GTP WTAC Week 88 : Stock & Tuned Challenge

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 40 comments
GTP WTAC Week 88 : Stock & Tuned Challenge

*** The final season of GT Planet's GT PSP Time Attack Challenge (TAC) was hosted by Glubags. He also happened to be the best racer in the TAC, though he did at times have some stiff competition. His one and only season hosting the TAC featured his own car combos - stock and tuned. He would typically find a stock passenger car in the game and then choose a highly tuned/modified race or rally version of the same car. The other competitors loved the idea and it's been a part of the most recent version of the TAC... the Weekly Time Attack Challenge (WTAC) started by easyasashii. ***

1. Track : Grand Valley East (forward) & Cathedral Rocks Trail II (forward)

(We'll be using the 1983 Nissan SILVIA 240RS (S100) at Grand Valley East and we will use the 1985 Nissan 240RS Rally Car at Cathedral Rocks Trail II)

picture.php

picture.php

2. Cars : Nissan SILVIA 240RS (S100) ’83 & Nissan 240RS Rally Car ’85

stockem.jpg
l
tuned.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S2 / S2 (for stock Nissan Silvia 240RS) DRT / SNW (for 240RS Rally Car)
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday January 23rd 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday January 30th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday January 30th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

--------------------

8. Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l MVR08######l39
2nd #-l Dan360#####$29#
small_up_arrow.gif

3rd #l-l Detroitbb####)23#
small_down_arrow.gif

4th #l-l Antares26####16
5th #l-l anastasis14##lll12#
small_up_arrow.gif

6th #l-l vaughan####4l10#
small_down_arrow.gif

7th #l-l zipiol########l4

----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Challenge is active!

Please note the that we will race the stock/street Nissan Silvia 240RS at Grand Valley East... and we will use the rally version of the 240RS at Cathedral Rocks Trail II.

Found both of them...took me a while to skip days just to get the right Nissan dealer though >.<

This is a very interesting lineup we have here, a car-for-track combo. I'm very eager to get started on this one. 👍

well I'm skipping aswell to day 526, because of the Spyker ;>
maybe I find them too, so I could participate this week ;)

btw, how do You choose cars for TAC ?
I would like to see some 350Z or my fav EVO VIII '04 ;)

btw, how do You choose cars for TAC ?

My intention is to use all the automobiles in GT PSP. I also try to avoid using the same car more than once so we can all experience the variety given to us by Polyphony Digital.

I've been part of the TAC/WTAC since it began (technically, I missed the first few weeks of the first TAC season) and am aware of what cars we've already used.

I usually choose the cars, but sometimes I give our competitors the chance to choose the car combos for the WTAC.

yes, this method is righteous, but if we like preticular car than what? we need to wait 800 weeks ? ;/

yes, this method is righteous, but if we like preticular car than what? we need to wait 800 weeks ? ;/

Technically, it's closer to 400+ weeks... ha ha ha

The typical Gran Turismo cars (Lancer, Impreza, Skyline, NSX, S2000, 350Z, etc.) were used earlier in the TAC/WTAC, but not all versions have been raced. I know of a few different versions of the 350Z that we still haven't taken out on the track. That also applies to the Lancer too. I can't remember off-hand if we've used the 2004 Evolution VIII, but if we haven't we'll be sure to do so in the future.

I've already got the next six weeks planned out, but after that I'll ask everyone to choose a combo for the WTAC... so that might be a good time for you to pick a 350Z/Lancer Evo for us to race!

great! :D
can U reveal cars for next events ? (to find out if I had'em and accuire them if not)

I just posted Week 89's cars and will post Week 90 tomorrow (which will be the Honda Accord Euro-R '00 and the Honda Accord Euro-R '02).

I haven't yet decided the exact order of the upcoming car combos, but these are the cars:

* Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited Super Charger ’86 / Toyota MR2 GT-S ’97
* Lotus Esprit V8 ’02 / Lotus Esprit Sport 350 ’00
* Nissan XANAVI HIROTO GT-R (JGTC) ’01 / Toyota au CERUMO Supra (JGTC) ’01
* Honda PRELUDE SiR S spec ’98 / Honda PRELUDE Si VTEC ’91

im not sure i have those EXACT versions... can we use for example Japanese version of a car or so? I mean lots of them are exacly the same car but have R, S, H or other stupid names and power weight and pretty much everything is the same... or it have to be those exact?

im not sure i have those EXACT versions... can we use for example Japanese version of a car or so? I mean lots of them are exacly the same car but have R, S, H or other stupid names and power weight and pretty much everything is the same... or it have to be those exact?

We have to have the exact versions of the cars given for the challenge, getting another version from the one specified can lead to one of many things. You can get a weight advantage, a power advantage or a disadvantage on those different models.

but i already said there are a lot of exact SAME car but different name... your not reading what im writing...
nevermind... i'll try to find them ;)

Grand Valley East with 240RS Road Car
1'16.8xx (stock)

I think I'm gonna have to adjust to the tracks more than to the cars. I'm not really used to driving on these courses in GTP, and I don't really remember how I've driven these tracks on past GT games since I was too young to even care about how :P

I skipped 10-20 days and here we go !
back in the game ;d I'll post my initial times later when I S-rank tracks ;d
I've got 1:20.xxx in race mode at Grand Valley East ;>

You'll need the exact version of the car that I list for each challenge... UNLESS I specifically mention (in the challenge thread for that week) that you can use an alternate version. I have done so twice, so it does happen, but I mostly require the specific car that was listed.

👍

My times from last night -

Nissan SILVIA 240RS (S100) ’83: 1'17.8xx

Nissan 240RS Rally Car ’85: 1'18.2xx

*Please make sure you switch to S2 tires in the 1983 Nissan Silvia 240RS (S100) after using the rally version!

rally car is so pain in the ass... ;/
I thought SLR was hard to drive... omg...

Yes, a rear-wheel drive rally car is very challenging!

I find that I alternate the X button with the steering. What I mean is that I try not to move left/right while accelerating or else I greatly increase my chance of the car's back end sliding out. But the fastest racers will find a way to accelerate and turn at the same time... but I'm not one of the fastest racers in the WTAC!

Also, trying to hit those two jumps straight is testing my patience!

Wow, this is really a fun challenge! I've only done Grand Valley so far because I want to focus on one track at a time and it's really a handful!

Nissan Silvia 240RS (S100) '83: 1'16.3xx

I'm now gonna try and do the Cathedral Rocks Trail II with the Rally Car. 👍

Edit: Is it me or the only tire configurations available for the Rally Car on this track is a Dirt/Dirt? Because I'm trying to find a way to follow the Dirt/Snow configuration specified but the tire selection is blacked out....

Last edited:
Edit: Is it me or the only tire configurations available for the Rally Car on this track is a Dirt/Dirt? Because I'm trying to find a way to follow the Dirt/Snow configuration specified but the tire selection is blacked out....

Drt/Drt is the tire choice for this car/track combo.

I put 'Dirt/Snow' only because I didn't know which rally track I was going to choose when I created the Week 88 thread.

Drt/Drt is the tire choice for this car/track combo.

I put 'Dirt/Snow' only because I didn't know which rally track I was going to choose when I created the Week 88 thread.

Oh, okay, I thought I missed something :)

I never thought rally driving in Pro handling was this hard! It took me about 20 laps to get the hang of driving on stock settings.

Nissan Silvia 240RS Rally Car '85: 1'17.8xx

Okay...I'm clocking my times in for this week. It has been challenging and fun at the same time 👍

Nissan Silvia 240RS (S100) '83 @ Grand Valley East/Forward: 1'15.900
Week88-240RSRoadCar.jpg

This car has been a joy to drive, but struggling to find the proper settings for this car has barricaded me from driving a faster lap. :grumpy:
Still, I don't think I did too bad for this car-track combo :P

Nissan 240RS Rally Car '85 @ Cathedral Rocks Trail II/Forward: 1'15.498
Week88-240RSRallyCar.jpg

Personally, I spent more time this week figuring out how to drive an FR Rally Car, which spins out on the slightest excess throttle, and countersteering with the analog stick is hell, as the axis turns all the way with even the slightest nub. :crazy:
Eventually, I got the hang of the car and track and it made the challenge worthwhile.
Fun car + Fun track = MOAR FUN! :dopey:

Combined Overall Time: 2'31.398

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B8EB1915600.zip
    54.3 KB · Views: 7
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BB96F616400.zip
    55.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Back