31st 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday Jun 7th 3:59 pm GMT+2 !

I hope you'll have the time to download this car for free from your respective PSN Store ;) !

Last edited:
Well, at least I have this car. What's the track and tire choice? Please tell me so I can get some practice done tomorrow.

[...] I'll give you guys more details on Sunday 30th !
[...]
PS : Track Hint : Center

Sorry, can't say more, it wouldn't be fair for us who are competing in Week 03 if you have more time than us to prepare, right ;) ?

However, because it is not a Race Car I think if you'd guess we wouldn't use R tires, you might be right ;) !

More details this weekend !

Last edited:
So, how's everyone's lap times? I fooled around with the camber and i've found some good stability, but with understeer if you put your foot down on exit. But my best, after running some laps is 1:15.751. I think, with a lot of work, I could shave off a second.

can be entrance with normal Ferrari(i don't fancy yellow)

ps: a long time of not stopping work but finally came out of the proyect now i got more time :sly:

can be entrance with normal Ferrari(i don't fancy yellow)

ps: a long time of not stopping work but finally came out of the proyect now i got more time :sly:

Of course you can ;) ! It's not a SP Model exclusive challenge, thanks for the reminder 👍 ! I updated the "Car Specifics" ;)

I do believe that he stated somewhere that a non-SP color would be fine... it had better since I don't have a PSN account.

👍

Yes, it was written in the first message for more than a week before I updated it and forgot to be more specific... My bad ! Sorry...

And I also found out that I wrote Monday Jun 1st... I was incorrect, changed it to Monday May 31st... My apologies guys !

So this challenge officially starts in 13 hours !!!

Good luck !

Even though the challenge hasn't started yet, can I hear some of you guys' lap times?

I haven't started yet, I only ran three laps a week ago and had a 1'18.xxx. I usually have a 4 seconds faster laptime at the end of the challenge so I hope to be in the 1'14.xxx.

I'm not fast with the Enzo, but Lion-Face is !!! I think your biggest threat here is Lion-Face... as usual ;) ...

Good luck !

Well, i'm up for it, I like the Enzo as well, well pretty much every Ferrari in this game i'm good with, all 2 of them. I don't think i'll win or anything, i'm not so great with road cars, i'll try though.

And if I add the Ferrari F2007, will you compete with both ;) ???

I mean I challenge you -and anyone who wants in ;)- Enzo Ferrari (SP Model or not) '02 + Ferrari F2007...

Deal ?

PS : I remember Monaco... I was 5 seconds behind... But :gtpflag:

Haha, well, I finally re-purchased the F2007 yesterday, and I'm just getting back to grips with it, but sure, no problem, i'm up for it. :)

But my best, after running some laps is 1:15.751. I think, with a lot of work, I could shave off a second.

I ran a ten laps session yesterday and have a 1'17.3xx... You're fast PJ-FFL ! About the F2007, I think best times will be under 0'55.000 ! Good luck !

I officially hate that 🤬 Enzo Ferrari '02 :yuck:... I did know I won't have a good time with but I thought the track was wide enough so... Wide ??? Really ??? Not for her ! I need a break...

1'16.770...

Good luck ;) !

EDIT : what would it if it was rainy ;)... Tommykaira ZZ, Pagani Zonda C12, Volkswagen W12 Nardo Concept '01... so much better cars... Well... This is the challenge we have ! Sorry ;) !

Last edited:
About the F2007, I ran a 0'52.xxx. Nothing big to gain, the most I think possible to gain here are just some hundredths of seconds.

This is what Lion-Face might have done seeing me whining about the Enzo (I couldn't resist ;))

:lol:

I'll run some laps this afternoon ;)

0'56.xxx with the F2007 yesterday

:lol: Love the pic easy! :D

This is a tough one, PJ-FFL came out of nowhere with that time! I just hope he hasn't improved!

I'm currently down to 1:15.1xx in a clean lap, but with dirty laps with splits that'll hit 1:14.9xx so I'm hoping to end up in the 1:14's by the end of the week.

I have no setup advice for this one, its tough. Any tweaking often ends up in more turn in but more difficult to get the power down and keep the car in a straight line. Currently I'm using my setup that I used back in the supercar challenge at Valencia. Whether its correct or not I don't know, currently its quick, but its very hard to be consistent. This week is more about car control than setup.

For those interested, my setup is....

Ride Height - +0/+3
Springs - 5/1
Damper - 3/1
Toe - 0/0
Camber - 1.5/0

No aids - If anything, you could try a small TCS, maybe 1 or 2, but anything more and you'll be losing more than your gaining.

This setup was for Valencia, which is a completely different track to Midfield. Valencia was all one corner at a time, brake hard, turn, accel out. Midfield has a lot of double corners where you can take as one turn with 2 apexs' but relies on being able to adjust the speed of the car while the car may not be 50/50 balanced. Thats my take on it, the default setup of the Enzo isn't too bad, it allows you to get the power down but I feel its a little too understeery for my liking, so somewhere between the default setup and my setup might be ideal.

First split you should be aiming for a 0:24.000 or better. The second split I've been hitting is below 0:48.000 If you hitting these splits, you should be able to break into the 1:15 barrier.

Couple of corner tips....

First corner, braking down to approx 110kph as you apex, and run the car all the way out to the outside ripple strip to take a wide line into the 2nd corner. You should be able to apex the second corner about 130-135 and smoothly accel out of there without running wide.

Third corner you need to lightly brake down to approx 160kph and roll through the right hand corner, taking a late apex you should be able to go full throttle out of the third corner, taking the fourth left hand reasonably straight and clipping the outside ripple strip on your way out. An early shift to 5th gear at approx 180-190kph sometimes helps keep the car under control.

Fifth corner - Bridge - the first apex isn't too important, just get the car slowed down enough to roll through the corner, even in the middle of the track, what your aiming for is a nice apex through turn 6 in the tunnel so you can exit turn six on the right hand side of the track to set you up for the left hand hairpin.

Hairpin, turn seven. Long hairpin, you can lightly brake and let the car roll around the corner just tapping the accel. Nearer the end of the corner I let the car drop to approx 110kph to take a late apex and accel as straight as possible. Accel too early here is easy to do and means you run out of road quickly.

Turn 8 and 9, Full speed at the apex of 8, clip the ripple strip, then brake for 9, you should be able to drop to about 160kph for the apex of turn 9 before getting back on the brakes for turn 10

Turn 10 - generally coming from turn 9 about the middle of the track, brake and turn towards the apex down to about 75kph, hug the ripple strip through most of the corner. A smooth exit here is vital for a good time, and the camber of the road helps keep the power down.

Turn 11 - I find turning in early and maintaining between 150-160kph through the apex will set you up for a full throttle turn 12.

Turn 12 - An early apex here at full throttle should give you plenty of room to run wide at the exit and take a nice straight line as the road crests. An early shift into 5th gear can settle the car and keep the power down as you come over the hill.

This was meant to be a quick post, but I got carried away :D Hope this helps someone in some way, its just approx my line through the track with the Enzo on S3's and my setup above. Don't worry too much about the speeds, they are not the 'minimum's just approx of the top of my head, sometimes slower, sometimes faster, but it should give you something to aim for as you get a feel for the track. As I said above, I believe this track and car combo is more about driver skill and knowledge than setup, so stick to one setup and run lap after lap. You will improve your time with practice here, not car settings.

Thanks a lot Lion-Face 👍👍👍 !!!

I made peace with the Ferrari since I set a SCT 2 and I'm still with the default setting (except for the Rear Toe that I set to 0) and I have one clean 1'16.578 and a bunch of slightly dirty laps, "best" of them 1'15.9xx... I think I'll run and run till I'm maxed out, then try SCT 1 -I won't go back to SCT 0 for this one...- then I'll try your settings ;) !

My 1'16.578 splits are 0'24.196 and 0'48.150, I saw 0'23.9xx couple of times but hard to be consistent with this car ;) !

Just to make things clear :
understeer = nose goes wild
oversteer = tail goes wild
or the opposite ???

I believe this track and car combo is more about driver skill and knowledge than setup, so stick to one setup and run lap after lap. You will improve your time with practice here, not car settings.

Yes it is !

Ok, I'm going back to Midfield and try out your corner tips 👍 !

Thanks again Lion-Face !

Turn 12 - An early apex here at full throttle should give you plenty of room to run wide at the exit and take a nice straight line as the road crests. An early shift into 5th gear can settle the car and keep the power down as you come over the hill.

👍👍👍

1'15.873 !!!

So I was incorrect : this car is not a bad car, she was in the wrong hands ;) ! I'm still not a fan of this car but the feelings you have once you ran a great lap with her are greater than usual ! This combo is not that fun with this car but I would say more intense... The Ferrari F2007 is more fun ! But I'm not good with... this late turning style is so different from what I'm used to...
Well, this is definitely the kind of combo I'll learn a lot from -to be more patient obviously...- !

Good luck guys !

Ferrari F2007 : 0'53.847, quite fun actually !

IMPORTANT : The track is is defined by the tarmac between the left and right white lines ! Make sure when you cross one of them to have two wheels at all times on track...

Good luck !

Hey guys... I'm sorry to inform everyone that I won't be entering the competition this week. My son had has PSP taken away by his mother and won't get it back until Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll be back for next week's event though!

Good luck to everyone!

Back