TsukubaCircuit_4.jpg

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69

Tsukuba.jpg

Tsukuba Circuit

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

TsukubaCircuit_2.jpg

Important Update Posted on February 18th:
As most of you are aware, PD implemented an update last night that has brought some of the rules for this event into question. The GTP Race Admin team has thoroughly discussed this matter, and formed the following resolution -

• The original rules on engine turning still apply. You are only allowed to perform an oil change in GT Auto. Performance enhancing engine upgrades are strictly forbidden.
  • Adjusting individual transmission gears will not be allowed. If you've made a run with the individual transmission gears adjusted, reset them to the default settings, and adjust top speed only. This is verifiable by monitoring engine RPM's in individual gears. Those found cheating will face the punishment listed below.
  • Upon completion of WRS week 1, the results will be posted as provisional. At this time, the results of week 1 will not count toward any promotions or long term tracking.
  • Assume that you will need to post a replay for this event. A very large portion of participants, if not all participants, will be required to post a replay.
  • In the event that PD issues a replay system that allows us to verify the HP, torque and equipment upgrades made to the cars, we will review ALL replays at that time and make the results “Official”
  • Anyone found to be exploiting the update and breaking the rules of this event will be permanently banned from the GTP Registry. This is whether the cheating is found on initial replay review, or review of replays after implementation of an improved replay system.

A PM containing this same information will be sent to all current participants, within 24 hours.

Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Seasonal Events :Time Trial No. 7: 295HP/FR Tsukuba Circuit Time Trial
  • Track: Tsukuba Circuit
  • Car Type: Premium
  • Make: US > Chevrolet
  • Model: Z28 '69
  • Laps: Hotlap in online Free Run

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 295 HP (Stock Car with Oil Change Only)
  • Engine, Intake, Exhaust or Turbo Modificaitons: Prohibited
  • Weight: Optional (As Low as Full Weight Reduction to 1173 kg)
  • Driving Aids: Optional (Skid Recovery Force Disabled in this Game Mode)
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Aero: No Rear Wing (Front Aero Parts Allowed)
  • Tyre Type: Comfort Soft
  • Other Modifications: Optional (Chassis Reinforcement, Transmission, Drivetrain, Suspension)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage (i.e. the ride height bug) are not allowed.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Red and White Rumble Strips, and Tarmac, are Track Surface.
  • This includes faded/worn Red and White Rumble Strips
  • Green Painted Concrete is not Part of the Track
  • The Light Brown Surface to the outside of the Rumble Strip on the Left Side of the Track before the Start Finish Line is Not Track.
  • See examples below. Those who use these runoff areas without keeping at least 2 wheels on Tarmac or Red and White Rumble Strips will be DQ'd.

Left Side of Track Near Start Finish Line

CLEAN
TsukubaCircuit-1.jpg

DIRTY
TsukubaCircuit_1-1.jpg

Inside of Turn 2

CLEAN
TsukubaCircuit_2-1.jpg

DIRTY
TsukubaCircuit_3.jpg

Left Side Exit of Dunlop Curve (Turn 3)

CLEAN
TsukubaCircuit_4-1.jpg

DIRTY
TsukubaCircuit_5-1.jpg

Steward's Comments:
It's been a long time coming, but WRS for GT5 has finally arrived! I thought I would ease you into things, the track and car are not too difficult. But finding those last few tenths at the end of the week is going to be a nice challenge.

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

TsukubaCircuit_5.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to.
It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

TsukubaCircuit_1.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 1 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
    [*]Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
    [*]Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
    [*]If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
    [*]Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
    [*]The deadline is Monday, February 21st 11:59pm GMT
    [*]If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

TsukubaCircuit.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
I'll give this a go come Wednesday. I'll have GT5 100% complete (except for 1,000 cars and I'm about 55% through on the B-Spec Career/Experience Bar). Been a long time coming for sure 👍

Jerome

Great stuff Kevin 👍

Really interested to see what the turnup will be for our dear WRS in the new constellation.

Go go go!

Not understanding the weight reduction allowance. What Stage diet can we put this car on, 1, 2, or 3? Carbon hood? Lightweight glass? I'd say for the sake of all argument, just make it all mandatory. That would squash any and all confusion. Plus it would make the pig a bit more enjoyable to drive :)

Did you already consider this? What was your thinking as to not go this route?

Cool, now I have an excuse to finally buy this car 👍

Hopefully the update on the 18th will bring Prologue style stock time trials as the attraction of the WRS for me is about the driving skill, not the tuning skill.
I'm certainly in for this week though!

Let the games begin! :gtpflag:

Done a few runs with this combo and quite enjoyed it. Certainly a lot of room for improvement at the moment, in terms of both driving style and car setup. Anyway, here are my current splits.
T1: 15.719
T2: 35.528

And for your viewing pleasure, here are some pictures.
tsukubacircuit43.jpg

tsukubacircuit44.jpg

Last edited:
Not understanding the weight reduction allowance. What Stage diet can we put this car on, 1, 2, or 3? Carbon hood? Lightweight glass? I'd say for the sake of all argument, just make it all mandatory. That would squash any and all confusion. Plus it would make the pig a bit more enjoyable to drive :)

Did you already consider this? What was your thinking as to not go this route?

My thinking was - If you are stupid enough to not take advantage of having full weight reduction at your disposal, you get what you deserve. ;)

Seriously, you're a long time member, but when it comes to OLR, you're a long time moaner.

Get over yourself.

Pretty uncalled for dude.

Asked for clarification.
Made a suggestion.
Probed into your mind about weight reduction decisions.
Then I get treated like an F'n Packers fan.

Really stirs my interest to participate after that.

And no I wasn't looking for a fight. What's your excuse? I think YOU need to "get over yourself". Not being a very gracious host despite your guests.

EDK
My thinking was - If you are stupid enough to not take advantage of having full weight reduction at your disposal, you get what you deserve. ;)

Seriously, you're a long time member, but when it comes to OLR, you're a long time moaner.

Get over yourself.

Asked for clarification.
Made a suggestion.

And no I wasn't looking for a fight. What's your excuse? I think YOU need to "get over yourself". Not being a very gracious host despite your guests.

I think its pretty self explanatory especially since it even says so if you read the first post properly.

EDK
Weight: Optional (As Low as Full Weight Reduction to 1173 kg)

Im a first timer to WRS and even I could understand this meant you could use full weight reduction or any inbetween as long as you dont go lower then 1173kg (And im a packers fan :P)

Asked for clarification.
Made a suggestion.

Weight: Optional (As Low as Full Weight Reduction to 1173 kg)

Looks pretty self explanatory to me... You have the option to go to 1173kg.. If you want to run it higher than go for it.

The poor man has just spent hours upon hours sorting everything out over the past month and all you do is try to nitpick his post that was clear to begin with...?

I think his reply is completely justified.

EDIT: Tree'd with the exact same line of thought :lol: :cheers:

Asked for clarification.
Made a suggestion.

You're full of suggestions, but most of them aren't very good. They are just the ones that suit you.

Here's your answer - You're allowed all of the weight reduction - And if you had any sense at all, you could see that, since I listed the actual lowest weight you could go to.

This has nothing to do with the Packers or Steelers, you've been making silly suggestions long before the Super Bowl.

So let me get this straight..... in addition to pulling all the weight out down to 1173kgs, i can spend up big and go to town on suspension (changing camber, toe, height etc) Transmission (altering ratio's etc) and modify drivetrain components yes?

I ASKED A QUESTION! I'm not sitting in front if the game. I don't know what stage of weight reduction or combination of other reductions would give that number.

Couple this with poor vision "Full" was read as "Fuel". So I'm thinking "great, I have to take into account fuel burn off if I do a weight reduction?"

Get it now?

I ASKED A QUESTION! I'm not sitting in front if the game. I don't know what stage of weight reduction or combination of other reductions would give that number.

Couple this with poor vision "Full" was read as "Fuel". So I'm thinking "great, I have to take into account fuel burn off if I do a weight reduction?"

Get it now?

So your asking questions when you havn't even tried or sat down to understand the combo? I'm sorry you have poor vision but thats not Kev's fault, and IF you did bother to try first you would have answered all your questions without needing it handed to you on a silver platter.

👍^^^^^^^ Anyway.....

Pleased to see a nice short track to start things off, you can make changes to your line and see if they gave any difference on total lap time. I'm sure we will see a video of someone drifting the whole track as well.

Small_Fryz
So your asking questions when you havn't even tried or sat down to understand the combo? I'm sorry you have poor vision but thats not Kev's fault, and IF you did bother to try first you would have answered all your questions without needing it handed to you on a silver platter.

Oh, but his reaction was entirely his choice.

Like I said, I wasn't looking for a fight..

Bed time for me.

Just go run the combo and then ask any questions you might have.

And I'll overlook that double post. ;)

Can you take you argument to pm or chat please. Not a good sight to be honest, wrs event 1 has only been open a hour or so!

ON TOPIC.
Good work.

I'm sorry, this is my first WRS also, after thinking this would offer a level playing field for people to test where they are in the scheme of GT.

However, you can now modify all of these variables??? that is not a level playing field for me, it rewards the tuners among us.

i really hope this changes for the future events because i dont see the need for allowing this at all. just opening the WRS up to all sorts of criticism about fairness.

Josh.

Yeah, I'm not very experienced in fine-tuning either - but this could be a good chance to learn - hopefully some people will be willing to post their settings.

Any tips on suspension settings would be a big help.

I'm sorry, this is my first WRS also, after thinking this would offer a level playing field for people to test where they are in the scheme of GT.

However, you can now modify all of these variables??? that is not a level playing field for me, it rewards the tuners among us.

i really hope this changes for the future events because i dont see the need for allowing this at all. just opening the WRS up to all sorts of criticism about fairness.

Josh.

Try here guys.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=4369006

Obviously omit parts that are not allowed.
It may not be perfect for you but it's somewhere to start. 👍

Cheers Shaun.

Done a few runs with this combo and quite enjoyed it. Certainly a lot of room for improvement at the moment, in terms of both driving style and car setup. Anyway, here are my current splits.
T1: 15.719
T2: 19.809

Cheers for posting this im in the same division so I know im on the right track. Only spent about 30mins on it so far and im at:

T1: 15.857
T2: 36.000

Still getting used to the handling of this beast it is really really touchy when you come up to high revs!

I'm a bit annoyed that there is tuning allowed but I dont really see any way around it and for a first event its not bad, gives everyone a week to mess around with settings etc to try and find a few tenths.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back