GTP WTAC Week 50 : Viperidae

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 56 comments
GTP WTAC Week 50 : Viperidae

*** Due to the late timing of this thread, I'm not going say much about the Vipers other than they are old-school performance cars: no modern driving aids were included on any Viper. This was definitely a throwback and required a skilled driver to keep these beasts on the road. We'll need to employ all our own skills in order to get clean laps... so prepare to TAP, TAP, TAP your way around the turns! ***

1. Track : Infineon Raceway - Sports Car Course

picture.php

2. Cars : Dodge VIPER GTS '99 & Dodge VIPER GTS-R Team Oreca Race Car '00

gtsy.jpg
l
oreca.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S3 / S3 (for 1999 GTS) & R1 / R1 (for 2000 GTS-R Team Oreca)
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday May 2nd 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday May 9th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday May 9th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

----------------------

8. Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l pvr77########15#
small_up_arrow.gif

2nd #-l Dan360######.l14#
small_down_arrow.gif

3rd #l-l easyasashii###&l10###(tied for 3rd)
3rd #l-l Detroitbb#####ll10#
small_up_arrow.gif
#(tied for 3rd)
5th #l-l vaughan#####$l.7###(tied for 5th)
5th #l-l MVR08#######l.7###(tied for 5th)

----------------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
All right, I've been waiting for this combo!

But I thought Shigegaki had something special planned for week 50??

Btw, got anything planned for week 52? (WTAC's 1st birthday)

All right, I've been waiting for this combo!

But I thought Shigegaki had something special planned for week 50??

Btw, got anything planned for week 52? (WTAC's 1st birthday)

The special event was pushed back until Week 52 (I just found out for certain today).

👍

I have made a change to the tire selection: we're going to use S3 tires for the 1999 Viper GTS... and we'll still be using R1's for the 2000 GTS-R Team Oreca race car.

Looks like I'll set the bar for this week's challenge. Default factory tuning, no toe (as both cars are equipped with + toe by default):

Stock - 1'44.0xx
Race - 1'27.9xx

Another tougher tap-tap-tap practice for me...:crazy:

You will get used to it. ;) Next week will be even more tap-tap-tapping out of the corners. :scared:

Looks like I'll set the bar for this week's challenge. Default factory tuning, no toe (as both cars are equipped with + toe by default):

Stock - 1'44.0xx
Race - 1'27.9xx

👍 ! Only ran 10 laps with the Dodge VIPER GTS '99, best was 1'46.376 -2.3xxx slower than you ;)-

Good luck all !

Next week will be even more tap-tap-tapping out of the corners. :scared:

Yes it will :D ! (a :scared::D... :scared::eek::crazy::D... :scared::eek::banghead::ouch:... :boggled::D:D:D:D is coming next week !)

I took these cars out for a quick spin (and I literally did spin out on turn 11). I can't remember my times, but I'm sure they weren't too fast compared to you guys. The more I drive at Infineon Raceway, the more I like it's challenging turns combined with the elevation changes. Trial Mountain is similar in certain respects...

I must say I hate this track. Blind narrow corners with crazy elevations? And with an effing Viper with no proper tires nor throttle control?

HELL

Stock - 1'44.0xx
Race - 1'27.9xx

Man you're freaking fast with the stock on default settings (+ S3 right ?) :crazy: !!!

I tried for an hour and I was only able to hit a mid 1'45. with it ! Back on L-F Stock tuning I hit 1'44.975 but I actually fought for it !!! Man you're fast :bowdown: ! Just stop right here ;) !

EDIT : vipers at infineon = nice replays to watch 👍👍👍 :D

Okay, for now I only have a 1'45.350 with the stock. I think I can do better, although I'm afraid for my PSP - the Viper spins out so easily I had gigantic urges to smash the PSP sometimes >:|

So yeah, gotta wait till the race car appears :|

FINALLY!! fixed! I think I'm alright now. I can access the site as before!! Wooooohooo!!!! but wait...just in time for 2 vipers. LOL!! This is really gonna be tough comeback. So sad I can't make it on time for red ice week.

I'll start running laps later tonight after work. Been rusty in GT for the past weeks.

Stock 1'43.high

This car has one very mean 2nd gear!

You just beat Dan360's current time. :scared:

I must say I hate this track. Blind narrow corners with crazy elevations? And with an effing Viper with no proper tires nor throttle control?

HELL

Nice to see some new TACers. :)
I rarely race around this track, so its gonna be a tough one

Welcome back!, redice! you were really missed here.
My first serious run with the stock Viper 1'42.6xx I think a high 41or low 42 is what I'm going to get. This track is a blast with those elevation changes and blind turns, the little brother of the Laguna Seca my ex favourite track and I like it.

btw, I had a couple races with the Team Oreca and noticed that the AI is more agressive there, I had one with a fun end, late passes and a close finish. If I remember correctly my faster lap was 1'27.8xx.

Great to have you back red ice and MRV08! The next 2 or so weeks will be crazy! :crazy:

I ran another session with moderate tuning:

Race - 1'27.7xx
Stock - 1'43.2xx

Man you're freaking fast with the stock on default settings (+ S3 right ?) :crazy: !!!

I've checked my leaderboard at Infineon and my stock Viper did run on S3's!

^ I'm sure you did but as the first OP said R1 for both cars there was a possibility of using wrong tires ! :bowdown: for your times on default settings !

No new times for me yet !

:cheers:

I should be having fun with these two beasts (I can't call these truck-engined cars ladies, sorry), but instead it's being frustrating as hell. I think I finally hit the right tuning though, so now I just gotta have pacience >=|

Currently I have a time of 1:43:350 with the stock GTS. Still don't have the race version, but I'm getting close ;)

Back