GTP WTAC Week 97 : Antares26's Choice

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 46 comments
GTP WTAC Week 97 : Antares26's Choice

*** Back in the day, when someone mentions "Japanese Compact Sportcars", one instantly thinks of the Toyota MR-S, Mazda MX-5, and the Honda S2000. The MRS is still highly regarded as the pioneer in Japanese Midships, with the car's aggressive looks with the compact Inline-4 engine providing more than 150hp. Based on the Tommy Kaira ZZ, the Garaiya, is quite on the opposite pole in terms of popularity, but nonetheless, Autobacs' creation of a compact sportscar is an astounding machine. Using a Nissan engine outputting 180hp, it's performance rivals that of its generation. In the GT300 class of the JGTC series, Autobacs Racing Team Aguri (ARTA) created a championship winning car from both these models, it'll be interesting to see what kind of distinctive performance these cars have that earned them the highest glory of Japanese Touring Car racing. ***

*Thanks to Antares26 for writing the challenge description for us!

1. Track : Fuji Speedway 2005

picture.php

2. Cars : Toyota SUPERAUTOBACS Apex MR-S '00 (JGTC) & ASL ARTA Garaiya (JGTC) '03

357odoo.jpg
l
347cjtg.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: R1 / R1
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday March 26th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday April 2nd 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday April 2nd 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

--------------------

8. Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l Antares26####8
2nd #-l Detroitbb####)7
3rd #l-l zipiol#######.6
4th #l-l vaughan#####5

----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Umm...correction in the car selection, ASL ARTA Garaiya (JGTC) '03

homer-doh.jpg

I forgot to change the name!

I always do a 'copy-and-paste' from the previous challenge thread and occasionally forget to change some data. Typically, I forget to change the submission deadline or tire choices. In fact, I do believe that this is the first time I forgot to change the car!

ha ha ha

homer-doh.jpg

I forgot to change the name!

I always do a 'copy-and-paste' from the previous challenge thread and occasionally forget to change some data. Typically, I forget to change the submission deadline or tire choices. In fact, I do believe that this is the first time I forgot to change the car!

ha ha ha

Well, it's understandable, seeing as you had to create two threads for the future challenges, it's easy to forget about changing cars when all others remain as is for every week. :D

It's a sign that you really are referring to the message you intend to refer to. Why waste a good feature when it's always there to be used?

cuz its obvious if ur writing under a post - ur obviously replaying to it - u don't need to quote... only if couple posts before.. :P

Sometimes, you're gonna introduce a new statement that is totally unrelated to a previous post. That's why we quote people when we have the intention of replying. Not everything you write is a reply above you.

I had a feeling you would choose Fuji as the racetrack, seeing as these are about JGTC machines. You have a way of reading our minds, Dbb. :P

First times (0.00 rear toe)
ARTA Garaiya ~ 1'47.054
Autobacs MR-S ~ 1'47.739

When I thought about these two cars for the competitor's picks, I never really thought about how comparable their performances were. All that was on my mind was that these two cars created by ARTA each won their own GT300 championships for a reason. I guess the fact that the ASL was a more advanced machine than the MR-S explains the results.

ARTA's R&D team really knew what they were doing with these two cars. The only other GT300 machines that can prove to be a challenge to these two machines would be the RE Amemiya RX7 and the Wedsport Celica. 👍

Hmmm... these cars have been used before if I remember it right.
MR-S @ Twin Motegi--My old psp's dpad epic failure resulted in a crash course in analog steering.
ZZ @ Monaco--I wasn't able to race the ZZ way back so I'm gonna give it a shot this week.

I consider my participation in this event :) Nice car / track selection :)

👍👍 welcome back!

ASL is soooo damn slooooow -,-
even old renault 5 and porshe yellow bird overtook me by miles... -,-

I agree with you, I thought the ASL were faster than she is ! I had fun with the Toyota SUPERAUTOBACS Apex MR-S '00 (JGTC) : 1'46.114 (2 sec slower with the ASL). I think you guys will have at least a low 1'45 / high 1'44. Still early in the week !

have fun guys !

:cheers:

ASL is soooo damn slooooow -,-
even old renault 5 and porshe yellow bird overtook me by miles... -,-

You know why? The ASL is a GT300 car, limited to only 300hp. Yellow Bird and Renault 5 have much much more than that.

I just wanted to see what times I could make with the combination given by this thread. And as I was not sure if I just did not find this Fuji Speedway 2005 course or if it is Fuji Speedway M, I simply decided to ask. Nothing more. ;)

Update! Here are my newer lap times.
1'45.4xx ~ Autobacs MR-S
1'45.5xx ~ ARTA Garaiya

I think my final times are gonna be on the low 45's, since I'm not sure I can make a time at the high 44's.

Back