GTP WTAC Week 43 : Est. 1886

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 61 comments
Welcome, OpelcorsaGSI!

I hope you enjoy racing with us. Feel free to ask any questions that you may have - we're all here to help one another.

:)

thanx for the welcome!

did a few laps last night with both the slr and the cl..

1:27:xxx slr

1:36:xxx cl

must say i struggle with the slr in the corners haha but will try some more to get a proper time and a clean lap..

with the two chicane type corners, i see the driving line cuts the corners a bit, is that considered unclean? i read the rules and if im right its unclean then?

thanx for the help! :)

(jip another south african pvr..english or afrikaans is fine) ek is afrikaans mar engels is ok reg..

must say i struggle with the slr in the corners haha but will try some more to get a proper time and a clean lap..

with the two chicane type corners, i see the driving line cuts the corners a bit, is that considered unclean? i read the rules and if im right its unclean then?

I try to keep my SLR from spinning out by tapping the X button while turning - it works sometimes!

As long as you keep two tires on the tarmac (and no more than two on the rumble strips), then you'll be fine. The blue driving line sometimes does cut corners, so only use it as a general guide.

I'm very busy this week so just to secure the points :

Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe '54: 1'35.062

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03: 1'23.808

Total : 2'58.870

:cheers:

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B6E6EE66500.rar
    54.6 KB · Views: 5
  • UCES01245RPLY-B6E6EE66502.rar
    54 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
The difference in time between my first laps and my submission weren't as big as I hoped for. I found it hard to get the most out of both cars, even with loads of tuning. Still, both cars are a pleasure to drive.

Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe '54 - 1'34.313
300SL.jpg

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03 - 1'22.820
SLR.jpg

Combined time: 2'57.133

Attachments

• 300 SL.zip
    54.9 KB · Views: 5
  • SLR.zip
    54.1 KB · Views: 5
EDIT, Off-topic : did you see the 2012 Nissan GT-R Video: A Promise Fulfilled ??? 👍👍👍

^:drool: Looks great what they say about the performance of the new model but I really don't like those front leds:yuck: but my only question is God, why can't I be rich now!?:(

Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe '54: 1'32.823 This is probably my submition time and I haven't played with the SLR again so my previews time is my faster.

note: this track is a challenge to find the 'perfect' racing line, I can go a ten or two faster than my ghost but then that extra speed carried on ruins my braking point for the next turn so I end up at the same pace or behind the ghost I need to beat.:ill: Has this happened to you guys? it can get pretty frustrating very quickly!.

See you later!:cheers:

note: this track is a challenge to find the 'perfect' racing line, I can go a ten or two faster than my ghost but then that extra speed carried on ruins my braking point for the next turn so I end up at the same pace or behind the ghost I need to beat.:ill: Has this happened to you guys? it can get pretty frustrating very quickly!.

Oh, yes... all the time.

:nervous:

Wow, I had a lot of fun with this week's challenge. Especially with the 300 SL, it was my mission to figure out which corners to sacrifice and which ones to burn through. Like MVR said, you get ahead of your ghost just to lose the line and end up way behind it again. I don't hate the SLR anymore, actually quite a nice super-car, biggest challenge was using the accelerator to steer through the chicanes, and it sounds like a angry kitty!

My enrty...

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03 - 1'22.608
frmbuf005.png

Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe '54 - 1'33.293
frmbuf003h.png

Combined time - 2'55.901

See everyone at the next track...vroom!
👍👍👍

Attachments

• SLR.zip
    53.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 300 SL.zip
    54.2 KB · Views: 5
SLR: 1'23.829

23829.jpg

300 SL: 1'34.419

34419.jpg

combined time: 2'58.248

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B6E6EE66501.zip
    54.1 KB · Views: 5
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B6E6EE66500.zip
    53.9 KB · Views: 6
I was able to run some laps before going to bed : Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe '54: 1'35.062 .

I edited previous post and I don't think I will be able to run again before deadline so this 2'58.870 should be my submission time !

:cheers:

Been very busy these last few weeks but managed to get some laps in with these - 1'23.547 with the SLR and 1'34.230 with the 300SL.

That'll probably be my submission.
Some great times being submitted by everone 👍

People tent to hate the SLR (I guess because the infamous mission 34) but it's a very good car that perform better than most over powered-heavy super cars... and what can I say obout the 300 SL? just a lovely car to drive...

Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe '54: 1'32.823
2103111446.jpg

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03: 1'21.955
2103111445.jpg

Total time: 2'54.778

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B6E6EE66504.rar
    56.1 KB · Views: 6
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B6E6EE66506.rar
    52.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe '54: 1'34.230

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03: 1'23.547

Total time: 2'57.777

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B6E6EE66500.zip
    53 KB · Views: 5
  • UCES01245RPLY-B6E6EE66503.zip
    53.1 KB · Views: 5
Just so everyone else knows: I've personally approved MVR08's late photo submission. I'll also reiterate that if anyone else finds themselves in a situation that they can't get to a camera (but can upload their replay files), just let me know and I'll do my best to accommodate you.

Week 43 was a fun one for me. I enjoyed the cars (especially the 300 SL) and they were quite a blast to drive at Autumn Ring!

MVR08 was tops this week with a blisteringly fast time of 2'54.778... beating second place pvr77 by slightly more than a second (2'55.901). Dan360 rounded out the podium finishers this week with a solid time himself. Just barely missing third place was sausages - he gets an 'honorable mention' this week. Congratulations to all!

The overall standings saw a little bit of movement. Dan retains his grip on 1st, but pvr77 leaps from 4th place to 2nd. Last week's 2nd place holder, easyasashii, slips slightly to 3rd overall. MVR08 improves his standing, going from 6th to 5th. While not moving up a position, sausages did greatly improve his points total and will likely move up the standings after this next challenge.

We missed red ice this week (I hope he and his PSP are both OK!) and we also missed fvr, bigllama93, and OpelcorsaGSI. I hope all four will be able to join us for Week 44!

----------------------

This week's results:

goldh.png
1st - MVR08###.. (2'54.778)###[8 pts]

silverg.png
2nd - pvr77####l (2'55.901)###[7 pts]

bronzeo.png
3rd - Dan360###l (2'57.133)###[6 pts]

### 4th - sausages##l (2'57.777)###[5 pts]

### 5th - Detroitbb##. (2'58.248)###[4 pts]

### 6th - easyasashii# (2'58.870)###[3 pts]

----------------------

Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l Dan360######.l28
2nd #-l pvr77#######.ll21#
small_up_arrow.gif

3rd #l-l easyasashii###l#20#
small_down_arrow.gif

4th #l-l Detroitbb#####ll19#
small_down_arrow.gif

5th #l-l MVR08#######l18#
small_up_arrow.gif

6th #l-l red ice######llll14#
small_down_arrow.gif

7th #l-l sausages####..ll11
8th #l-l bigllama93#####.l2

----------------------

:gtpflag:

Just so everyone else knows: I've personally approved MVR08's late photo submission. I'll also reiterate that if anyone else finds themselves in a situation that they can't get to a camera (but can upload their replay files), just let me know and I'll do my best to accommodate you.

Thanks! Detroit, we (Dominican people) are known for letting things for the last minute till it blows in ours face:dunce: and there wasn't electricity this morning so I had to wait till minutes ago start the uploading, sorry mate.:guilty:

:ouch: ! This week's results aren't good for me :crazy: ! But well, this is good for the competition ;) !

Great job guys by the way 👍 !

red ice :confused: Are you ok :scared: ??? I hope so my friend !

Dude! I can't access the site Until now. ANd I'm limited in this thread. dunno why. I see I have PMs but I can't go to the main page or even TAC main. My friend did something wrong in our router config back in March. From then on, GTplanet was blocked and other sites.
:(
after 1 week, All my GTPlanet vids in Youtube were taken down, for reasons unknown.
It was just today that our ISP decided to visit us and try to reset and put things back as they were. But I can only post here!! Grrrr!!! This may be just a cached webpage so it means I still can't click any outside links from here. I can't even go the my visitor page.
RAAAGGGGE!!!!
Can't even see what's happening outside of this thread! I'm stuck in the past.
BTW, congrats for taking 2nd for this week.

Aw man, that SUCKS! Have you tried using a proxy ip? Don't know if that'll work or help. You are literally stuck in the past. Can you view the WTAC thread to know what cars and track combo to use? I could ask Detroit if I can post your times and updates on your behalf until you sort out your problem.

If you don't know, we are using the TT Coupe 1.8t '00 and the BMW Z4 at Seoul Central, forward on S2 tires.

Best time posted so far is Dan's Audi TT - 1'11.8xx, BMW Z4 - 1'09.9xx and I'm on TT 1'11.6xx and Z4 1'10'2xx.

Can you access your email? 'cause maybe i'll open a temporary gmail account ('cause i don't wanna post my real one here) then you can mail me your times and ghosts and pics etc.

Last edited:
thanks for the info. It might take a 5 to 7 days until those guys( tech guys) return here and hopefully I can fully access the site. All links outside of this thread is blocked. Even your profiles and my profile.
I won't dare tweak some settings anymore as I am just happy to successfully post a message. Just so you know, I tried so many times since March and I was just plain lucky to pull through today.
I'll try to get those cars and maybe post my times this week. I'm rusty now as I have almost given up on accessing this site. Maybe I'll just post my time here but not yet sure if managing attachments will work. Imageshack still works for me, so that won't be a problem.
Thanks again pvr77!!

Red Ice :cheers: ! Hope you'll find a solution quickly ! -We'll try to see what we can do about that ! (did you try with a new account ?)

Back