GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 131 : El Matador Valiente

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 245 comments
Finally got a chance to run a few more laps... 20 minutes yielded:

These might be my last unfortunately. Got some F1 races to prepare for. :sly:

Starting to get real up in here...real close to the Armco! :scared: good thing the mirrors don't stick out further or I'd have left some paint behind coming out of the first turn in T2. Not real confident in my exit traction which is doubtless costing me full seconds.

my best first sector 39.303... but have big fail in T2 and lose my lap... :banghead: 👎

great T2 time mate 👍

I've got my work cut out to beat/match that I think!

------

on a different note, I don't mind sharing a T1 video if people want it, the downside is I have no capture device, but if anyone does and can watch PAL replay's I'll send it over for you to post a YouTube copy :)

------

oh and I'm using BB 6/4

great T2 time mate 👍

I've got my work cut out to beat/match that I think!

------

on a different note, I don't mind sharing a T1 video if people want it, the downside is I have no capture device, but if anyone does and can watch PAL replay's I'll send it over for you to post a YouTube copy :)

------

oh and I'm using BB 6/4

thanks ;)

now I'll make a recording of T1, I have some time, but will be with the phone :crazy:

BB: 6.7 or 6.6

edit for put video:

how do I make it look like a picture, youtube video?

this T1 is most or less good,

Last edited by a moderator:
how do I make it look like a picture, youtube video?

Fixed it for you. 👍 You take the "code" after the v= part of the youtube URL, and put that inside [media=youtube]code[/media] tags.

Surprising how little you need to brake for the roundabout turn. 👍

Also, thanks for not showing the upper-right of the screen, where it might have shown your best-lap time. ;)

Thanks! Now know where I'm going wrong in the big loop turn. :cheers:

💡 :cheers:

Fixed it for you. 👍 You take the "code" after the v= part of the youtube URL, and put that inside [media=youtube]code[/media] tags.

Also, thanks for not showing the upper-right of the screen, where it might have shown your best-lap time. ;)

thanks for the info to put youtube video 👍

shift down by putting in the optimum time you make a lot under braking in this car

haha Yes I had in mind :cheers:

I'm always surprised when i check my replays to see how late i brake for a turn.
When i drive, my reference point on the track for the braking moment is a bit earlier. It's not a sensation, it's really late on the replay.... Strange.
Very nice drive escama 1 , i feel like i'm drunk when i look at my driving lines and after at yours..... :drool::dopey:
Going to test this combo today, i have some free time.

EDIT: Nice avatar, Jean Ragnotti is a great great pilot.

New splits:

Have seen .5 in S1 and still need to string it together with a decent S2. At the moment, they aren't going hand in hand. :ouch:

EDIT: Where are you guys shifting- seems to me like revving it all the way up to 7000 seems fastest? :boggled:

EDIT2:

.7 (:eek:) improvement at the line.

Last edited:
First run. I'm very pleased with the first sector. Second sector was a disaster, lots to be gained there ;)

And yes, I'm revving the hell out of it.

I'm always surprised when i check my replays to see how late i brake for a turn.
When i drive, my reference point on the track for the braking moment is a bit earlier. It's not a sensation, it's really late on the replay.... Strange.
Very nice drive escama 1 , i feel like i'm drunk when i look at my driving lines and after at yours..... :drool::dopey:

Replays are always half a second off with the brake and throttle inputs as far as I know. You can hear the car braking and see the speed reducing when the game shows you're still on the throttle. Very irritating bug!

Replays are always half a second off with the brake and throttle inputs as far as I know. You can hear the car braking and see the speed reducing when the game shows you're still on the throttle. Very irritating bug!

I thought that was limited to just online replays, but the bug is irritating. I love reading posts from people who watch replays (in other parts of forum) and marvel at the way an alien can brake so late and it's impossible for them. They come to two conclusions usually... the guy is cheating or just impossibly good at a magic and mystical braking technique. As in science (excluding quantum mechanics), the simple answer is usually proven correct, which in this case means the replay is wrong. :lol:

Question: If you load up a ghost replay in data analyzer the timing of inputs (brake/throttle) has to be accurate right? What would be the point of it otherwise?

Sorry for the double post, but this one is important to highlight.

In case this wasn't clear I'm clarifying this now for this event and all future "No Tuning" events:

Unless otherwise specified, when the thread says "No Tuning or Added Parts Allowed" that includes Chassis Reinforcement.

Race Details:
  • Car Type: Standard - No Tuning or Added Parts Allowed

Vehicle Specifics:
  • Added Tuning Parts: Not Allowed. This includes Aero parts from GT Auto, drivetrain parts, engine upgrades, exhaust upgrades, intake parts, chassis reinforcement, transmission changes, suspension changes or any other added parts. We have developed an automated means of verifying car specs, and any racers found to have made any illegal changes will be DQ'd from this event, and subject to disciplinary action.

I'm adding chassis reinforcement as a specific item in the list above, but it was already implied under "no added parts allowed" and should have been understood.

Our process can and will detect this in replays and drivers will be DQ'd for using it.

jean ragnotti its my god hahaha I saw jean driving in real life, Rally Costa Brava of classics, and was driving one renault 4 and still was amazing the way hes drive :bowdown:

the way that I have to slow ( break ), because the explanation I can give is that since the kilometer 10 in the game I went WITHOUT ABS and I think I had the best "teachers" to improve very quickly, are 3 brothers... thanks phenicks, outburner and ti-tech and other fantastic friends... booba, dHolland, howeller, alex, nismo ;) better drivers in GT5 and no abs teachers :) 👍 👍 👍

Last edited:
I thought that was limited to just online replays, but the bug is irritating. I love reading posts from people who watch replays (in other parts of forum) and marvel at the way an alien can brake so late and it's impossible for them. They come to two conclusions usually... the guy is cheating or just impossibly good at a magic and mystical braking technique. As in science (excluding quantum mechanics), the simple answer is usually proven correct, which in this case means the replay is wrong. :lol:

Question: If you load up a ghost replay in data analyzer the timing of inputs (brake/throttle) has to be accurate right? What would be the point of it otherwise?

Seems to be just the same as the online replays. I checked the data logger. The inputs are right in terms of values, just the timing is off, as I expected. When you see the speed decreasing in the speed graph, the throttle is still fully on and the braking action doesn't start for an estimated 0.3 seconds...

I'm annoyed at myself, keep improving T1 but messing up T2. Gained .1 at the line this time though:

Could someone gift me the car for this weeks adventure please, Thankzzz......

I'll borrow one for now :)

I can send you one when I get home, Lefty, in about 5 hours from now, if nobody else has sent you one in the meantime. Just send an FR to GTP_AspecBob if we're not already friends.

just for the record, a 39.1xx is definitely possible in T1, just saw a .21x and lost time to my ghost through the exit of the fast left. Think I'm getting the hang of T2 now, but can't match a good run through it with a fast T1

It all makes sense to me now. I never accused anyone of cheating for that reason, just wondered how the hell they could brake so late. When I tried it, I was off in the weeds somewhere. :lol: Thanks for that bit of information. 👍

Nice times everyone. Seems to be heating up to be a good one. I'm choosing not to run this week because I have never driven this track in reverse and to be perfectly honest, I just don't feel like going through a learning curve this week. I've been pushing myself quite hard the last 2 or 3 weeks and I just need a break anyway. Good luck everyone. I'll enjoy this one from the stands. :cheers:

Has the force feedback always been this bad? Tried the combo with G27 and couldn't feel when the rear started to lose traction, I swear it used to be better :crazy:. The combo definitely felt easier with DS3 :lol:

Anyway, managed to improve slightly

Last edited:
Has the force feedback always been this bad? Tried the combo with G27 and couldn't feel when the rear started to lose traction, I swear it used to be better :crazy:. The combo definitely felt easier with DS3 :lol:

Its not just you mate, to me it also feel like the feedback was better in the past. I'll try to find some time to run this week, its pretty busy at the job this week though :(

Back