GTP WTAC Week 95 : MVR's Choice

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 37 comments
GTP WTAC Week 95 : MVR's Choice

*** Here in Week 95, we are going to use MVR's choice in cars - one Alfa Romeo and one Opel. Both are super-fun automobiles to drive and we'll find out just how much fun very soon! ***

1. Track : Laguna Seca

picture.php

2. Cars : Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI ’93 & Opel Calibra Touring Car ’94

e96cmr.jpg
l
wtahja.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: R1 / R1
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday March 12th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday March 19th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday March 19th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

--------------------

8. Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l MVR08######l40
2nd #-l Detroitbb####)30
3rd #l-l Antares26####28
4th #l-l zipiol#######.16#
small_up_arrow.gif

6th #l-l red ice#####llll15#
small_down_arrow.gif
#(tied for 6th)
6th #l-l vaughan####7l15#
small_up_arrow.gif
#(tied for 6th)
8th #l-l anastasis14##lll10###(tied for 8th)
8th #l-l nascarlemans#.l10###(tied for 8th)

----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
so... it seems Detroitbb can read my mind because that was the track I was thinking for to use for this combo. Actually I tested the cars there in a 5-laps race, and my fastest lap was around 1'27. low for both cars.

They're hard to drive cuz they force fast speed and that's not good for all corners... :P
still I managed to shave 5 seconds from my initial 1'36.xxx lap time ;)
👍

thanks Detroitbb ;)
Dunno how I will end this week or future ones... :scared:
cuz I just started Mass Effect series... :dopey:

but I will do my best ;)

thanks Detroitbb ;)
Dunno how I will end this week or future ones... :scared:
cuz I just started Mass Effect series... :dopey:

but I will do my best ;)

What's great about these challenges is that you don't really need to put in every single day of the week to make a good submission. Once you get the feel of the game, you'll find that you can make a good time in just a day or two 👍

First times (literally first laps and stock settings :D )
Alfa 155 ~ 1'31.242
Opel Calibra ~ 1'31.499

These two cars were the rivaling monsters during their tenure in the DTM, very evident in their near equal performance. Quite possibly the best touring cars in the world, these two. 👍

Newer times [-5/-5 Height][32/56 Downforce][0.0/0.0 Toe][Everything else default]
Alfa 155 ~ 1'29.599
Opel Calibra ~ 1'29.993

I have to say, the Alfa feels sharper through the corners than the Opel. Both cars have great overall balance though, not much wheelspin produced from the modest 400hp engines.

I love DTM cars !!!

I ran the Alpha, L-F tuning, 1'29.734 after 8 laps. Unfortunately, as I'm too busy at work and at home, I won't be part of the challenge... If by any chance I manage to find some time, I might be able to post something.. but no promises ! And don't worry, I won't interfere in your on-going competition, my times would be there only for fun ;) !

BTW, about the calibra, make sure you use the OPEL one, not the VAUXHALL one (which as more power than the OPEL...). But I'm sure you guys already paid attention to it, you're WTACers !!!

Current times
Alfa 155 ~ 1'29.1xx
Opel Calibra ~ 1'29.1xx

Finally, a sub 1'29 time! Just a few more tweaks on the Calibra, that car's not really cooperating with my tuning :ouch:

I had a 20 minutes spot, I ran the Alpha -LUV that car !-, L-F tuning, best clean lap was 1'28.644 (best times were 2 high 1'27 but I pushed the car too far...).

Congrats on the 1'26 MRV 👍 ! I knew you would have a low 1'27 but didn't expect a mid 1'26 !

I haven't run the calibra yet, busy weekend ahead so...

:cheers:

I haven't run the calibra yet, busy weekend ahead so...

...I want to see your submission in time. NO excuses.;):)

Well it's official now, I'd be getting a DFGT wheel at the end of the month as part of my birthday's present. I just hope it comes in one piece from the States cause I have bad luck with such things.:nervous:

I don't know what to expect but from what I have heard you'll need to learn to drive all over again, which seems like exciting and fun times are ahead, more so because I'll be able to play my pc sims properly I hope.:)

I need to upgrade my pc and buy a new graphics card because the one I had is long gone. I still can play GTR2 without a graphics card but frame rates aren't good and graphics.. it's pretty sad really.:indiff:

alfa 155: 1'31.133
scaled.php

opel calibra: 1'31.051
scaled.php

Dziękuję, dobranoc. ;p

Attachments

• Ghosts.rar
    58.3 KB · Views: 37
Well it's official now, I'd be getting a DFGT wheel at the end of the month as part of my birthday's present.

I still can play GTR2

I use my old Logitech Driving Force Pro (very, very similar to the Driving Force GT) with GTR2, which is a great game even after all these years. You'll enjoy it very much, MVR!

Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI ’93: 1'28.172

2s9zp80.jpg

Opel Calibra Touring Car ’94: 1'28.456

nnvfnp.jpg

combined time: 2'56.628

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BCBA0CF9A00.zip
    54 KB · Views: 37
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BCBA0CF9A01.zip
    54.2 KB · Views: 37
Driving DTM classics such as these two cars was a blast! These two cars were literally driving me to the edge, I really needed to adjust to the track since the distinction between these two cars became clearer as I did more laps.

The Alfa was the faster one, no doubt. But even though the Opel felt sluggish, I felt it was more stable than the Alfa, and that pushing it too much would easily break that stability.

Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93 ~ 1'26.745
snap001.jpg

Opel Calibra Touring Car '94 ~ 1'27.535
snap000.jpg

Overall Combined Time: 2'54.280
Great experience, these cars 👍

Attachments

• Ghost95_Antares.rar
    108.6 KB · Views: 38
Driving DTM classics such as these two cars was a blast! These two cars were literally driving me to the edge, I really needed to adjust to the track since the distinction between these two cars became clearer as I did more laps.

The Alfa was the faster one, no doubt. But even though the Opel felt sluggish, I felt it was more stable than the Alfa, and that pushing it too much would easily break that stability.

Yeah, that sums up my experience with these cars too.👍

Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93: 1'26.643
screen2eb.png

Opel Calibra Touring Car '94: 1'26.867
screen1qc.png

Total: 2'53.510

👍

Attachments

• Replays.rar
    105.7 KB · Views: 37
Back