GTP WTAC Week 51 : Easyasashii's Classic Ladies

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 55 comments
GTP WTAC Week 51 : Easyasashii's Classic Ladies

*** These two older, but still sexy ladies are highly sought by collectors and enthusiasts alike. If you were to try and purchase both cars on the collector auction market today, you'd need a couple of million US dollars in order to drive them home. These are the automotive versions of a MILF... let's call them CILF's! ***

1. Track : Laguna Seca

picture.php

2. Cars : Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car '63 & Shelby Cobra 427 '66

vette.jpg
l
shelbycobra.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: R1 / R1
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday May 9th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday May 16th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday May 16th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

--------------------

8. Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l pvr77########22
2nd #-l Dan360######.l20
3rd #l-l MVR08#######l15#
small_up_arrow.gif
#(tied for 3rd)
3rd #l-l Detroitbb#####ll15###(tied for 3rd)
5th #l-l easyasashii###&l14#
small_down_arrow.gif

6th #l-l vaughan#####$l10

----------------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
I just want to mention that we aren't to use TCS for this event! Please make note of that... thank you!

EDIT: We have changed our minds and now it is permissible to use traction control (TCS) with both cars... so feel free to put it at 10,5,1,0, or at any setting that you want!

👍

Last edited:
I just want to mention that we aren't to use TCS for this event! Please make note of that... thank you!

EDIT: We have changed our minds and now it is permissible to use traction control (TCS) with both cars... so feel free to put it at 10,5,1,0, or at any setting that you want!

👍
Do you mean it's really very hard without TCS?... Wondering if I should I should turn my TCS on to 5 as a muscle car coward...First use TCS to learn the driving line, then try less TCS to learn control? Is it better for a novice?

^this is really up to you, I already ran a half an hour session with the cobra + TCS 1 (I don't think I'll go higher than 1) that gave me 1'34.073.

I guess our freaking fast drivers ;) will be around 1'31 / 1'30 by the end of the week.

Good luck all !

Do you mean it's really very hard without TCS?... Wondering if I should I should turn my TCS on to 5 as a muscle car coward...First use TCS to learn the driving line, then try less TCS to learn control? Is it better for a novice?

High HP cars (especially those without additional downforce via front/rear aerodynamic wings) can be difficult to 'drive' in GT PSP as the buttons aren't analog. These two classics are a challenge to drive without losing grip in the rear tires. TCS can help with that by slowing down the wheels when they start to spin and lose grip. Ultimately, I'm guessing that the fastest drivers will be those not using TCS, but doing so will require a lot of skill and patience to master.

If you want to start with TCS at 5 and then lower it as you gain confidence in the track & car, that might be a good strategy. The most important thing is to get clean laps while learning the braking points and the fastest driving line.

I ran three laps with each car last night and had a 1'30.0xx with the Chevy Corvette and a 1'33.7xx with the Shelby Cobra. I didn't use TCS at all, but I only had one clean lap with each car!

...First use TCS to learn the driving line, then try less TCS to learn control? Is it better for a novice?

My two cents: Laguna Seca is a very difficult track and running these two ''Ladies'' (I think of them more as Dragons or many other more colorful names when I spin out, which is often :crazy: ) on this track is quite a tall order for anyone. My strategy is more or less to find the line and the grip limits of the tires first and then to tune. The cork-screw (turns 8 & 8a) is essentially just a S-bend on a steep down hill so treat it like a normal two part corner, and slowly, under 55kph in 3rd at first and then push it further when you can nail it every time at that speed. My problem on this track has always been turn 6, it keeps on surprising me and I can never find a good breaking point nor the best line through it.

Good luck to all, we're in week two of a very challenging three weeks, next week is gonna drive us all :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:........

I just want to let everyone know that we are not allowed to cut into the pit lane just after the start/finish line (it's the point on the trackmap in the first post with a red number 1).

I'm too reliant on TCS when it comes to high powered cars. I ran a session last night with no TCS or + Toe-in. Not much of a problem with the Corvette, but the Shelby Cobra drove me crazy. :crazy:

Corvette - 1'27.4xx
Shelby Cobra - 1'32.5xx

For anyone who knows the track well, did you notice that PD had taken out the brake markers?

I just want to let everyone know that we are not allowed to cut into the pit lane just after the start/finish line (it's the point on the trackmap in the first post with a red number 1).

Noted 👍 ! The track's borders are the two white lines, right :scared: ?

About the cork-screw (turns 8 & 8a), I know this is a very hard track, especially with the cobra :scared:, but please do try all your best to stay as clean as possible as it is a complex chicane with an "outside rumble/ripple strip" that quickly becomes an "inside rumble/ripple strip"... so pay attention... and good luck ;) !

No new times for me...

I'm too reliant on TCS when it comes to high powered cars. I ran a session last night with no TCS or + Toe-in. Not much of a problem with the Corvette, but the Shelby Cobra drove me crazy. :crazy:

Corvette - 1'27.4xx
Shelby Cobra - 1'32.5xx

For anyone who knows the track well, did you notice that PD had taken out the brake markers?

yep. no more brake markers. I use those markers as guides especially on corkscrew and the final turn. noticed it on the very first day I played GTpsp

What I do miss in laguna Seca is the blinding SUN!(GT3)

Andretti is always a problem for me. Double apex on a shelby cobra.

Last edited:
1'32.4xx with the Cobra.

I REALLY struggled to get my time into the mid-1'32 range!

:confused: I'm not sure I'm following you... You mean an mid-1'32 range average ?

I just caught up with you : 1'32.351 ;) !

I can see a high 1'31..., maybe a mid-1'31 but not a 1'30 :crazy: !!!

Haven't run the Corvette yet as I focused on the Cobra !

Good luck all !

^ I second that red ice.
Its impressive to see how much pvr has improved over the weeks, I mean I improved, everyone has but He has the most.

My times with the Cobra is 1'30.194 right now. I want to do a below 1'30 but it looks possible and impossible at the same time so I'll see if can get lucky in one last session.

I also have to tip my hat to pvr's run in the Cobra! It looks nothing like my runs with the same car - my tail end tends to get loose three or four times per lap.

With some light-to-moderate tuning, I got my Corvette time down to 1'27.2xx and my Cobra's time down to 1'31.9xx.

lol still fixing better fps settings, super crappy stream, the main window that says live. thats the current stream. ones below are past clips. cant focus on driving as i'm trying different settings first.
sorry

no need for any plugins, its streamed live same as how youtube works.

if there's a black box and says live, it is still loading

Last edited:
red ice
amazing! pvr77!! superb driving skills
:)
MVR08
^ I second that red ice.
Its impressive to see how much pvr has improved over the weeks, I mean I improved, everyone has but He has the most.
:embarrassed: Gee, thanx guys!!! :D Recently something just clicked with my driving, I was reading this Brazilian blog about tuning stock cars (I forget what site I was on), and the guy was talking about how a good tune is one where you ''don't feel like you're fighting the car through corners'' and ''letting the suspension do most of the steering'' and how important acceleration steering is when exiting turns. This is probably old news for most of you but I wanted to kick myself for not learning this technique earlier. :ouch: I felt this back in the Mustang challenge a couple of weeks ago but didn't click back then.

Last edited:
Back