GTP WTAC Week 65 : Improvement Through Tuning

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 49 comments
GTP WTAC Week 65 : Improvement Through Tuning

*** There isn't much information out there about these two cars (beyond what it found on our copy of GT PSP). But both are highly tuned versions of already stellar Japanese sports cars. The Skyline gets the loving treatment from Nismo and the S2000 is skillfully prepared by Amuse. Both are high-performance cars, but with different characteristics. They each have their own unique personality. Come join us and see which one is best for you! ***

1. Track : Citta di Aria (reverse)

picture.php

2. Cars : NISMO 400R ’96 & Amuse S2000 R1 ’04

nismop.jpg
l
amuse.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: R1 / R1
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday August 15th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday August 22nd 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday August 22nd 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

--------------------

8. Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l MVR08#######l16
2nd #-l Detroitbb#####)14
3rd #l-l fazamu0079####(6###(tied for 3rd)
3rd #l-l vaughan######lll6###(tied for 3rd)

----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Some body should post a ghost to chase quickly ... really tough track,even among city tracks. I think I should first improve my AI level to A in Race mode to get some experience. It looks like we drove a golf or some other on this map a few weeks ago?

Some body should post a ghost to chase quickly ... really tough track,even among city tracks.

I'll run some laps tonight and then post the ghost replays tomorrow so people can race against them.

It looks like we drove a golf or some other on this map a few weeks ago?

Not in the WTAC. If I remember correctly, the last time we used this track was for Week 25... and we used the forward direction in that challenge.

Please note: I accidentally wrote 'forward' instead of 'reverse' in the initial post. I have since corrected my mistake, but I'm hoping everyone sees this message and races on the 'reverse' direction of Citta di Aria!

I did some laps with nismo in race mode. It is tough to race on this narrow track with a wide car. If I can't chase closely enough, I have no opportunity to overtake in the right position, only a few exist, and to do a clean overtake requires delicate skills.
Do you feel that nismo has little accelerating ability other than in gear 1 and braking always takes a longer way than I expected.
What's the key point when running on a uneven and narrow city track? Be more familiar with the track, brake on even areas and not go too fast before blind corners?

It is tough to race on this narrow track with a wide car.

It certainly is difficult to navigate any car on the narrow streets of Citta di Aria... especially with a wide-bodied car like a Skyline!

Do you feel that nismo has little accelerating ability other than in gear 1 and braking always takes a longer way than I expected.
What's the key point when running on a uneven and narrow city track? Be more familiar with the track, brake on even areas and not go too fast before blind corners?

Braking does take longer than it would on a flat track. All the elevation changes combined with turns make braking even more difficult. I find that I try to brake even earlier than I normally would so my car won't slam into a wall. I'd rather have my car going slowly enough to maintain grip than to see the dreaded sparks!

I'm posting up a ghost replay for each car that you guys can race against. The Amuse S2000 lap is completely clean... and I though the Nismo 400R's lap was clean too, until I checked the replay this morning as saw that I did scrap a wall and saw sparks. But the lap is still good to race against early in this week's challenge.

👍

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BD6D2810000.zip
    54.4 KB · Views: 11
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BD6D2810001.zip
    54.5 KB · Views: 11
What about your times so far?:sly:

I didn't race at all last night (was too busy reading a book), so my times in the above ghost replays still stand.

What are those times? I don't remember! Ha ha ha!

I'll get some new times this evening though... and I'll post them up tomorrow.

1'43 Nismo 400R and 1'47 Amuse with lots of sparks...

With practice, you'll see improvement! But the hardest part of this challenge is the skinny, twisty road. It's better to take it easy and avoid collisions with the wall than to drive too aggressively (that's easier said than done though!).

Did you try racing against my ghost replays?

With practice, you'll see improvement! But the hardest part of this challenge is the skinny, twisty road. It's better to take it easy and avoid collisions with the wall than to drive too aggressively (that's easier said than done though!).

Did you try racing against my ghost replays?
All night long running with Amuse. Made a 1'41.xx record but with a small spark at the very beginning... After that, couldn't get under 1.43 again and not even one clean lap gotten at all...
Those shades from buildings are terrible enemies, always want to kiss me and make sparks! I agree with you that keeping stable and in the center of the road is worthy. For example, You can win the time back if you can perform an excellent turn at the end of the long downhill road.
My problem is my amuse fishtails more often than I expected. I did try hard to avoid braking too hard when turning. Your car seems more controllable during braking and accelerating. Any driving advice for me on avoiding fishtail or any tune to set ?
Other than that, I felt clumsy to change gear, at the twisty uphill sector where max speed can be no more than 90kmph and lest speed should be 70+kmph(I think). However, it's more likely I followed a wrong driving line.

The Amuse S2000 is a rear-wheel drive car, so allowing more weight to transfer to the back would likely help a bit (especially when accelerating). To do that, try to lower the rear spring by one notch and lower the rear damper by one also.

I think I might have even tried to raise my front spring setting by one and my front damper by one as well, but I can't remember if that helped me during braking or not.

rear spring = 1 ?... Or do you mean front spring = rear spring + 1 is fine?

I meant to lower the rear spring setting by one. For instance say your front and rear springs are set to 5 (I can't remember what they are actually set to in the default setup)... you would lower that by one so the rear would be set at 4.

Finally got my first clean lap with Amuse... 1.42.696. Improved best lap time to 1.41.912 but with spark...
Let me have a break and turn to Nismo. It's like a torture for me to run on narrow street:)

Your throttle control is more gentle and swift, such as 1/2 full throttle, and your steer is more balanced and steady so that you can brake or change direction at the time which is necessary. I made this conclusion according to your last brake and turn at the conjunction from downhill to uphill.:)

Finally got my first clean lap with Amuse... 1.42.696.

👍

There is a real sense of accomplishment when running a clean lap. I got two clean (and faster) laps last night and actually felt proud! It's tough to do on such a tight road...

I got a 1'38.2xx with the Nismo 400R and 1'38.4xx with the Amuse S2000.

👍

There is a real sense of accomplishment when running a clean lap. I got two clean (and faster) laps last night and actually felt proud! It's tough to do on such a tight road...

I got a 1'38.2xx with the Nismo 400R and 1'38.4xx with the Amuse S2000.
And there would be some insight after having a clean lap:)
Congratulations:tup: However, since we haven't got any feedback from MVR08 and others, I think you have to try hard if you are eager to be the champion:sly:

And there would be some insight after having a clean lap:)
Congratulations:tup: However, since we haven't got any feedback from MVR08 and others, I think you have to try hard if you are eager to be the champion:sly:

I fully expect MVR08 to submit a time, so I'm competing for 2nd place!

:sly:

Hi guys) nice hot laps)
It was difficult to get clean lap, but i got a 1.36.9xx with the Nismo 400R and 1.38.1xx with s2k (my best with s2k 1.37.4xx. but i had spark).

Hi guys) nice hot laps)
It was difficult to get clean lap, but i got a 1.36.9xx with the Nismo 400R and 1.38.1xx with s2k (my best with s2k 1.37.4xx. but i had spark).
Hi, take photos, post your ghost replays and join us for the WTAC:tup:

Latest Posts

Back