GTP WTAC Week 96 : zipiol's Choice

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 33 comments
GTP WTAC Week 96 : zipiol's Choice

*** For Week 96's challenge, zipiol chose for us two great Japanese sports coupes - one of which I've been meaning to pick for the WTAC (the Skyline 350GT/Infinity G35) and the other is one of my favorite cars in the game - the Silvia Spec-R Aero. I'm looking forward to this challenge! ***

1. Track : Cote d'Azur

picture.php

2. Cars : Nissan SKYLINE Coupe 350GT '03 & Nissan SILVIA Spec-R AERO '99

e9ggo8.jpg
l
omegao.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S3 / S3
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday March 19th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday March 26th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday March 26th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

--------------------

Last edited:
OMG You were really mean it when You said nice choice :D
Silvia is mine fav car too :D
(but i would prefer spec-S wheels, I pick spec-R cuz it have more power:D)
And I just like how Skyline looks ;)
Why would You pick skyline? ;>

Why would You pick skyline? ;>

My fiancee's father had an Infinity G35 coupe, so I always thought about using that car for a challenge.

But he got rid of that car late last year (he only leases cars instead of buying them), so I'll never be able to drive it in real life.

👎

lol

I think any car that goes beyond 250HP needs to have S3 tires for sufficient grip. I tried using S2's on a JZA80 RZ and the car felt oversensitive, though the S3 grip for it was a bit too much in some instances.

Better to have controllable tires than having a drive that feels like threading a needle. ;)

Initial times (Rear Toe 0)
Silvia spec-R Aero ~ 1'56.188
G35 Coupe ~ 1'55.056

Not surprising, since the G35 has a more powerful, yet NA engine. The Silvia on the other hand, has this turbo that generates a lot of unnecessary wheelspin at low gears.

My final times would probably have the same ratio as this, with the Infiniti running faster than the Nissan. 👍

First set of times:

1:55.597 for the Silvia

1:54.782 for the Skyline

I find the Silvia easier to drive. When you have got a thin city track like Cote' d Azur, the Skyline just seems rather big and bulky. Wouldn't be my first choice of Skyline for this particular track:yuck:

OMG how on earth can U guys have those times ?! O.o

my initial is 2'03.xxx and with couple sparks... ;/

I was watching Vettel's pole lap of last year and gave it a try with the F2007 on R1 tires to see if I could make a lap comparable to His, I think He made a 1'12.xxx lap and after some laps I made a 1'13.xxx lap. It's possible brake Vettel's mark with a perfect lap cause the F2007 seems to have more grip than Vettel's 2012 car.

When you are starting a time attack session, the AI drives the car into tha barrier on the second to last corner, thats the first time I see that happen.

I've been wanting to ask about something lately...how many seasons has the WTAC done already, including this new one we'll begin?

It's been going on for so long that even you've lost track, huh? I think I'll just have to trace everything from square one :)

Yes and no.

Yes, it has been going on for a long time... but, no, I never kept track of the number of racing sessions.

We initially had real 'seasons' under Shigegaki's leadership (he first founded the TAC). We'd use one car for three days and submit our times. He hosted three and a half seasons (we had one short mini-season) using that format. Seasons were typically a month in length.

Then our top racer, Glubags, took over after Shigegaki stepped down and tweaked the TAC to be two cars over the course of six days (Monday - Saturday... with Sunday being the day he would calculate the times and final standings for that week). This is where our 'car combos' and a week-long event first originated.

After Glubags stepped down to focus work on his real-life car project (stuffing a 2006 Corvette LS2 V8 engine into his 2001 Honda S2000 to produce 700-750 HP!), easyasashii took over and changed the TAC seasons into a weekly format - this is the WTAC that we compete in today. He made most all of the current changes that we see today, including the 48 point threshold for each 'racing session'. He had to step aside when he moved from China back to his birthplace, France (with his new wife). He asked me to take over for him until he got settled... but real life changed his initial plans. He had to help his new wife try to learn a new language, he had to try and find a job, and then they found out that they were going to be first-time parents! Needless to say, he wouldn't be able to return to take over the reigns of the WTAC... so I stayed on as the host.

Week 12 was the first week that I completely took over and now we're about to start Week 97 tomorrow. It's been a long and crazy road and I'm happy that you all are here to enjoy the fruits of all the past host's labor!

Nissan SKYLINE Coupe 350GT '03: 1'52.738

986nfd.jpg

Nissan SILVIA Spec-R AERO '99: 1'52.860

vhdt08.jpg

combined time: 3'45.598

:)

We'll be racing at Japan's famed Fuji Speedway (2005 track layout) for Week 97 - please join us!

Also, I'll have the next challenge (Week 98) posted as soon as a get clarification on a certain car model. I should have that posted by tomorrow.

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B7927CF4A00.zip
    54.7 KB · Views: 39
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B7927CF4A01.zip
    54.8 KB · Views: 38
Vehicle: Nissan SKYLINE Coupe 350GT '03
Time: 1'57.986

2mynsb8.jpg

Vehicle: Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) '99
Time: 2'01.151

2rrtbg6.jpg

Combined time: 3'59.137
In case I don't have time to post better records.

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B7927CF4A04.zip
    53.2 KB · Views: 37
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B7927CF4A06.zip
    53.2 KB · Views: 37
OMG guys, I had no time this week... at all :/
Could I post my literally first tries tomorrow after work which will be around 6-7pm ? :/
PLEASE!!! My own cars ... -,- I beg u !

Monaco is probably the most challenging track I've ever driven on, more so than the Nurburgring. There literally is no room for error here, and I spent the first few days just trying to get under 1'53, which is difficult for both cars. The Silvia being prone to wheelspin because of the fat torque, and the 350GT prone to kissing the walls because of its size.

Still, having to drive on one of motorsport's Triple Crown racetracks is a fun experience. 👍

Nissan Silvia Spec-R AERO '99 ~ 1'51.799
Week96-SilviaSpec-RAERO.jpg

Nissan Skyline Coupe 350GT '03 ~ 1'50.977
Week96-350GTCoupe.jpg

Overall Combined Time: 3'42.776
Really challenging car/track combo, this one. 👍

Attachments

• Ghost96_Antares.rar
    110.4 KB · Views: 38
My fiancee's father had an Infinity G35 coupe, so I always thought about using that car for a challenge.

You know, I nearly got a wrong model for this week because of that post. All week long I was driving an Infiniti G35 and not the Skyline. It was only when I checked in to see other people's times that I noticed that the challenge description said "Nissan Skyline Coupe 350GT" that I realized it :ouch:

You can see that even until two days ago, I ran with the G35.
snap004.jpg

Haha, careless me. :P

Here's my photos:
DSCF2041-1.jpg

DSCF2042-1.jpg

Problem is, I forgot to save the replays!

I know they are very late, but I have been really busy and haven't had the time. Please accept them PLEASE. I beg you

Last edited:
zipiol and petrolhead1 - I will accept a late submission from the both of you for this challenge. Please post them up tonight and I'll calculate everyone's times tomorrow morning.

Antares26 - your submission will be acceptable because both cars are identical except for the name of the car and which side the steering wheel is located on!

Nissan SKYLINE Coupe 350GT '03: 1'59.864

scaled.php

Vehicle: Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) '99: 1'58.021

scaled.php

Attachments

• Ghosts.rar
    63.9 KB · Views: 41
Antares26 - your submission will be acceptable because both cars are identical except for the name of the car and which side the steering wheel is located on!

My submissions actually used the 350GT, running last minute laps I managed to do a good lap with it. 👍

Yes and no.

Yes, it has been going on for a long time... but, no, I never kept track of the number of racing sessions.

We initially had real 'seasons' under Shigegaki's leadership (he first founded the TAC). We'd use one car for three days and submit our times. He hosted three and a half seasons (we had one short mini-season) using that format. Seasons were typically a month in length.

Then our top racer, Glubags, took over after Shigegaki stepped down and tweaked the TAC to be two cars over the course of six days (Monday - Saturday... with Sunday being the day he would calculate the times and final standings for that week). This is where our 'car combos' and a week-long event first originated.

After Glubags stepped down to focus work on his real-life car project (stuffing a 2006 Corvette LS2 V8 engine into his 2001 Honda S2000 to produce 700-750 HP!), easyasashii took over and changed the TAC seasons into a weekly format - this is the WTAC that we compete in today. He made most all of the current changes that we see today, including the 48 point threshold for each 'racing session'. He had to step aside when he moved from China back to his birthplace, France (with his new wife). He asked me to take over for him until he got settled... but real life changed his initial plans. He had to help his new wife try to learn a new language, he had to try and find a job, and then they found out that they were going to be first-time parents! Needless to say, he wouldn't be able to return to take over the reigns of the WTAC... so I stayed on as the host.

Week 12 was the first week that I completely took over and now we're about to start Week 97 tomorrow. It's been a long and crazy road and I'm happy that you all are here to enjoy the fruits of all the past host's labor!

Thanks for the reminder 👍

That's what is cool here : you'll always find someone great to keep on doing a good job and perfecting it ! A lot of things happened from 1st TAC to WTAC, and thanks to the support of this little, but great ;), community here we were able to acheive great things :
- we have a sub-forum to feel good in
- rules to follow and be sure to compete in fun and fair challenges
- the rules + car lists to help people host their own TAC
- a website for us (that I hoped someone would keep on updating it but unfortunately...)
- stats
- tuning + driving advices
- and so many other things !!!

Each one of us stepped in and did something for the WTAC community and I'm really happy -and a little bit ashamed not to be in anymore- to see WTAC is still on !

I often catch a glimpse of what you guys doing ;)

Have fun guys !

:cheers:

Back