GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 35 : Weds Forest

• Thread starter EDK
  • 231 comments
Had a fun week with this great combo, really sorry to not put more time into it and that the splits were so crappy. Next week will be full of Spa so don't know about next week's combo ...

:)

Managed to improve my Overall.

T1: 24.635
T2: 28.470

Submitting with these splits. Didn't get as much time as I had hoped but I put as much effort into it as possible.

That was great fun, the car is really amazing to drive! Thanks. Unfortunately, this week I have been unable to:
1st thing: Repeat the time of my dirty lap, and
2nd thing: Follow the pace of those fast englishmen upfront... Amazing times coming up I guess!

So I'm submitting with those splits, and the very poor T3 that comes with it.

T1: 24.194
T2: 27.842

Last edited:
Any fanatec users got any settings to share?
:D

These are the wheel setting I used this week, GT2 wheel.

Sen. 360
FF. 20
Sho. 100
Drift off
Abs, not sure you have Clubsport pedals. I like to run very low numbers here to feel the most vibration when nearing brake lockup.
Lin. 30
Dead Zone 0
Spring, -2
Damper, -2

This gives a light feeling wheel with the low FF, spring and damper setting.
Good for the the quick right/left or vice versa turns on this track.

Might not suit you, but you can give it try.

EDIT, linearity set at 30 to slow down the ultra quick steering of this car.

Last edited:
This is to cool "G" your on a DS3 so I would think that you are running A/T? My setup rocks for A/T. It seems like you have a taste for the kind of handling I like so maybe you could shake down other setups of mine in the future?

Nah I run M/T, find that it gives me more control over corners. And yeah I can help you test your setups. Whenever I try to tune, a fix a problem and create another :grumpy:. Its a vicious cycle that never ends.

Last run

Final splits:

T1 - 24.105
T2 - 28.121

Proud of that lap. First time I've felt a sense of accomplishment after running a WRS event. 👍

Nice splits gooners. Looks like it's going to come down to T3 between us unless someone comes in with a last minute entry (Hydro?).

Trying...:lol:

But still a bit off :(
I really wish I had started this combo earlier 👍

and get ahead of Usual Suspect for once ;)

Great to be a target :sly:

Proud of that lap. First time I've felt a sense of accomplishment after running a WRS event. 👍

Great splits 👍👍
It´s insane that feeling, isn´t it?
Didn´t have much time this week and my T3 is :yuck: so don´t expect a lot, but will try this night to improve a bit, but you´re officialy out of reach :dopey:

Great to be a target :sly:

Haha you've been a target for each one of my WRS', your at the top of D2 quite a lot, so why not aim to beat the best? I hope next WRS I'm the target and not chasing after you anymore :lol:

Great splits 👍👍
It´s insane that feeling, isn´t it?
Didn´t have much time this week and my T3 is :yuck: so don´t expect a lot, but will try this night to improve a bit, but you´re officialy out of reach :dopey:

It's great, and it's something I've been trying to find quite a lot with virtual racing. I still expect you to pull something magic out of the bag. With the times you achieve I honestly wonder why you aren't D2 Gold yet. Surely can't be too long.

Well, that was fun. I can't figure out how on earth to do any better than 24.6 in T1, felt like I was nailing it....

Finally managed to put together this:

Not too unhappy with this considering this was my first 2 and a bit hours with the game and a steering wheel. Car felt so unbelievably planted it was easy to go quite fast, but hard to go REAL fast.

I had the most awesome accident where I caught the grass at the last turn and spun like a top, went flying across the road and crashed into the pitlane where I immediately got cockpit view and trigger a pitstop.....

Gotta say that I love this wheel and the plasticky standard pedals, they're not bad - they'll do for now.

Going to submit this time and look forward to s'more

Last session, I beat my dirty lap:

T1 24.521
T2 28.262

Used my own setup in the end. Yours was really fun, Lefty, and probably could have gone faster for me (as could Chris' if I knew what I was doing), but I had acclimated to mine (and tweaking it). Maybe if I get some time in online testing...

Wonderful combo. Submitted. Good luck to any still out there!

A last hour salvo with better times in all three sectors leaving me up almost a tenth at the line. I'm still leaving a tenth on the track in T1 and I have an hour to find it, but for now submitting with these new splits:

T1: 24.489
T2: 28.077

There are some hard chargers in D3 getting larger in my mirror... gotta... hold... them... off.

Anyone cross the line faster then 142 mph (229 kph)?

Man after looking at the board I better have one hell of a final turn :)

Submitted with splits:

Good luck to those still at this combo.

Thanks for posting your settings Chris and Lefty. 👍

Lefty's setup was made for cornering , I found it easyer to drive with Active Steering strong AT/MT.
I "borrowed" the parts of leftys setup that made it corner so good.
Threw it in the setup I had left from Chris's settings test and tweaked some more and eventually chipped a lot of time off my previous best.

Anyone cross the line faster then 142 mph (229 kph)?
229 km/h has been fastest I've crossed the line.

MadMax

Nice last minute splits as usual Pekka 👍

I give up - I've been running non-stop for the last 2 hours and been up 2 tenths on my ghost so many times only to either bin it in sector 3 or back off too much and watch it cruise past me just before the line. I'm pretty happy with my lap time anyway I think but now my thumbs ache and I'm out of patience.

Best of luck all. Its been another great fun and addictive week Kev. Many thanks. :cheers:

Submitting with these splits and I now wonder if Ill even podium. Seriously doubting it.

T1: 24.532
T2: 28.039

Ive done a few .1s to T1 then I changed my tune to take T2 and T3 alot quicker and lost decent T1 times. Wish there was one more day of this TT.

Still a lot of room for improvement, but time's up!

I was up by over a tenth three times in the first sector and once by 0.17 only to biff T2 each time. Submitting with laps on the board. Before today I thought I was at the limit, but between T1 and T3 I discovered 3 tenths today that I left out there. Hope it's enough.

Back