GTP WTAC Week 91 : SA-X to SV-3 to MR-2

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 49 comments
GTP WTAC Week 91 : SA-X to SV-3 to MR-2

*** The Toyota MR-2 was a small, sporty mid-engine produced from 1986 until 2007. It stared as a early prototype in 1981 with the code name SA-X. In 1983, Toyota unveiled the further refined concept car, now known as the SV-3, to the public at the Tokyo Motor Show. The final product was called the MR-2 and was finally released worldwide in 1984. The first generation model, also known as the AW11 (which technically is it's chassis code), was praised around the world as one of the best cars in the mid-to-late 1980s. This first generation is represented by the 1986 Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited Super Charger. There were 270 cars produced in each color, so this is indeed a rare automobile. We also will be using a second generation model, the 1997 Toyota MR2 GT-S. This car's exterior styling resembled a mini-Ferrari and was frequently the recipient of various body-kits to further enhance this look. Even though it was heavier than the first-gen MR2, it's new engine had more power to compensate for the added mass. On a side note, Toyota produced one rally version of the first-generation MR2 that weighed 750 kilos and produced 750 HP - that's pretty impressive! This car, named the Toyota 222D, was intended to compete in the famed Group B rally races, but wasn't fully completed before WRC shut Group B down forever. ***

1. Track : Infineon Raceway (Sports Car Course)

picture.php

2. Cars : Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited Super Charger ’86 & Toyota MR2 GT-S ’97

2zgzolc.jpg
l
aauqdw.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S2 / S2
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday February 13th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday February 20th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday February 20th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

--------------------

8. Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l MVR08######l8
2nd #-l Antares26####7
3rd #l-l Detroitbb####)6
4th #l-l anastasis14##lll5
5th #l-l red ice#####llll4
6th #l-l zipiol#######.3

----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
lol this first MR2 was in Wheeler Dealers on Discovery Channel lately xD
nice car ;) i'll try this one with pleasure ;D

EDIT:
Wait ! i have MR2 1600 G - is it the same?
or super charger is different model ?

I found this track very fun to race on ;)

too bad that lights wont open while race... ;/
i love cars with openable lights ;d

This is my run with the MR2 '86.

Hope you guys can see the racing lines, braking points, etc. and learn something and/or give me some advice.

👍

This is my run with the MR2 '86.

that impossible, it looks like with better tires for sure...
U can't go with this speed in 3a corner, and u can't go foot down in 8 to 8a corner... S2 tires are just to slippery... ;/

yes I do.

my gts time is 1'53.xxx ;d

👍

Here's my current setup for the 1986 MR-2 1600 G-Limited SC

{1'56.3xx}--(front/rear)

Ride Height: -15 / -15

Spring Rate: 6 / 6

Damper: 4 / 4

Toe: 0 / +25

Camber Angle: 2.0 / 1.0

And here's my my current setup for the 1997 MR-2 GT-S

{1'50.6xx}--(front/rear)

Ride Height: -12 / -12

Spring Rate: 7 / 7

Damper: 5 / 5

Toe: 0 / +20

Camber Angle: 2.0 / 1.0

My setups aren't very evolved - they're pretty close to the first time I set up the quick tune options. They may, or may not, help you. Now I just need someone to help me tune! I still haven't figured it out after two years of racing with GT PSP!

why would u put +20 toe at rear ? ur looks from above like this:

front
| |
\ /
rear

u should try this:
/ \
| | for speed, and this:

\ /
| | for cornering...

rear should be 0 unless u try to drift. ur setup is for drift ;)
and better aerodynamics u get with -20 / -15 -> front should be slightly lower ;)

why would u put +20 toe at rear ? ur looks from above like this:

front
| |
\ /
rear

u should try this:
/ \
| | for speed, and this:

\ /
| | for cornering...

rear should be 0 unless u try to drift. ur setup is for drift ;)
and better aerodynamics u get with -20 / -15 -> front should be slightly lower ;)

I almost always zero out the rear toe before trying my first laps. But these car's handling are pretty loose already, so applying positive rear toe gives me a bit more 'tightness' while turning - adding to the stability (for me, anyways). I never had good results when changing the front toe setting (except for the PD formula one car).

I really wish PD a more comprehensive tuning guide tips in the game! I'm so confused!

that impossible, it looks like with better tires for sure...
U can't go with this speed in 3a corner, and u can't go foot down in 8 to 8a corner... S2 tires are just to slippery... ;/

That's what I say to myself when I'm testing a car that I have not drived before. The key with slow cars on tracks like this is to keep the momentum through the corners and the hills, avoid sliding because it will slow you down and will cost you a lot more time then a more powerful car.

I remember a telemetry feature of GT2 that let you see how you were using the Dpad. If that were present in GTPSP you could see that I'm mostly doing {right,left.right,left,tap,tap,tap,etc} Through corners (even if it doesn't look like) just to keep the car pointing to the right place and maximise my speed through the corners. I'm doing the same with the accelerator, it's a choreography act that looks very hard when you think about it but its just natural when you're doing it, its about the technic really and the only way to get better at it is repetition.:)

I drive the same way... its the only way to play this game... I think...
but still no such good results as you all here...

Back