GTP WTAC Week 93 : Lotus Esprit (Part II)

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 65 comments
Just confirming, I will not be participating in this week's challenge. :(

The reason? Earlier today, my friend who borrowed my psp asked me if I could let him return it on Monday, I allowed him just that, since it's actually been a few years since I lent him my psp.

Anyways, I'll still be around to see how this challenge turns out, so I really won't miss out on the fun. 👍

YES! my chance to earn some points ! muahahahaha ! :dunce: :mischievous:

no just kidding ;)

I'm actually excited to see how close the competition's gonna be this week. With Shigegaki back in the mix, the podium's gonna be a tough battle.

zipiol
YES! my chance to earn some points ! muahahahaha !
With how you're progressing, that won't be really hard. 👍

Hey guys, I thought today session I will go through with some music,
so I went to the settings page turn race music to 100 and... nothing happend ;o ;/
no music in race, or time trial... only on the menu... how to turn it back ?
I tried to change custom soundtrack folder, or custom bgm 100/off with no result... :(
And I'm talking about default in-game music...

:drool:Thanks for sharing PSV infos Shigegaki! That improved Steering Stick is really tempting me.
Hmmm...(thinking, if I should buy a Vita).

BTW, is there a PSV application where you can integrate GTPSP's ADHOC multiplayer to infrastructure mode? Or do you still need the ADHOC party application in the PS3 in order to be connected globally?

No problem, although you'll be bummed to hear that I don't even use it. I have big hands, so I find it to be kind of annoying actually. I haven't tried to link my controller yet though like I did with the GO. As for the ADHOC application, I haven't had time to even browse through the application store. I will check it out in a bit and get back with you.

I'm actually excited to see how close the competition's gonna be this week. With Shigegaki back in the mix, the podium's gonna be a tough battle.

With how you're progressing, that won't be really hard. 👍

I am sad to hear you won't be in this week's mix. Your times were pretty impressive. Hopefully next week we'll get to do battle 👍

Hey guys, I thought today session I will go through with some music,
so I went to the settings page turn race music to 100 and... nothing happend ;o ;/
no music in race, or time trial... only on the menu... how to turn it back ?
I tried to change custom soundtrack folder, or custom bgm 100/off with no result... :(
And I'm talking about default in-game music...

EDIT:
I just figured this out - i had to set to disabled ;p

OMG I just thought my 'career' in WTAC is over! ;o

I disassembled my analog to very last piece of plastic
(just to clean it, cuz it suddenly enabled steer left -,- and I thought that might help)

And then I couldn't get it back together, because this spring which is around the stick....
Its so ****ing hard.... In 1-10 scale when 1 is easy and 10 is impossible, this was 9!
A Friggin 9 !!! ;O
To be more stupid and pointless it apeared to be quite clean in there... -,-

Fortunately my GF was around and she helped me with 2 little screwdrivers...
OMG that was tough... uff ;) so now I can try the other Esprit ;)

(just to clean it, cuz it suddenly enabled steer left -,- and I thought that might help)

And then I couldn't get it back together, because this spring which is around the stick....
Its so ****ing hard.... In 1-10 scale when 1 is easy and 10 is impossible, this was 9!
A Friggin 9 !!! ;O

Is that a PSP-1000 analog nub?

A Friggin 9 !!! ;O

:lol: That happened to me too! It wasn't even my PSP:scared::nervous:
I didn't knew how to tell the poor guy the bad news:guilty:
But I found out how to put it together moments before he arrived:idea::D
I told him that I disassembled it all and he ask me.. Was it hard to put it all back together? :cool: Na! 'I told you I'm the master of this things':sly:

..But I won't do that again.:ill:

:lol:

:lol: That happened to me too! It wasn't even my PSP:scared::nervous:
I didn't knew how to tell the poor guy the bad news:guilty:
But I found out how to put it together moments before he arrived:idea::D
I told him that I disassembled it all and he ask me.. Was it hard to put it all back together? :cool: Na! 'I told you I'm the master of this things':sly:

..But I won't do that again.:ill:

:lol:

There was this one time when I liked to do that as well, after I watched my PSP disassembled for swapping out the analog stick many times, I actually had the guts to just buy an analog nub otw home and replace the old one myself when the old nubs conjured up a will of its own. :P

At one time I tried to do it again (that was probably my 8th analog nub for my old PSP-2000) I ended up loosening a wire that was connected to the LCD backlight so when it came to, the screen was all dark. I tried to find the problem and when I did, I found out I had actually snapped the wire locks and it wouldn't stay put when I slide the wire into the backlight adaptor.
That was basically what ended the life of my first PSP, since the LCD was beyond repair and for the problem to be fixed, I had to buy a new LCD screen unit, which, at the time was a third of the price of a new PSP. :banghead:

I swore to myself that I wouldn't ever, ever attempt to even unscrew the bolts on the back of my new PSP. :scared:

...V8 quick snaps...
tokyor2465r.jpg

tokyor246o.jpg

tokyor2461d.jpg

tokyor2463z.jpg

tokyor2462u.jpg

specialstageroute53z.jpg

specialstageroute52.jpg

... 350 sport demo by 3dparks...

... and 350 sport with Jay Kay...

Last edited:
I was gonna make some shots of the Spirit Esprit V8 but red ice beat me to it. Great job there!!👍

I ran some laps last night with the Esprit Spirit v8 and got a time of 1'53.4xx.

PD: I'm absolutly loving how this car drives on this track, (and there aren't lot of cars that I like to drive there) I think I'm feeling the Lotus Spirit;):dopey::lol:

Btw, My car is painted 'Lightning' Yellow:sly:

Last edited:
Hi everybody ;) !!!

Glad to see you guys still enjoying tough competition and having fun in great WTAC 👍 !!!

I have to say, since I have PS3+GT5, I completely left my PSP in my drawer ! And since I have a baby girl, I barely play and when I do, I play games with sound off -to be able to hear my baby calling- so I only play games where the sound isn't crucial ! I mostly play Killzone3 because it is quick, 10-15 minutes a game/round, I can leave it for 2-3 minutes to check on the baby or change the diaper and then come back in the game, and you don't need to hear to kill -not being killed is another story though ;)-.

When I play GT5 (impossible with sounds off), I love it because of the beauty of it, the cars, being online, but I have to say the online is too wide and a little bit boring because you usually end up running almost always the same cars and it is not as fun as it was at the beginning and way less fun than WTAC !

So, I just wanted to say hi, I haven't forgotten about you guys ! I saw MVR08 and red ice online sometimes but unfortunately you guys were playing GT5 or other games that I couldn't join !

Detroitbb, still doing an excellent job, as always 👍.

Have fun in WTAC guys, Detroitbb's WTAC ROCKS !!!

:cheers:

PS : almost 2000 posts Dbb ;) !

Nice times everyone, this is turning out to be a great challenge week! 👍

Though my absence will be definite in this week's submissions, I've decided to wait until the Affair of Honor becomes available for this challenge so I can still submit a time. This challenge line-up is too interesting to let go.

Lotus Esprit V8 ’02: 1'55.250

15dxqfo.jpg

Lotus Esprit Sport 350 ’00: 1'52.493

10hrbtg.jpg

combined time: 3'47.743

:)

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B5C4C909600.zip
    54.4 KB · Views: 36
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B5C4C909601.zip
    54.5 KB · Views: 36
WTAC Week 93

My times this week. Almost forgot!

Course: Tokyo Route 246 / Forward
Vehicle: Lotus Esprit V8 '02
Time: 1'53.848
Professional
S3 / S3
81681434.jpg

Course: Tokyo Route 246 / Forward
Vehicle: Lotus Esprit Sport 350 '00
Time: 1'51.346
Professional
S3 / S3
350iy.jpg

Combined Time;
3'45.194

Hope to see everyone next week! :)

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B5C4C909603.rar
    53.2 KB · Views: 35
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B5C4C909601.rar
    53 KB · Views: 35
Good to see you aroud here easy!:)

Lotus Esprit V8 '02: 1'51.801
screen2mp.png

Lotus Esprit Sport 350 '00: 1'49.946
screen1un.png

TOTAL: 3'40.747

👍

Attachments

• Replays.rar
    105.6 KB · Views: 40
Hi everybody ;) !!!

Glad to see you guys still enjoying tough competition and having fun in great WTAC 👍 !!!
Good to see you again, easy. It's alway said that a baby is much more than a boy.:dopey:

I got a 1'58.8xx record at first without tuning. After maximize the spring and bumper I made it to 1'57.xxx. It's weird for me that a tuning leads a big improvement. And considering what a wide gap between your guy's records, which is also weird, I wonder if there is some special point to run fast on this track with Espirits?

Submit my time:

Vehicle: Lotus Esprit V8 '02
Time: 1'57.314

pic_0001.jpg

Vehicle: Lotus Esprit Sport 350 '00
Time: 1'57.207

pic_0000.jpg

Combined time: 3'54.521.

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B1EE068E708.zip
    53.2 KB · Views: 37
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B1EE068E704.zip
    53.1 KB · Views: 36
my advice. study mvr's laps. total control of the car is the key to the challenges we have here. the next thing will be track knowledge and finally, skill. tuning knowledge is a bonus.
By control, i mean, how you make the car as an extension of your utmost desire to drive faster and faster. how you tap.tap.tap steer and gas as you exit corners as cleanly as possible. how to make the car respond to braking, as you want it to be. it takes practice and discipline to pull this off , because gran turismo physics will punish you if you take these for granted.
as you may notice week after week, mvr pulls away ahead of the pack because his desire and skill to pull it off is greater. this is what makes legendary drivers in real life stand out. senna,schumi,loeb,
the difference though is that real life drivers use different cars against each other. it greatly affects results like how schumi can't win in a mercedes f1.
In GTPSP, however, we are using the same cars. It is a testament of how mvr's skills are top of the class. From day 1, since he joined, he has clearly showed his dominance. I'm just proud racing against him.

So again, If you want to be better, study his laps. Tokyo route is a high speed track, more opportunities to establish cumulative acceleration out of corners. If you hesitate to step on the gas you are losing seconds on each turn. Tokyo is wide and fast, braking too much is a no-no here.

As always, since 2011, mvr is the "guy to beat" in wtac. You can quote me on that.

OMG... I was already so happy that i have a chance to not be last in this week (thanks to vaughan :P)
But its impossible to beat 1'57.xxx ... :/

I will try to beat this time for the next hour - this is my last chance,
so I might be little late to post my result...

my advice. study mvr's laps. total control of the car is the key to the challenges we have here. the next thing will be track knowledge and finally, skill. tuning knowledge is a bonus.

I found myself chasing after MVR starting from my first week here, and in the times I've been on the edge of eclipsing his times, I always felt my work was done. To be a runner-up to a driver with skills like his is a pleasure as it is an honor. 👍

I personally agree with red ice here, by studying MVR's laps, you'll get a good understanding of line choices, how those things can shave or pile a second to your time.

And just did 1'54.xxx in 350 ;o
i had springs in 9 and dampers in 7 -,-
just set dampers to 8 and BOOM shaved 3 seconds ;o ;p

Lotus Esprit V8 '02: 1'56.335
scaled.php

Lotus Esprit Sport 350 '00: 1'54.863
scaled.php

TOTAL: 3'51.198

:dopey:

Hey guys, what about Shigegaki and his Vita ?

Attachments

• Ghosts.rar
    59 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Back