GTP WTAC Week 39 : Battle For 2009

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 60 comments
By the way, has anyone chosen which car they'd like to set the hot lap?

I'm still using both cars, I keep on setting what I think is a good lap with the GT-R and then I end up beating it in the ZR-1. This system seems to be working better for me than just trying to use the ZR-1 alone. In the end i'll just submit the fastest one but if I had to choose one of these i'd go for the ZR-1, it's so much fun to drive the GT-R seems bland in comparison.

frmbuf043.png
frmbuf039.png
frmbuf024.png
frmbuf017.png

I shall probably submit the first clean time I get - which I think is a GT-R 7'17 at the moment (haven't checked the replay yet...)
I'd love to use the Corvette - I agree with pvr77 that the GT-R feels bland - but my talents and patience don't extend that far!
Great times from Dan - thanks for posting your ZR-1 setup too :cheers: If my 7'17 is clean I'l try a few laps with that 👍

Hello everyone!:)

A little bit busy this week but I'm still in it, my times are going to be a secret till submit time (you know to give it a litte bit of suspense;)) and I want to say that I have done over 3000 laps on this masterpiece of track so I know this track very well but I have never hotlapping there so this is a new experience for me and I'm really enjoying it. :dopey:

I want to say too that the corvette is potencially faster if you can click that 'perfect' lap and that's a big if, so I'm going to take a gamble with the GTR abusing this car, extracting every single millisecond I can and see how it goes :mischievous:

So good luck to everyone 👍 and see you later!

I've made a clean lap around the 'Ring in the Corvette and I achieved a 7'07.8xx. Here's my Corvette tuning for anyone who wants it:

Front/Rear

Ride height - -5/-5
Springs: 4/4
Damper: 5/3
Toe: +0.05/+0.35
Camber*: 2.1/2.1

*I don't fully understand on how camber works, so I left it at a reasonable angle.

Thanks, Detroit!

By the way, has anyone chosen which car they'd like to set the hot lap?

Thanks for the Tuning tips, however I set my car to the opposite. high ride, soft springs,.My personal best was 7'19.xxx driving the car all week. I plan to submit both cars even though I'm not that fast.
Super skills you got there Dan360!!!

I shall probably submit the first clean time I get - which I think is a GT-R 7'17 at the moment (haven't checked the replay yet...)
I'd love to use the Corvette - I agree with pvr77 that the GT-R feels bland - but my talents and patience don't extend that far!
Great times from Dan - thanks for posting your ZR-1 setup too :cheers: If my 7'17 is clean I'l try a few laps with that 👍

Nice times!! I'm still stuck with the ZR-1 all week. Currently at 7'19.xxx but was unclean so its no good pushing myself with that car. Its time to move on to the GTR. I hope 2 nights drive with the AWD will give me at least a clean lap before deadline.

As usual Dan360 and MVR08 , are posting incredible lap times. :scared:

Last edited:
My old 7'24.xxx is still my fastest clean lap. I'm having trouble keeping my errors to a minimum at Nurburgring...

The fact that its a long track makes it so difficult to be consistent all throughout. :crazy: I'm goin crazy with this challenge.

Thanks for the Tuning tips, however I set my car to the opposite. high ride, soft springs,.My personal best was 7'19.xxx driving the car all week. I plan to submit both cars even though I'm not that fast.
Super skills you got there Dan360!!!

Thanks red ice! I agree with you on the suspension settings. I think mine is a bit too low, as sometimes the car can be sent flying when I hit an inside rumble strip. I've increased the ride height to +10/+10 an reduced stiffness and damper settings down one value, so the springs would be 3/3. 👍

I ran about 5 full laps last night, and I've made an improvement.

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 '09 - 7'05.726

corvettel.jpg

I haven't run anymore laps with the GT-R yet, but I'm sure that I could improve my 7'10.xxx by 2-3 seconds.

See you next week...

:gtpflag:

Attachments

• Corvette ZR1.zip
    61 KB · Views: 11
I ran about 5 full laps last night, and I've made an improvement.

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 '09 - 7'05.726

:scared::scared:

Wow, that's incredible!:ill: I wonder if mvr will come anywhere close to this in the GT-R??? He is always surprising us with his times with the ''slower'' cars.

I still can't get a clean lap faster than my old time (even though I am always in front of my ghost by a large margin). I'll continue to run laps through this evening, but I have to post my time now because it looks like the weather here is going to get bad. We have about 8 hours of freezing rain bearing down on Detroit and the chance of losing power is significantly higher than normal when you add a lot of ice to high winds. I hope I don't lost power though!

Nissan GT-R SpecV: 7'24.953

24953.jpg

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B63E8276D01.zip
    60.1 KB · Views: 8
WTAC Week 39
The ultimate track!!!.The ZR-1 won and surely is a lot faster than the GT-R...though Failing to achieve a full clean lap. usually I would slide to sand or grass a little bit. Too powerful to handle! As for the GT-R. always a nice, fun, smooth drive type of car.

I submit early just in case. If I could get some more laps running, I'll update it.
My times this week:

Course: Nürburgring Nordschleife / Forward
Vehicle: Nissan GT-R SpecV '09
Time: 7'18.946
Professional
S3 / S3
gtrm.png

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B63E8276D02.rar
    55.7 KB · Views: 8
So here's mine, and might I say that it was a very challenging week for me. First I tried the ZR-1 for two days and then pretty much gave up on it as i hate using traction control and I really don't have the skill to handle that type of supercar. Then I moved on to the Nissan and at first i thought it's a boring car but then as I learned to push it a bit I quickly grew to like, especially how stable it is at high speeds and going through those over-hill sweepers.

I'm going to submit this time, however, I will try to run a lap or two before the deadline tomorrow afternoon so I might update my time too.

@ red ice. We are neck in neck for that 3rd spot on the podium and if mvr08 wins this one then this will be the deciding race! If not you're probably going to smoke me in the rally challenge 'cause i pretty much suck on dirt.

Nurburgring, Nissan GT-R SpecV - 7'16.493

frmbuf048.png

See everyone next week!

Attachments

• prv77_Nur_GT-R.zip
    61.3 KB · Views: 7
  • GT-R SpecV_7'18.4xx.zip
    61.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
So here's mine, and might I say that it was a very challenging week for me. First I tried the ZR-1 for two days and then pretty much gave up on it as i hate using traction control and I really don't have the skill to handle that type of supercar. Then I moved on to the Nissan and at first i thought it's a boring car but then as I learned to push it a bit I quickly grew to like, especially how stable it is at high speeds and going through those over-hill sweepers.

I'm going to submit this time, however, I will try to run a lap or two before the deadline tomorrow afternoon so I might update my time too.

@ red ice. We are neck in neck for that 3rd spot on the podium and if mvr08 wins this one then this will be the deciding race! If not you're probably going to smoke me in the rally challenge 'cause i pretty much suck on dirt.

Nurburgring, Nissan GT-R SpecV - 7'18.565

See everyone next week!

Nice times pvr77!!!👍👍
Wow, reminds me of my tiebreaker with rpr101 before. We were always neck and neck...tied week after week. So far you're winning this week. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to challenge your 0.4xx second lead. :crazy: Now this is serious racing I'm gonna push my GT-R to my skill limits while riding the bus!!!:crazy:

Yesterday I had nothing. Nothing. So I gave it one last shot this morning and managed finally to get a clean time - also my fastest! It's a rubbish lap - not pretty at all but it got the job done.

Nissan GT-R SpecV: 7'16.268

Well done to everyone who managed a clean lap - it's definitely not easy.

Attachments

• nurb.gt-r.sausages.rar
    55.4 KB · Views: 8
  • nurb.GT-R.sausages-fixed.rar
    55.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I think I just improved my laptime by two seconds to make it 7'16.493!

I'll check it quick and if it's clean I'll update my submission.

Wow that was close!!:scared:

My favorite car and my favorite track, what could go wrong? I was pretty confident at first but days passed and still no clean laps so sunday night I was goin to bed with no clean laps to show for :nervous: started to think that maybe I was too ambitious with what I wanted to do with this car.

Get lucky for one lap and could control my nerves at the end. But i'm still mad I wanted to submit laps with both cars:grumpy: but it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be:indiff:

well this is it!.
Nissan GTR R35 SpecV: 7'04.942
2102110946.jpg

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B63E8276D08.rar
    54.8 KB · Views: 10
I think I just improved my laptime by two seconds to make it 7'16.493!

I'll check it quick and if it's clean I'll update my submission.

COngrats!!👍👍 you just got 3rd place overall in the points table. I wasn't able to play today. Too busy!

Wow that was close!!:scared:

My favorite car and my favorite track, what could go wrong? I was pretty confident at first but days passed and still no clean laps so sunday night I was goin to bed with no clean laps to show for :nervous: started to think that maybe I was too ambitious with what I wanted to do with this car.

Get lucky for one lap and could control my nerves at the end. But i'm still mad I wanted to submit laps with both cars:grumpy: but it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be:indiff:

well this is it!.
Nissan GTR R35 SpecV: 7'04.942

As expected you amazed us with your times. Congratulations!! Unbeatable for your 1st session!👍👍

Last edited:
COngrats!!👍👍 you just got 3rd place overall in the points table. I wasn't able to play today. Too busy!

:)Thanx red ice!!:)

Thats just an unbelievable laptime MVR08! Absolutely amazing, you have some real talent, congratilations!

Although this new time i've submitted has one dodgy corner...
scrn00020.jpg
scrn00009.jpg

@ Detroit. These are are some shots with the brightness adjusted 'cause it's a dark part of the track. If you rule this as 'out' I'll take the other laptime 'cause that one is clean (and it wont make any difference in the final standings).

Last edited:
What more can I say about MVR08? He's very fast and has just won the championship for this racing session! Congratulations!!!

Second place this week went again to Dan, who was just a touch slower than MVR08... though I was thoroughly impressed by his use of the Corvette ZR1 for this challenge (no easy feat!). The third place podium was secured by sausages, who missed last week's event, but came back to lay down a fast 2'16.xxx at The
'Ring. Slightly behind sausages was pvr77 with another faster 2'16.xxx. red ice was just a touch behind (but well in front of me!) with a still impressive 2'18.xxx. Great job, everyone!

Overall, MVR08 is the obvious winner( 👍 ) and Dan360 takes 2nd. Tied for 3rd place was red ice and pvr77. They had been going neck-for-neck the past few weeks and this last challenge didn't clear anything up in the overall standings! Great battle, guys!

MVR08... please accept your trophy:

trophyc.png

----------------------

This week's results:

goldh.png
1st - MVR08#### (7'04.942)###[8 pts]

silverg.png
2nd - Dan360###l (7'05.726)###[7 pts]

bronzeo.png
3rd - sausages #.l (7'16.268)###[6 pts]

### 4th - pvr77####.l (7'16.493)###[5 pts]

### 5th - red ice#### (7'18.946)###[4 pts]

### 6th - Detroitbb##. (7'24.953)###[3 pts]

----------------------

Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l MVR08#######.48
2nd #-l Dan360#######41
3rd #l-l red ice######lll.34###(tied for 3rd)
3rd #l-l pvr77#######.ll34#
small_up_arrow.gif
#(tied for 3rd)
5th #l-l Detroitbb####.#l28
6th #l-l sausages####.llll10#
small_up_arrow.gif

7th #l-l Spiral#########8#
small_down_arrow.gif

8th #l-l Sylar#########l6#
small_down_arrow.gif

9th #l-l easyasashii####.ll5#
small_down_arrow.gif

----------------------

Great job guys ! I'll update the website in the next days, I promise you !

(I also ran for two hours on Sunday with the GT-R just to see and keep my mind busy on something else and got a 7'18.070, default settings but zeroed rear toe, wasn't excellent but it felt so good to run again !!! I was about to post this afternoon before deadline but didn't have the chance to do so -unexpected meeting-...)

I'll see what I can do with the next challenge...

Great job guys ! I'll update the website in the next days, I promise you !

(I also ran for two hours on Sunday with the GT-R just to see and keep my mind busy on something else and got a 7'18.070, default settings but zeroed rear toe, wasn't excellent but it felt so good to run again !!! I was about to post this afternoon before deadline but didn't have the chance to do so -unexpected meeting-...)

I'll see what I can do with the next challenge...

Wow! 7'18.xxx in 2 hours!! I got that in 1 week!! SUper!!!
Congratulations everyone!! see you on the next session.

^ well you know how it is : sometimes you have a lucky day with great times and then spend 3 days trying to improve them but have a really hard time to do so ! I guess I had a pretty lucky session !

And experience did help me too : I ran for 2 weeks non-stop against Lion-Face for the DTM Challenge with the Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93 and the AMG Mercedes 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II Touring Car '92 !!! And you do know who is Lion-Face so I'm pretty sure you know what kind of time investment is required trying to catch up with him !!!

That's why I hit 7'18 in "only" two hours ... That being said I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have submitted a time near MVR08's 7'04.942 !!! Amazing !

:cheers:

Back