GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 12 : Gee Tee Eye

• Thread starter EDK
  • 378 comments
Good luck to everobody who are still running. I submitted with splits on board (done with DFGT). I'm not really happy with my time. I have a .408 as my best and a .2XX would be possible.

Stunning stuff nonetheless, Wes!

Unfortunately work has been in the way the last few days and can't run anything tonight due to this, so see y'all next week. Hopefully we can have some kitty litter to use!

I am finished for the night/event.

I have some updated splits

(1:40.321)

I've had to spend nearly half an hour quadruple-checking the fast lap - I get very close on several occasions, particularly at the end of the quick lap. I've given it a clean bill of health as I cannot find contact visually, or audibly. I've always managed to see a small gap at each point... it's a risk to do this but I really want to win this week - the way I see it, I'll only make this mistake once if I've got it wrong :scared::indiff::ouch::confused::mad:. I have been as thorough with my lap as I would be with validating somebody else and I reckon it's good!

Got a few pics to share which I'll edit in to this post....

Submitted....

Time submitted with posted splits. It's fun watching the race for D3 this week. Nice work from millross! This may be your week, but Carlos and JBrinkley sure have given you a run for the money. Kudos to both of them, too. Now the waiting begins.:cheers:

Time submitted with posted splits. It's fun watching the race for D3 this week. Nice work from millross! This may be your week, but Carlos and JBrinkley sure have given you a run for the money. Kudos to both of them, too. Now the waiting begins.:cheers:

Well, I hope so after however many 2nd places I've had that I've actually converted one, but like I said, I've taken a bit of a gamble so I'm counting no chickens til someone gives me one o' them green flags!

The closest shave:
5704498169_c6d15325bf_b.jpg

Having watched the behavior of the car before and after, my only saving grace here is that the car is falling away to the right during this part, it really is as close as close can be though. I must be mad....

I took one more photo which I may as well share too: "Golf, meet barriers!"
5704498163_f8b73981d5_b.jpg

I think Millross has it sewn up with that one - nice lap buddy, that's a great T2. I know it comes down to the second lap, but I know what my second lap is and I therefore know what Millross would need to get to beat my overall time. It's a decent sized window let me tell you, and I know I've thrown a bunch of laps into that region so I reckon it's a done deal.

I've done sub 27 T1's, I've had a few 32.7 T2's and a 40.3 T3, but I could never do a fast T1 and then back it up with really fast T2 and T3 sectors. I am happy with my consistency so hopefully that will pay off and get me silver...

Submitted last night with my splits on the board.

Hey Brinkley, step away from the playstation young man - no more fast laps from you please :sly:

In all seriousness, it's been a great competition this week, so thank you to all the D3 guys, and the admin for yet again organising a great event. 👍

Millross - Hmm, I always found using that much kerb on the last chicane forced the car out wide.

Anyway, someone is going to be out of D3 soon!

Submitted my one run at this combo.
I should be bottom of the barrel this week.
It was fun just the same, thanks Kevin.

Good luck to all the front runners.

No worries Carlos, only ran about 30 minutes today and decided I had more important things to do unfortunately. Cleaned my garage until time to come to work, what you see on the leaderboard is it for me.... I don't think my other lap is going to be good enough to move in front of you. Every week has been top notch, I love the competition, although it would be nice to get on the podium for once... if not, I will next week.............................. maybe. :-)

Only managed one try at this combo, Friday night. Not expecting much, submitting with time on board. Good luck all.

I am finished for the night/event.

I have some updated splits

(1:40.321)

I've had to spend nearly half an hour quadruple-checking the fast lap - I get very close on several occasions, particularly at the end of the quick lap. I've given it a clean bill of health as I cannot find contact visually, or audibly. I've always managed to see a small gap at each point... it's a risk to do this but I really want to win this week - the way I see it, I'll only make this mistake once if I've got it wrong :scared::indiff::ouch::confused::mad:. I have been as thorough with my lap as I would be with validating somebody else and I reckon it's good!

Got a few pics to share which I'll edit in to this post....

Submitted....

I've done the exact same thing, studied my updated submission for around half an hour as well, ironically in the same same place that Carlos mentioned before, and almost a 'mirror' image (pun intended about the mirror). I can see clear daylight between the mirror and the guardrail on every frame, so whoever checks mine knows where to look at least :)

Nice little challenge this one, that being said I can't wait to only do a single lap again 👍

Good luck to all who made this to the end :cheers:

Didn´t put a serious effort on this one so decided not to submit.

Can´t stand that chicane or my lack of skill to negotiate it :yuck:

I've done the exact same thing, studied my updated submission for around half an hour as well, ironically in the same same place that Carlos mentioned before, and almost a 'mirror' image (pun intended about the mirror). I can see clear daylight between the mirror and the guardrail on every frame, so whoever checks mine knows where to look at least :)

I am not checking your lap then!!!! I've had enough of looking at that corner already :lol:

...I can't wait to only do a single lap again 👍

Word

Carlos Fandango
I am not checking your lap then!!!! I've had enough of looking at that corner already :lol:

I checked and checked so many times. Last thing I wanted is to sound like a hypocrite after posting yesterday for you to check yours in detail :sly:

Carlos Fandango
Up? :)

Usual Suspect
Didn´t put a serious effort on this one so decided not to submit.
Should still submit anyway man, at least you had a go. I'll submit even if i'm in 100th place, just have a go 👍

Usual Suspect
Can´t stand that chicane or my lack of skill to negotiate it
I get the feeling you're not the only one :sly:

Latest Posts

Back