GTP WTAC Week 90 : Euro-R Brothers

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 34 comments
GTP WTAC Week 90 : Euro-R Brothers

*** Honda wanted to make the Euro-R the flagship model of the Accord lineup (in the same way that the M3 is the flagship of the BMW 3-series). Both cars are pretty similar with only minor differences between the two (slight weight differences and slightly different handling characteristics). In a future challenge, we'll explore the sportier version Honda built on the Accord platform - the Honda Prelude. But, for now, enjoy this performance-oriented grocery-hauler! ***

1. Track : Opera Paris (forward)

picture.php

2. Cars : Honda ACCORD Euro-R ’00 & Honda ACCORD Euro-R ’02

2000xj.jpg
l
2002iw.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S2 / S2
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday February 6th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday February 13th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday February 13th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

--------------------

Last edited:
I just wanted to give you all a heads up about our upcoming challenges since I haven't created the actual threads (I'll do those tomorrow or Tuesday depending on how busy I am).

Week 91: Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited Super Charger ’86 / Toyota MR2 GT-S ’97

Week 92: Nissan XANAVI HIROTO GT-R (JGTC) ’01 / Toyota au CERUMO Supra (JGTC) ’01

Week 93: Lotus Esprit V8 ’02 / Lotus Esprit Sport 350 ’00

Week 94: Honda PRELUDE SiR S spec ’98 / Honda PRELUDE Si VTEC ’91

Starting with Week 95, I'll have each competitor choose two cars for a challenge (I'll still pick the track). So start thinking about what you'd like to see us race!

Nice combos dbb! I'll definitely watch out for week 92 and 93^^
@Antares26-you kinda remind me of rpr101, he loves the Supra too. So I'm expecting you to beat MVR and Sir L-F on week 92. 👍

Nice combos dbb! I'll definitely watch out for week 92 and 93^^
@Antares26-you kinda remind me of rpr101, he loves the Supra too. So I'm expecting you to beat MVR and Sir L-F on week 92. 👍

Whoa whoa, that's too much, Red Ice! :dunce:

I know I'm gonna have to step up on that challenge but I'm not really expecting myself to beat those two, they're on a higher level already. 👍

That was your friendly nemesis!

Red - Do you still see rpr101 around online with GT5 anymore?

he is online regularly,but he usually plays FPS games and judging by his Gt5 online record and completion , he rarely played the game at all. It is possible though that his account is being used by multiple users.
I myself have no time to race GT5 at all. I`m stuck at 98percent completion coz of the gruelling 24hrs nurburgring and la sarthe. lol. forcing myself to win it using the s2000 gt1.
Hopefully, I'll be able to win it when I go for my 4th attempt this month.

Accord Euro-R '00 ~ 1'39.3xx
Accord Euro-R '02 ~ 1'40.5xx

I don't know how this happened, but the '02 model just feels so heavy, even though it accelerates faster than the '00 model....could be just me though, I'm a sucker for FF's :crazy:

Accord Euro-R '00 ~ 1'39.3xx
Accord Euro-R '02 ~ 1'40.5xx

I don't know how this happened, but the '02 model just feels so heavy, even though it accelerates faster than the '00 model....could be just me though, I'm a sucker for FF's :crazy:

could be torque.

Argh, real life is hampering me from practicing again! :crazy:

Anyway, I managed to do about 5 laps earlier today, but only with the '00 model.

Accord Euro-R '00 ~ 1'38.2xx

I'm gonna try and get some laps done with the '02 model tomorrow, and maybe, finally get better at handling the torque-filled FF. 👍

i cant drive on this track... honda '00 is too long and dont even try to turn... -,- ;p
i'll try maybe today some custom settings.. ;)

i cant drive on this track... honda '00 is too long and dont even try to turn... -,- ;p

Try lowering the rear toe setting to 0 (it is set at +20 by default). It'll help make the steering feel a bit 'looser'.

👍

Wow, I managed to get good results with the '02 model this time.

Accord Euro-R '02 ~ 1'37.6xx

And this was on stock settings! With the +20 rear toe! I'm starting to think I need to come up with a setup from scratch when it comes to FF cars. :crazy:

lol xD funny...
but it would be nice to have BBM WTAC group to talk whenever we want ;)
so if someone is up to, here's my PIN: 20FB1E3D ;)

UNDERSTEER...that's what happens when driving most FF cars...and that's what you're experiencing. Understeer tends to make you car go straight when cornering rather than turn inside the corner. Knowing that and driving it in a track full of tight corners makes it even harder. Dbb, our host likes to test our patience everytime. LOL!

For corner entry/exit angles and driving lines, Try to follow the DARK PATH on the tarmac (which basically indicates where the cars optimal driving line are)
I Hope this helps...

This is after 5 laps I made this afternoon...
test tuning:
Ride Height lowered to -20/-20
Dampers/Springs to 8/8, 8/8
Toe +40/0
Camber .5/0

If you want to fully customize your ride, here are some quick notes:
SPRINGS:
Front(+)increases understeer (-)reduces understeer
Rear(+)increases overstee (-)reduces oversteer
RIDE HEIGHT:
Rear(+)increases oversteer (-)reduces oversteer
*Low Ride=Increase Downforce,improves cornering but reduces Top Speed in Straights
DAMPERS: soft adjustment to neutral
Rear(+)increases oversteer (-)reduces oversteer
CAMBER:
Front(+)increases understeer ; less Front ; mid Rear
Rear(+)reduces oversteer, but loss in straight line stability and braking
TOE:
Front(+)grip on Initial TURN IN (-)grip while cornering
Rear(+)Power Oversteer (-)Reduce Oversteer

* This is the reason why my settings for front TOE is +40 (just for testing)
* The track has lots of low speed corners
* The car won't turn due to understeer, so I need to increase Initial TURN IN effect

For two straight weeks, my life is really keeping me off from driving the cars better. Just had a very busy day today and tomorrow's already the deadline! And I haven't driven the '02 model that much yet! :crazy:

I don't know if I'm gonna make a submission for the first week of the new season, but I'll still do my best.

WTAC Week 90

Hi guys! Here's my submission for this week. Just making sure I don't miss the deadline. :)

Course: Opera Paris / Forward
Vehicle: Honda ACCORD Euro-R '02
Time: 1'39.622
Professional
S2 / S2
euro02.jpg

Course: Opera Paris / Forward
Vehicle: Honda ACCORD Euro-R '00
Time: 1'39.526
Professional
S2 / S2
euro00.jpg

Combined Time;
3'19.148

See you guys next week!!

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B5436D75F00.rar
    55.3 KB · Views: 37
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B5436D75F01.rar
    54.7 KB · Views: 38
For corner entry/exit angles and driving lines, Try to follow the DARK PATH on the tarmac (which basically indicates where the cars optimal driving line are)

I just use driving line :P xD

oh and important question:
Who drives in Manual gearbox ? I do. ;)

Who drives in Manual gearbox ? I do. ;)

I do.

But when I first joined the TAC in Season 1, I only drove automatic. I quickly learned that I could improve my times by switching to manual transmission. It was a little bit of an adjustment, but I'm happy that I changed.

2000 Honda Accord Euro-R: 1'37.629

9lgx15.jpg

2002 Honda Accord Euro-R: 1'37.374

15g4sz.jpg

combined time: 3'15.003

...we're going back to 'Cali...

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B5436D75F00.zip
    53.7 KB · Views: 37
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B5436D75F01.zip
    53.7 KB · Views: 37
i switched to manual just for fun cuz i bought pretty much every car and drove every track, so i hadn't much to do in game... now i'm happy too ;)

Back