GTP WTAC Week 44 : Celestial

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 39 comments
GTP WTAC Week 44 : Celestial

*** One day, we'll do proper homage to the Celica (with the first one, the 1970 Celica 1600GT)... but for now, we'll have to suffice with two versions of the 7th and final generation before Toyota ended production of this sports coupe in 2006. The first model is the 1999 Toyota Celica SS-II. This 6-speed, front-wheel drive car put out 187 HP and 134 ft. lbs. of torque and weighs in at a measly 1140 kg. The second model is the Toyota Racing Development tuned version: the 2000 Toyota Modellista Celica TRD Sports M. This version slightly boosted performance via the exhaust system - the horsepower rating increased to 197 and the the engine saw five more ft. lbs. of torque (increased to 139). It also weighed 1140 kilos like it's stock sibling. A new body kit was added that was both functional and made the car appear more aggressive. In 2004, Toyota announced the end of the Celica. North America saw it's last one roll off the assembly line in 2005. In Japan, the last Celica ever was completed in early 2006. ***

1. Track : Autumn Ring Mini (reverse)

picture.php

2. Cars : Toyota Celica SS-II '99 & Toyota Modellista Celica TRD Sports M '00

87524338.jpg
l
63519800.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S2 / S2
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday March 21st 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday March 28th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday March 28th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

----------------------

8. Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l Dan360######.l28
2nd #-l pvr77#######.ll21#
small_up_arrow.gif

3rd #l-l easyasashii###l#20#
small_down_arrow.gif

4th #l-l Detroitbb#####ll19#
small_down_arrow.gif

5th #l-l MVR08#######l18#
small_up_arrow.gif

6th #l-l red ice######llll14#
small_down_arrow.gif

7th #l-l sausages####..ll11
8th #l-l bigllama93#####.l2

----------------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Cool im going to officialy join on this one...and finally got the Celica SS-II '99 last night after racing the whole day and waiting for it to come around!

One question..i can take a pic of the screen that shows the laptime ,tyres etc with my phone and upload, but how do i upload a replay of the lap? (sorry im a bit useless with computers haha )

thanx

Cool im going to officialy join on this one...and finally got the Celica SS-II '99 last night after racing the whole day and waiting for it to come around!

One question..i can take a pic of the screen that shows the laptime ,tyres etc with my phone and upload, but how do i upload a replay of the lap? (sorry im a bit useless with computers haha )

thanx

Great to have you competing with us!

If you want to know how to upload your ghost replay data then look in this post:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3614313&postcount=408

thanx

The link that Dan posted will give you the details. If you have further questions/concerns, feel free to ask me and I'll help you.

:)

Glad that you got the 1999 Celica!

^ '43 and '44 for me too ;) !

WARNING :

this weekend is the first weekend of spring = we'll change our GMT in France (GMT+1 to GMT+2 !) ! Please check your GMT vs Deadline ;) !

Last edited:
:lol: !

Yes indeed, tightly contest but I think great tuners will find a way to make the cars fly away and will tell us "See ya" ;) !

WARNING :

this weekend is the first weekend of spring = we'll change our GMT in France (GMT+1 to GMT+2 !) ! Please check your GMT vs Deadline ;) !

Thanks for reminding me! 👍

No times from me yet, I haven't had to chance to pick up the PSP because I'm too busy. I'll have the chance to run some laps tonight. :)

My first times:

SS-II - 44.1xx
TRD - 43.1xx

No tuning yet. I think I could be able to shave .3 of a second with both times.

This one is gonna be close. I've been a little busy this week but did my first session today and my times are (also)....

43'1xx
44.4xx

I did do quite a bit of tuning for these two times.

Thanks! I've been playing GT PSP for quite the long time now, but never competed online, so I really dunno how good I really am. Guess I'll find out on these forums :)

^ Welcome 👍 ! Pretty fast times you have there 👍 ! I'm sure you already read the rules but just to be sure :

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

And try not to miss deadline ;) ! -as long as the week isn't over you're allowed to post your times whenever you want and you are allowed to post as many times as you want BUT you'll have to make sure they're clean first ! If you're not 100% sure consider it unclean or if you almost sure it is clean but afraid to submit a lap that might be considered unclean, please feel free to post your datas or photos to ask for a second point of view on the matter ;) !

Welcome again and have fun :cheers:

:gtpflag:

PS : 1'44.1 with the SS-II, no time to play...

From what I understood, as long as I have two wheels on the tarmac and don't touch the walls or other obstacles, the lap is considered clean. Am I correct?

^Yes, when there's no rumble strips involved you need 2 wheels on the tarmac. However, and this is where I had the most confusion when I joined TAC, when you have rumblestrips...

Entering this right turn you can have two wheels off the tarmac like this...
62310647.png
then...

on the apex of the turn you can have your inside wheels on the white line (if there is one) like this...
rearinside.png
frontinside.png
and...

exiting, you can also have two wheels off the tarmac like this...
outvg.png

Hope this helps!;)

Last edited:
I got 42.594 with the TRD and 43.930 with the SS-II, with a little bit of tuning, after 6-7 laps each. Very improvable.
Welcome to TAC Donfuy! Great times!
Hi and welcome Donfuy,
:cheers:
Some very good first times there!:nervous:

Some new times from me...

42'7xx
43'8xx
As with MRV I got the same times as well!

Back