Not open for further replies.

Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
After more than a decade on our old forums, GTPlanet is now running on an entirely new discussion platform. As with any major software update, there will be many bugs, glitches, and other things that aren’t working right.

Please use this thread to document anything you find which you believe may be broken or out of place. As I confirm these issues, I will include them in this post and strike things as I fix them. To help keep this thread easy to read, I will only comment if I need further clarification about your problem.

When reporting a problem, please mention the type of device (Android, iPhone, iPad, etc.), the operating system (Mac OS X or Windows 7, Windows 8, etc.), and browser you are using. If you don’t know how to find this information, simply visit this page and report the relevant information displayed there.

Thank you for your help! :cheers:

Confirmed Issues
  • Your avatar may appear pixelated. To resolve this, upload a new avatar here.
  • Thread “prefixes” from the old forum software did not survive the transition to this new platform. Prefixes will be replaced on most active threads in the coming days.
  • On Search pages, an additional “/” is displayed in the breadcrumb bar.
  • Smilies are currently disabled; they will return shortly.
  • Status updates from ignored users still appear in the sidebar.
  • Random crashes when using the Google Search app on iOS.
  • When typing longer messages on iOS, the cursor goes out of view "behind" the keyboard.
  • Some avatar file formats are not accepted, despite falling under file size standards.
  • Users cannot view their own warnings and infraction points.
  • Anchor tags do not work.
  • Premium users see advertisements on News blog pages.
  • Pop-up member cards always show 0 followers.
  • GTPedia page rendering is broken at smaller screen sizes.
  • Spoiler tags do not work.
  • Slow text input on older mobile devices.
  • Page navigation links can be difficult to read with vision problems.
  • User badges overlap header pop-up menu on smaller screens.
  • Bottom of text is cut off in some situations (quote boxes, last line of posts on iOS).
  • Forum descriptions (Infield, Motorsports, etc.) need to be updated with new links.
  • Text randomly becomes small while typing in the post editor (Chrome/Mac).
  • PSN names are not shown with user info in posts.
  • First-post summaries on the forum listing page do not appear.
  • You can leave profile messages or send conversation messages to banned users.
  • Figure out what happened to the first post in the MLP thread.
  • Links in threads should open in a new window.
  • Fix the "Watched Threads" link on the forum home page.
  • Alt+S shortcut shortcut key does not work on Windows.
  • Add thread views data back into the template on forum views.
  • Offer larger member list.
  • Check boxes next to conversation titles do not work (a menu should appear).
  • Text color in the avatar upload menu is difficult to read.
  • Show signatures on the mobile version of the site.
  • User status does not revert back to registered member after Premium membership expires.
  • Country name does not appear when hovering over the flag under usernames.
Have a question?

Please only use this thread to report problems with the site. If you have any questions about the new site or how to use any of the new features available to you, please create a new thread in the Site Support forum and myself or another forum user will help you as soon as we are able.

Last edited:
Liking this a lot so far. My only bug I've seen is that threads I read in the past (and are dead or locked) are new showing as unread. (Viewing from my Kindle Fire)

Last edited:
I'm unable to upload a new avatar. Every image I choose for my new avatar shows up as my old one.

Never mind, got it to work now. :)

Last edited:
Not sure if intentional, but is this information supposed to be displayed to users at the bottom of each page?

t4zg.png

And file uploads don't work on a desktop PC either (just tried with the image I linked above).

Definitely going to take some time to get used to. So far though, I like it. Especially the larger avatars.

I deleted my Kevin bird avatar and tried to replace it with the same .gif file I used previously. It doesn't upload it, and comes up with this message:

"The following error occurred:
The contents of the uploaded image do not match the file's extension."

I love the new site though. Really awesome work Jordan. 👍

Edit: No emoticons? D: ↑
As Jordan mentioned in his post, they're disabled for the time being.

Not a bug, but a minor usability gripe that was also present when 11 launched - clicking the name of someone with the latest post in a thread in a forum listing takes you to their profile and not the post itself; the unread icon to the left of the thread title and the timestamp under said user's name takes you to the unread post, but they're very small "targets" you have to hit to get to the unread post(s).

Eks
I'm unable to upload a new avatar. Every image I choose for my new avatar shows up as my old one.

I am having this same problem. I tried reuploading my regular avatar, and it is still pixelated. I uploaded a completely different image and the avatar still shows up as my pixelated red Mustang.

I don't suppose the server needs some time to process avatar uploads, does it?

Other than that little issue, the new format looks good. As Slashfan posted above me, it will take some getting used to, but it's still good. Awesome job.

Liking this a lot so far. My only bug I've seen is that threads I read in the past (and are dead or locked) are new showing as unread. (Viewing from my Kindle Fire)
Click "Mark Forums Read" at the bottom of the forum home page.

Are we meant to have about 50% of nothing?
the sides of my 1920x1080 monitor does not made the update look good.

Are we meant to have about 50% of nothing?
the sides of my 1920x1080 monitor does not made the update look good.
50 percent? The content area is the same width as it was previously.

This is what i get with the GTP12 theme

nhzn.png

This is what i get with the default theme
7x3r.png

Sorry, the "Default" theme is the default for the forum software and wasn't supposed to be visible. GTP12's width is normal and the same as it was. Were using the "Wide" setting on the old site?

Apart from an issue with my password, I've had no problems so far. Top work Jordan!

I've uploaded an image to show a (possible) bug with Opera Classic, where the side menu gets put in the bottom. I don't know if it's anything that can be fixed, but I thought I might tell about it just to be sure.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-28-08-17-10.png
    Screenshot_2013-10-28-08-17-10.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 9
I'm not seeing the Euro symbol being displayed, instead, I'm just seeing the code for it, €, being displayed. Dollar signs appear to be ok.

Those videos will be fixed in a bit, @DaveTheStalker.
How do i made it wider?
It's no longer an option. If there's a lot of support for a wide option again, I'll consider implementing it.
I've uploaded an image to show a (possible) bug with Opera Classic, where the side menu gets put in the bottom. I don't know if it's anything that can be fixed, but I thought I might tell about it just to be sure.
That's normal.

Where do you see that happening, @Crash?

Are sigs and text meant to only be in black?

I did a test seems the forum is mainly designed for devices with a screen size of 1024x768, any bigger and you get a gray margins.

The only issue I've had is actually me. The changes are massive, I feel like a man who thought a cat had done its business on his pie, but it turned out to be an extra big cherry. In other words I am very entertained by the changes, and it will take some getting used to.

Liking posts, an option to post a status which turns out to actually be a visitor message, this is madness! Though it's excellent. I like it.

Yes, @Grayfox, signature text is only in black and the margins are normal.

I have had the mobile site crash on me once.

Also, is there going To be an option when viewing a list of threads to go to the last reply? I find it annoying to have to scan through 500 pages just to get to the end. As good as the mobile site is I have to say I think the app was faster. It seems to be performing slow. I have to wait for the text to catch up.

I can't use a new avatar of a link. I have to save it first.

EDIT: No emoticons...... Well, 🤬

I'm liking it except all the empty space on screen like Grayfox is talking about, much prefer the wide style like before the update.

I have had the mobile site crash on me once.

Also, is there going To be an option when viewing a list of threads to go to the last reply? I find it annoying to have to scan through 500 pages just to get to the end. As good as the mobile site is I have to say I think the app was faster. It seems to be performing slow. I have to wait for the text to catch up.

@Slashfan You tap on the time and date on the right side to go to the last post. As for the most recent post since your last visit, I having figured that out.

I like the reply alerts at the very top.

The @ tagging needs a little tweaking, it only gave me one as I was typing in edit mode.

@Slashfan, what were you doing when mobile site crashed? What device are you using? The server DB is under stress right now rebuilding more info, so things aren't completely up to normal speed just yet.

@DaveTheStalker, clicking a thread title will automatically take you to the most recent unread post (if there is one).

Is there a full checklist of what bbcode changes there are with this new update? I can't seem to get some oddball code in, like to work anymore. And the smileys are gone too..

And i was going to mention avatars and monochrome signatures. It's looking okay for me; both PC (Firefox) and Android browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back