GTP WTAC Week 100 : Awaren's Choice

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 58 comments
I got the 'Vette in the 3'50.xxx but each time I'm slightly unclean ... Damn, it is so frustrating :ouch: !

Good luck all !

Viper GTS-R: 3'50.663

678qbo.jpg

Corvette C5-R: 3'50.555

2q8o9aa.jpg

combined time: 7'41.218

Please join us for Week 101 - red ice's 'Initial D' challenge at Trial Mountain on S1 tires. It's not a drift event, but it might feel like it if we're not careful!

:)

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BB4E9A06C00.zip
    55.8 KB · Views: 35
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BB4E9A06C01.zip
    56 KB · Views: 35
Too busy with politics this week (president election, first "round"), so here is my submission :

Viper GTS-R Team Oreca Race Car '00 : 3'51.933

Chevrolet Corvette C5-R (C5) ’00 : 3'51.350

Total : 7'43.283

Could have done better but well...

:cheers:

Attachments

• replays.rar
    113.8 KB · Views: 35
Long story to tell you, but i have to wait 40PSP days to pass and to grind 1,5 million $ to finally get the viper. Not sure if I'm gonna make it to the deadline.
Have yet to ride the chevy.

Long story to tell you, but i have to wait 40PSP days to pass and to grind 1,5 million $ to finally get the viper. Not sure if I'm gonna make it to the deadline.
Have yet to ride the chevy.

Ahh... the quest to skip days in GT PSP by entering into the race menu and backing out to the previous menu. That can sure get boring! Good luck to you, anastasis!

I hope I can play normally as I used the play. I think I cant go back as 1 week ago.
4'18.xxx viper
Gran Turismo is not easy learn considering Ive been playing GT1 (1997). Hopefully I can gauge how well I am after my stroke. Its not everyday I have a Brain Left stroke. 1week and steady pace.
4pm till the deadline... I can do this!!!

Hey guys, I couldn't make it till today and tomorrow I will be at work till late evening, so if u allow me, my submission will be very late...

@red ice brain stroke? Are u serious? :scared: O.o

I hope I can play normally as I used the play. I think I cant go back as 1 week ago.
4'18.xxx viper
Gran Turismo is not easy learn considering Ive been playing GT1 (1997). Hopefully I can gauge how well I am after my stroke. Its not everyday I have a Brain Left stroke. 1week and steady pace.

Take your time and remember: progress requires patience... and not getting too frustrated at the rate of progress.

:)

Hey guys, I couldn't make it till today and tomorrow I will be at work till late evening, so if u allow me, my submission will be very late...

I'll allow the late submission, zipiol!

Just make sure the laps occurred before the deadline!

4'18.xxx viper

You can do it, you're the one and only red ice, after all!

zipiol
Occured ? I don't know this word... -.- :/

Happened.

I haven't improved on both cars, still stuck on 47s with the Viper and 48s with the Vette. I'm gonna try to push today and see how much time I can make up. :)

dont understand.... I told U I will not be able to race or upload my submission till late evening... ;/
I'm going to work now... bye guys.

My times this week are:
Chevrolet Corvette C5-R '00
3:56,475

chevroletcorvettec5r.jpg

and
Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca Race Car '00
3:55,857

vipergtsrracecar.jpg

So my combined times this week are: 7:52,332

So, i thought this week will be much funnier than it actually was :( I'm constantly dealing with lack of time to race GTPSP... You know, bcoz of other games/books/friends/work and if i have the time, then i dont have the right mood for racing. And if i grab PSP and race with bad mood i constantly end up raging in anger (i fear that one day i throw that "thumb destroying beast" against the wall with all my Force of the Jedi and hope it will explode into thousands of tiny pieces) ... and don't tell me you dont want to make it happen sometimes too :) ... i think we all know that feeling if you're racing a reaaaaally great lap, being 2 seconds faster than your ghost and start to be excited then you break too soon or too late in the last section of the track and then end up out of the track and even if you are faster in the finish line your lap is UNCLEAN... and then it comes... RAAAAAAGE :D
See you guys next week :gtpflag:

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-BB4E9A06C00.rar
    53.3 KB · Views: 35
  • UCES01245RPLY-BB4E9A06C01.rar
    53.2 KB · Views: 35
I have to be honest, I did not really enjoy this week's challenge. The Viper was very fun to drive, but the Corvette was just uncooperative in both driving and settings.

Dodge VIPER GTS-R Team Oreca Race Car '00 ~ 3'44.111
snap018.jpg

The Viper was perfect for La Sarthe, the gear ratios were just right, and the handling feel was near neutral. This time was actually done on just the second run with the car, on Max Aero, 0.00 rear toe and everything else stock. That goes to show just how good this car is, definitely going to my all-time favorites. 👍

Chevrolet Corvette C5-R (C5) '00 ~ 3'48.174
snap019.jpg

This car on the other hand, is one I don't like. It's too stiff, and the top speeds with the car's gear ratio doesn't even compare to the Viper. I never touched 6th gear with this car. Setting the car up was no good either, whatever settings I thought of was still not good enough. I had an unclean 47 with this car, so I really didn't bother pushing it. 👎

Overall Combined Time: 7'32.285

Attachments

• Ghost100_Antares.rar
    113.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
dont understand.... I told U I will not be able to race or upload my submission till late evening... ;/
I'm going to work now... bye guys.

Sorry if I wasn't explaining it well enough.

I just wanted to remind you that your laps had to have been completed before the deadline (today at 3:59 pm GMT+2)... and that I'd allow the submission to be posted later (because you asked) when you get later this evening.

👍

damn... I just did some laps on the train back from work...
so ar U telling me it's too late ? ;/
I managed to be home earlier, but still too late ? ;/

I got the viper just 30 mins before the deadline, but I didn't manage to get the PSP to work on time

Chevrolet Corvette C5-R '00: 4:01,063
scaled.php

Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca Race Car '00: 4:00,832
scaled.php

Combined times: 8:01,895

^^
My submission, just in case :P

Attachments

• Ghosts.rar
    69.1 KB · Views: 35
Finishing on the podium again is Antares26 and easyasashii (1st and 3rd places) - both of you did a great job!

Awaren and zipiol continue to rack up points that help them in the overall standings. Awaren has now taken over 3rd place with 20 points, but is closely followed by zipiol with 19 points. Also with 19 points is easyasashii... so Week 101's challenge will be crucial in deciding the final standings (especially for 3rd place). That's because Antares has 40 points and, with another win that would net him 8 points, he'd have 48 and the racing session would be over with a new champion not named 'MVR08'!

Good luck to everyone... we're going to need it with S1 tires on a tricky track like Trial Mountain!

----------------------------------------------------------

This week's results:

goldh.png
1st - Antares26##l (7'32.285)###[8 pts]

silverg.png
2nd - Detroitbb##.l (7'41.218)###[7 pts]

bronzeo.png
3rd - easyasashii#4 (7'43.283)###[6 pts]

### 4th - Awaren####l (7'52.332)###[5 pts]

### 5th - zipiol#####7l (8'01.895)###[4 pts]

*Honorable mentions go out to red ice, anastasis14, nascarlemanslmp, and MVR08!

Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l Antares26####40
2nd #-l Detroitbb####)31
3rd #l-l Awaren#####.l20#
small_up_arrow.gif

5th #l-l zipiol#######.19###(tied for 5th)
5th #l-l easyasashii##&l19#
small_up_arrow.gif
#(tied for 5th)
6th #l-l vaughan####$l16#
small_down_arrow.gif

7th #l-l MVR08######7l7
8th #l-l red ice#######3

:gtpflag:

I was running the Viper sunday night and my PSP started malfuntioning again and I passed hours trying to reach a 3'43.xx time I wanted, and when I finally managed a 3'43.9xx I discovered that in the last chicane I cut the inside just a little bit (how anticlimatic) so I have to beat that time now.

After an hour or so I could not beat it so I turned to iRacing and bought a track (Road America) and drived there for a while, then rested a little and late in the night I got back to La Sarthe, where at some point I was almost one second in front of my ghost but I could not hit the apex in the last right-hander of the esses and lost time, my ghost cach me up and was in front goin into the last two chicanes, but I managed to go faster and beat my ghost with 3'43.8xx so a 3'42.xxx is possibe withe a 'perfect' lap.

With the Corvette I didn't have much time to do a clean and fast lap, and the car was not cooperating, it felt too stiff and was slower than the Viper on the straights, but in one lap I was on pace to do a 3'46-7.xxx lap, but in the second to last chicane I braked a little bit too late and ended in the sand.

I couldn't do more laps because I had things to do next morning and it was very late, so I went to bed very disappointed and fustrated as you may imagine.:banghead:

Latest Posts

Back