GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 124 : Singin' in the Rain

• Thread starter EDK
  • 60 comments
A bit faster, but I'm way off the pace:

Thanks for posting the video Vagabond 👍. I'll give it a look.

This is great fun, which is a shame because I'll bet most are concerned with getting a good early jump on GT Academy. Good pick, Kevin!

This is great fun, which is a shame because I'll bet most are concerned with getting a good early jump on GT Academy. Good pick, Kevin!
Off topic, but can you see how you're "Friends" are doing in GT Academy 2013 like we could in 2012?

Off topic, but can you see how you're "Friends" are doing in GT Academy 2013 like we could in 2012?

When you start GT Academy and go to the time trial, there are controls where you can see your friends, the region or the overall leaders. Here is a link that shows all the leaders for the Academy by country, or don't select a country and you can see the overall leaders.

http://www.mygranturismo.net/rankings.php?sec=7

Managed to improve slightly -

T1 30.278
T2 20.889

Been two tenths faster in the last sector though, so still a bit left yet. Hopefully will get a quick run in tomorrow.

About 20 laps in but I don't know that I'll be able to do much better than this.

t1: 30.873
t2: 21.344

Sark

I'm really inconsistent on this track in the rain, but I'll keep chipping away at it:

I'd give it a go without TCS - traction isn't much of an issue and I think it will cost you more than it will benefit. 50/50 torque split gives a better drive out of the corners but you need to time full throttle just right to not run wide.

You're right! I was expecting to be all over the place without TCS. Improved straight away though. 👍

New best.

Last edited:

I think I can get .2 improvement. In sector 1, I have had some low.7s and my sector 3 was .1 from my best.

Last edited:
Had a quick break from the unusually nice British weather to drive in the pouring rain at eiger lol. Not managed to improve my lap but seen some .1s in sector 1 now - but can't get a good 2nd sector anymore :(
Cheers for your sector 1 video Chris, I can't get your settings to work for me though - need a more rear torque setup for the ds3, not sure if its down to the controller having less lock or me though lol. Will have another go after watching the f1 tonight.

I was going to have a run at this, but it's nudging 26c in the GT5 cave and my typically British pasty ways cannot cope with that, so ill be back for next week :lol: :D

Messed up t2, but gained .136 on the lap. Only two sessions this week and I might be out of time.

Tiny improvement at the line, thought I had another tenth to find somewhere but out of time.

T1 30.133
T2 20.952

Nice combo though, enjoyed trying to find the traction in the rain. Good luck if anyone is still running.

It took a while but I finally got the lap I was aiming for. Submitted this.

Submitting with these splits but still going to run up to deadline.

Better T3.

Last edited:
Meh! :indiff: Wanted put more time into this one but I've been building the greenhouse.... "It'll only take me a couple of days," quoth I.

Day 4: Things aren't going quite as well as we'd hoped. :P Only 20 more panes to put on, including rubber seals. Looks good from the front. 👍

Anyway, only managed another short blast tonight and improved by a massive 0.003 with no PB sectors anywhere and left about 0.25 on the track, which is a little disappointing.

Good luck guys :cheers:

Meh! :indiff: Wanted put more time into this one but I've been building the greenhouse.... "It'll only take me a couple of days," quoth I.

Day 4: Things aren't going quite as well as we'd hoped. :P Only 20 more panes to put on, including rubber seals. Looks good from the front. 👍

Anyway, only managed another short blast tonight and improved by a massive 0.003 with no PB sectors anywhere and left about 0.25 on the track, which is a little disappointing.

Good luck guys :cheers:

Looks like you spent just enough time (WRS Week 124 results). Congrats :cheers:!

Back