GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 19 : Night Rider

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 269 comments
Gave it another hour tonight, and will be submitting with

Big 👍 to Vagabond for a deadly tune

1 hour of play after dinner and improved splits.

Heading off now for a few holes. Club Championship this Sunday so need to get practicing. Good luck everyone:tup:

Big thanks to CSLACR & Vagabond for settings.

:cheers:

Nice T2 Rutter - and you're welcome. Call me Chris 👍

Struggling to make progress in T2 but still an improvement in T1

Looking for 0.2 in T2 still but reasonably happy with the lap. Seen a T1 of 26.580 but repeating that with a good T2 is "well hard" :P

Submitting with this weeks only splits.
I spent about 1.5 hours on it today and had fun with it.
Good luck to everyone!

Thanks to Jerome and the OLR Admin. for keeping the combos coming. 👍

Gave it another go with the tune that shall not be named... ;)

T1: 26.603
T2: 20.448

As I suspected my old T3 was a bit rubbish, sliced a good chunk out of that one also!

Time submitted. Never had another run. Saw a .786 T2 on my last run then happily stuffed it into the wall, was not pleased.

Good luck to all 👍

Oh and Chris, great tune ;)

Submitted with the splits on the board - bit disappointed with my T1 as I've been in the 26's a few times and also lower in the 27's. That said, if I had more time to run then so would everyone else and I'm happy with my T2 and T3, both of which are PB's for the week.

Good luck everyone :cheers:

T1: 28.431
T2: 21.657

And I'm done. Still not my fastest effort but I beat the time I wanted to beat and the replay is clean. 👍 I may keep doing this one just for fun. :lol:

Found more time in t3, but can't get the t1/2 combo good enough to keep my t3's from being desperate attempts at perfection.
So now I'll just be happy if I can keep 4th after learning this.

Good Luck to anyone still running.

Edit: Wow Yanaran, nice T1. 👍

Hi there!

I also use the analogue sticks for steering and brake/gas and R1/L1 for gear change. I mapped RA Menu to L3 and the d-pad to navigating the RA menu. It works fine as I can bring the menu up on the straights. I use R3 to toggle the ghost, L2 for handbrake, R2 for rear view and triangle for reverse. Don't use the other buttons.

Thanks! That's pretty similar to my offline setup (which is fine for WRS trialling).

Online, I('m supposed to) need the left and right view - which pretty much need to be on the shoulder buttons somewhere if I'm going to not crash ;-) That should be OK too, as long as I don't also need both gear up/down and a trigger for an additional brake input (rear view can be on the d-pad). I'm just worried about what I'm going to move to when I chuck the AT habit.
I might just give up on the extra brake idea.

Now, to comedy gold:

T1: 27.662
T2: 21.260

All the smoke must have gotten in my eyes, because the near-fatal spin just before the final turn makes me want to cry. No more time for runnin', though. The half hour I squeezed in while I was both awake and able to have sound was magically really productive.

Discovering later that I'd swapped the ride heights on Chris's suspension the night before - priceless.

Submitting.

Well that was painful. Finally managed to get somewhere near my target. PBs in T1 and T3. The last couple of hours weren't much fun but I'm too stubborn to quit.

Submitting this lap.

T1: 28.264
T2: 21.958

Online, I('m supposed to) need the left and right view - which pretty much need to be on the shoulder buttons somewhere if I'm going to not crash ;-) That should be OK too, as long as I don't also need both gear up/down and a trigger for an additional brake input (rear view can be on the d-pad). I'm just worried about what I'm going to move to when I chuck the AT habit.
I might just give up on the extra brake idea.

I don't really do online racing so that hasn't been an issue for me. I would probably try left and right view on L2/R2 but I don't think I could co-ordinate that many buttons. And those splits look pretty impressive to me for AT.:cheers:

I'm done... submitted with current splits. Just had a magic lap 0.4 up at T2 and went straight into the wall after the chicane. Patience expired at that point. Good luck all. :cheers:

Well, one hour and half gave me this splits:

T1: 27.254
T2: 20.860

Could see how to do a lot better but even so pleased at what i could manage in so little time

Good luck to all :cheers:

Edit:

Thanks Chris for you tune, as always the one i like the most, and to CSL for the gearing:tup:

Last edited:
Last minute small improvement at the line. But enough to reach my laptime goal :D

Oh yeah, thanks for the tune Chris 👍 :cheers:

When I was watching my replays I always felt like I was going way too slow in T3, but every time I tried to go faster I crashed and burned. I think it has to do with the panic that sets in when you're on a new best split and don't want to make a stupid mistake to ruin the lap... ;)

CSL: thanks for the T1 mention, oddly enough I missed 3 out of the first 4 apexes on that run so I honestly don't know how it became my best one, but I'll take it! :D BTW, it seems your T3 fears where completely unfounded 👍

Dammit Millross! 0.01!!!

Also, that was some T3 from UsualSuspect!! .2 quicker than the overall winner!

Well done JBRINKLEY on div 3 pole. knew it was going to be close, but not that close :crazy:

Dammit Millross! 0.01!!!

Also, that was some T3 from UsualSuspect!! .2 quicker than the overall winner!

:lol: well done Matt :sly:

I thought my T3 was OK, but it was 0.4 slower than UsualSuspects :bowdown:

Will save formal congratulations for the results thread 👍

I think UsualSuspect posted his splits a bit too close to the deadline for fetchbot to pick it up. By my calculation his T3 is 23.079 - about .3 slower than Rutter (no shame in that!).

Oh, right. I was going from the splits that made it to the board. Either way, fine effort.

Ah I see, I was using his splits on the leaderboard as well. My T3 was 22.921 which was nearly .15 better than my previous in that sector, and on the face of it seems faster than the other two guys on the D2 podium :) If only I'd run better in T1... :rolleyes:

When I was watching my replays I always felt like I was going way too slow in T3, but every time I tried to go faster I crashed and burned. I think it has to do with the panic that sets in when you're on a new best split and don't want to make a stupid mistake to ruin the lap... ;)

CSL: thanks for the T1 mention, oddly enough I missed 3 out of the first 4 apexes on that run so I honestly don't know how it became my best one, but I'll take it! :D BTW, it seems your T3 fears where completely unfounded 👍
Thankfully for me. :)
Rutter found the time I mentioned in T3. :D I figured he would.

didn't submit...*sigh* I just never had enough time to capitalize on a tune I found started to work earlier this week :(

Looks like as the summer gears up, my inside/car time winds down...!

Back