GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 46 : An M3 on S3's at GVE

• Thread starter EDK
  • 425 comments
Insane splits Dennis for D2 :crazy:

Well done 👍

Always respect :bowdown: those who put themselves to the limit and don´t give up.
How many hours this week? :sly:

The entrance to the tunnel defeat me this week :ouch: so i´ll stick with the splits on board.

Submitted with splits on the board. Started seeing an occasional 24.7 in t1 but I don't know that I'll get another run. Results will be fun to see.

Checked my replay again of my fastest lap found it to be dirty. I might get chance to give it another go tonight.

Submitted with these splits

Is it just me or does this car handle like a Ford Tempo on retreads. I'll admit it's been a very long time since I've had the time to run any laps on GT5 but I must be crashing on 95% of the laps I'm running. Remind me to take the 07 M3 off my Christmas wish list!

Nice splits Dennis.👍

I submitted my time and obviously I'm happy with it.:)

Thanks Wes.

Thank you too, for the tips how to handle T1 👍

Can imagine your happy with those spilts

Insane splits Dennis for D2 :crazy:

Well done 👍

Always respect :bowdown: those who put themselves to the limit and don´t give up.
How many hours this week? :sly:

The entrance to the tunnel defeat me this week :ouch: so i´ll stick with the splits on board.

Thank you too

Way to many hours. Hard to say. I’m a bit a shame to tell but I guess I spend about 14 hours behind the wheel. Man I could made a lot of money in those hours if i spend it on work :lol: But enjoined this much more and wouldn’t miss any minute .

The entrance of the tunnel is a mean …………….. indeed.

Just notice my T3 is worse than I thought. So back to the track, for hour 15 :lol:

Another session to add honour to this fantastic table. Respect to all contenders, fantastic week 👍

Submitting....
T1: 24.839
T2: 20.761

Finally found a T1. Not the best T2, and T3 wasn't great either. Some improvement at the line.

Final splits for me

Just done a quicker lap but with slightly slower splits, happy to submit now though as I think I finally found some time in t3.

Last edited:
Couldn't clean it up. Had laps more than two tenth faster overall, that were just a hair dirty in the tunnel. They should've drawn that white line on the curb! ;)

Submitting with these (not that I expect Fetchy to pick these up).

I liked this lap until I took a look at how the board has progressed over the last couple of days.

This is my submission, for now, but will try to get one more run before deadline.

"Your username is not in the official registry."
Can somebody please fix this? I bet it's my change of gtplaner username that's been throwing off Fetchy.
Thanks.

"Your username is not in the official registry."
Can somebody please fix this? I bet it's my change of gtplaner username that's been throwing off Fetchy.
Thanks.

Yah, you are probably right that it's the username change and I'm sure it's happened before. If you PM'd the time prior to the deadline it's logged so you should be safe. I don't have the power/knowledge to update the master db, but I'll pass on the issue to the other admins.

Yah, you are probably right that it's the username change and I'm sure it's happened before. If you PM'd the time prior to the deadline it's logged so you should be safe. I don't have the power/knowledge to update the master db, but I'll pass on the issue to the other admins.
Thanks, Tim. I'll keep an eye on the registry thread and if it gets updated before the deadline I'll re-submit.

Yee haw!!!!
woohoo2_smilie.gif

For the record, it's been about 30 hours this week. I was just getting disgusted with my lack of progress today when I remembered I never set the brake balance!! I went with Jake's settings of 4/6 with ABS 10. (The only time in recent memory when I've run the ABS that high.)
I'm going to submit with these splits, though I'll be chasing it for another hour or two. Really, really happy!! I wanted to make a good showing in this super-competitve week of D2!
woohoo2_smilie.gif

T1: 24.860
T2: 20.622

I'm still leaving a full tenth off my best t1, and a half-tenth in t3, but that sector time came out of nowhere, and I don't know about doing it again!! This calls for a beer!!! Barkeep, put a round on me!! :cheers:

Racing around for a while with a smile on my face!!
icon_jook.gif

:gtpflag:

Yee haw!!!!
woohoo2_smilie.gif

For the record, it's been about 30 hours this week. I was just getting disgusted with my lack of progress today when I remembered I never set the brake balance!! I went with Jake's settings of 4/6 with ABS 10. (The only time in recent memory when I've run the ABS that high.)
I'm going to submit with these splits, though I'll be chasing it for another hour or two. Really, really happy!! I wanted to make a good showing in this super-competitve week of D2!
woohoo2_smilie.gif

T1: 24.860
T2: 20.622

I'm still leaving a full tenth off my best t1, and a half-tenth in t3, but that sector time came out of nowhere, and I don't know about doing it again!! This calls for a beer!!! Barkeep, put a round on me!! :cheers:

Racing around for a while with a smile on my face!!
icon_jook.gif

:gtpflag:

Wow... Nice Job Chuk! All those weeks when I started here I kept hearing about you and the commitment and now I get to see it live in action.

Looks like I'll be starting behind you in the online races on Wednesday as my T3 isn't that great and I'm already behind you. I put in about 4-5 hours on the combo and would try to counter-strike you as I didn't try anything but ABS 1, but by the time I'm out of work the deadline will be passed... One disadvantage to the west coast, but I'll take the weather. :lol:

I plan to put in about 4+ [more] hours into online practice over the next couple days so hopefully I can work some magic there and make up for the starting position deficit. :sly:

Submitted with spilts on the board

Good luck everbody

Now watching Lewis Hamilton play darts :lol:

Yee haw!!!!

Outstanding job as usual Chuk 👍 No way I would have managed that time :bowdown:

but by the time I'm out of work the deadline will be passed... One disadvantage to the west coast, but I'll take the weather. :lol:

I have the same problem Tim, watching everyone in Europe and the East coast run up to the deadline whilst I am at work. I can't run for the last 11 hours of an event at the moment (sleep and work) and it's killing me :lol: Weather here was a hindrance yesterday - 42C (107.6F) in my garage yesterday evening :crazy:

:eek: just looked at the leaderboard - 18th in D2 :( looks like my hopes of a top 10 are gone. Oh well, had a blast (I think) :lol:

Last edited:
Ever worsening T1, and T2 splits.. but better at the line.

Submitted with the following splits:

Ever worsening T1, and T2 splits.. but better at the line.

Submitted with the following splits:

Great splits.

Are you sure you don't want to join us on Wednesday for some online racing using this combo? After practicing with w-g-e yesterday I know I won't be challenging him for the win so hoping someone battles him a bit so we can keep up. :sly:

I was looking at the splits board and we've got 8 of the top 10 US drivers signed up for the NA event. 👍

I'm giving up. Submitting with these. .06 faster at the line...

Missed the first turn in this one and I couldn't gain up on my ghost anymore with such T2.

EDIT: Heading over to the GTP_3D3Racing lounge for some online practice for the race...

No more sessions for me from last time, but I did get to review the two replays again, so I'll submit. Think I'll go with the G27 one:

T1: 25.515
T2: 21.129

I expect my T3 is akin to something requiring a dog owner to bring a baggie (and another for T1), but I'm in 2-4 hours at best development mode for quite a while, I think. No more holidays, which I squandered :yuck:

At least I know what I'm doing wrong in T2.

Thats its for me, just over 20+ hrs & I couldn't get within .2 of my T3 :( so

Submitting with splits on the board 👍

Interesting to see how many D2 drivers we can fit under a blanket at T3. Apart from Roomboter (Great Splits mate 👍) the field is very, very close.

Good Luck to all :cheers:

Last edited:

Still trying, but this close to the deadline, I doubt I can improve fats enough...

Back