GTP WTAC Week 60 : Rare Supercars

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 37 comments
GTP WTAC Week 60 : Rare Supercars

*** Cizeta was founded in the later 80's in Italy by Claudio Zampolli (who sold and serviced Italian sports cars like Ferrari and Lamborghini) and famed musician Giorgio Moroder (who was instrumental in helping to shape the direction of electronic music from the 70's-80's and beyond). Shortly after the concept car was shown to the public (named 'Cizeta-Moroder V16T'), Giorgio Moroder left the project and the all the subsequent production cars were called Cizeta V16T. Only 8 were made before the company went under in 1994 and moved to southern California. There, Cizeta made two more V16T's - one in 1999 and another in 2003. They are still made if someone is willing pay the $650,000 US dollar fee for one. It's interesting to note that this is the exact initial design of the Lamborghinin Diablo before Chrysler (who owned Lamborghini at the time) started to make changes to Marcello Gandini's creation. This pissed Mr. Gandini off so much that he used same styling for the Cizeta. He claimed that is what the Diablo should have looked like. Another neat fact is the the Cizeta V16T is the visual inspiration for the 'Infernus' model in the Grand Theft Auto series. Our next supercar is a Giorgetto Giugiaro/Italdesign styled concept made for Volkswagen starting in 1997. The version we are using here is the 2001 V12 Nardo, which was named in honor of the Nardo Ring high speed test track in Italy. The V12 was said to have a top speed of 357 kph/222 mph and contained a 590 HP/458 ft-lbs of torque 12 cylinder engine. It debuted in 2001's Tokyo Auto Show and it's technology went on to other production Volkwagen cars like the Phaeton and the Touareg. ***

1. Track : Test Track & High Speed Ring (forward)

picture.php

picture.php

*Please note: We'll be using the Cizeta at the Test Track and the Volkswagen at High Speed Ring

2. Cars : Cizeta V16T '94 & Volkswagen W12 Nardo Concept '01

cizeta.jpg
l
w12m.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S3 / S3
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday July 11th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday July 18th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday July 18th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

--------------------

8. Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l Dan360######.l30
2nd #-l pvr77########27
3rd #l-l Detroitbb#####)23
4th #l-l MVR08#######l14
5th #l-l red ice######&l13#
small_up_arrow.gif

6th #l-l vaughan#####$l11#
small_down_arrow.gif

----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Notice: We'll be racing the Cizeta at the Test Track and the Volkswagen at High Speed Ring (forward)... and I changed the tire selection from R1's to S3's (which I believe are the default tire choices for both automobiles).

If you're looking for a fun diversion from the normal challenge, try taking the Cizeta out on the High Speed Ring - the overabundance of torque in this ultra-rare supercar makes for an interesting ride!

It was always my intention for the WTAC to use all the tracks (and all their variations) and all the cars in the game. Doing a whole week's challenge using just the Test Course might be pretty boring, so I paired it up with another track to make it more interesting and tolerable. So I just want to apologize to anyone not thrilled with running the Test Course!

haizz...my 8GB memory stick got busted after almost 3 yrs of continuous use.
Need to buy a replacement as my 1GB card isn't big enough for GTPSP.

Last edited:
^Yes, a few months ago I tried everything to make GT fit on a 1 gig card for a friend of mine but to no avail, its impossible. Someone on PSPISO told me that there is a ripped version without the music that should fit but I could never find it....

^Yes, a few months ago I tried everything to make GT fit on a 1 gig card for a friend of mine but to no avail, its impossible. Someone on PSPISO told me that there is a ripped version without the music that should fit but I could never find it....
Consider to convert ISO to CSO? Will it be small enough?

It was always my intention for the WTAC to use all the tracks (and all their variations) and all the cars in the game. Doing a whole week's challenge using just the Test Course might be pretty boring, so I paired it up with another track to make it more interesting and tolerable. So I just want to apologize to anyone not thrilled with running the Test Course!
What can we do with the Test Course?:) To focus on the tuning of the car? I think that won't make much difference. I'm sorry I only do a few runs on that track, most of which are to earn money with a Mc super-car. But a over-steer with a too much torque car is indeed a disaster on this track:scared:

Consider to convert ISO to CSO? Will it be small enough?

Tried it but it is still 980+ MB. Still can't fit as my 1GB card has alloted some system files in it

gonna try to look for it

Do you mind if I join this one?

of course you can join! 👍:)

Last edited:
Took the Cizeta for a spin on the High Speed Ring and after about 20 or so laps and some tuning got it down to 1'14.9xx.

Btw Detroit, can we go over the yellow line on the back straight and the first high speed corner?

Last edited:
Here's my entry for this week:

Cizeta V16T '94 - 1'51.768

Cizeta.jpg

Volkswagen W12 Nardo Concept '01 - 1'10.767

VWW12.jpg

Combined time: 3'02.535

Not much to say this week. The Cizeta + Test Course combo was suprising, but it wasn't boring. It was interesting to see which lines to take at Test Course.

Awesome!!

I'm especially glad that you got photos of the headlights!

My thoughts too! Once again, great photos red ice!

Attachments

• Cizeta.zip
    54.7 KB · Views: 5
  • VW W12.zip
    53.4 KB · Views: 6
Hello all, I wasn't dead, I was partying haha! just kiding thats an old frase from a classic song
called "No estaba muerto, estaba de parranda" the song talks about a guy missed that
his family and friends thought he was dead but.. anyway I was surfing the web when I found that
there's new official times on the ring for the Lexus LFA (Nurb' Edition) and the new Corvettes
with speedo included so I came with the idea of recreate them in GT5.

First thing is tires selection, which one of the tires compound of GT5 recreate best the real life
tires of this cars? this has been tested by a lot of people here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=160821 in GTP concluding that GT5's
tires physics are kind of simple, in the sense that they are basicaly a linear grip multiplyer
so if for example a car can pull 0.90 G's on S1 tires in the 'skid path test' then on S2 can pull
0.95 G's, S3 1.00 G's and that pattern continue with every softer tire compound and it does not
work that simple in real life, there's a lot more things people found testing but I will continue
with my test for now.

The tire recomendation of those who made the test for the LFA were S2 tires but after memorizing
at which speed the LFA turned every corner and waching how the car behaved througout the lap,
I desided to use S1 tires to start the test. First thing I noticed was that the gear ratios of the GT5
LFA were higher than his real life counterpart, so I installed a custom transmition and started to
tune it, in GT5 you can't know at which speed every single gear limits, only the final gear and even
that is grongly stated, so it was a try and error thing to setting up till I got bore.. err.. I
got the gears close enough to the real thing.

Now it was time to test my own Custom made LFA (Nurb' Edition) on the ring! yay!! (Note: I know that the real life LFA (Nurb' Edition) have some aerodinamic improvements but you can't install any of that to the LFA in GT5 sadly)
but there was something grong, the RL LFA can only reach a speed of 291km/h on the main straight and
the GT5 LFA can go up to 317km/h, thats a 26km/h difference big enough to ruin any attempt to recreate
the real thing. My first theory to explain this was that the GT5 car is more powerfull than the RL car
but people says that the Nurb' Edition LFA have 10HP more than the standard LFA, my GT5 LFA with
an oil change have 562HP thats ironicaly 10 more than the standard car have, so my second theory was
logicaly that drag effect on the car and going up hill at high speed specially at 250km/h or more
is incorrectly simulated at least in the Ring and this cars, it doesn't have as big of an effect
slowing down the car as it does in RL. The real life Corvette ZR1 with over 630Hp can only reach 295km/h on the main straight
so it isn't easy to reach speeds of over 300km/h on the ring and in GT5 that car can go over 320km/h.

How to solve this problem? the only thing that I could think of was to limit the Hp of the car with the
GT5 power limiter, I started limiting the car to 525HP and to my surprise there wasn't a noticeable
effect on the car and I was even more surprised when I found that in order to stop the car to reach speeds
over 300km/h on the main straight I had to limit the LFA to 450HP, one may think that 100HP less would
make the car a lot slower but since the power limiter only reduce the Hp the torque and Hp at low and mid range
revs is still intact so acceleration is almost the same and only at high speed it makes a difference, and thats
exactly what I wanted to happen.

All right!! paper and pencil at hand fellow GT5ers if you want your own custom made Lexus LFA (Nurb' Edition) this
is what you need.
1- A Lexus LFA '10
2- S1 tires (S2 optional)
3- A custom tranny and set the top speed to 90, 125-130, 170-175, 200-205, 255-260 for every gear respectivebly.
4- Limit the Hp to around 450 and you are ready to go!

Well let me tell you that I ran the car trying to corner at the same speed I saw in the real life video
and it was pretty spot on I was surprised by the results, in fact in those time attack sessions in real life
the clock starts were it start in GT5 but it stops on a white line just after the last corner (You can see that line in GT5 too)
and I reached that line in GT5 with a time of 7'22.xxx same as the real life LFA.

RL video.

left the replay file of my lap attached so if someone wants to make a video showing the real and virtual laps simultaneously (I´m looking at you red ice hehe!;)) that would be great.

Attachments

• BCUS98114-RPL001.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Here's my entry, sorry I was so quite (again), work is work. Had fun with the Nardo, one very mean car!

Course: Test Course / Forward
Vehicle: Cizeta V16T '94
Time: 1'52.192
pic0001g.png

Course: High Speed Ring / Forward
Vehicle: Volkswagen W12 Nardo Concept '01
Time: 1'10.176
pic0006.png

Total Time : 3'02.368

👍

Attachments

• Cizeta V16T.zip
    54.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Volkswagen W12 Nardo.zip
    53.5 KB · Views: 5
Cizeta V16T '94: 1'52.009

52009c.jpg

Volkswagen W12 Nardo Concept '01: 1'10.458

10458.jpg

combined time: 3'02.467

So far, the submitted times are pretty close this week!

:cheers:

I hope you all can join us in Valencia, Spain for Week 61!

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B09A941C800.zip
    54.4 KB · Views: 5
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BD32E07C100.zip
    53.4 KB · Views: 6

Latest Posts

Back