GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 50 : Running with the Night

• Thread starter EDK
  • 324 comments
First splits

I have some weave on the straight aswell.

A few more runs, am I the only driver with a loose front down the first strait? My car weaves L/R with about a 1/8th G each way.

Dale, the car does weave down the main straight.

I added some dead zone to the wheel settings and it helped a bit.

Added some Linearity also which helped, not sure your wheel has that setting though.

Great call on the traction, the thing has a little drifting edge to it. After I got better w/ the rhythm of the track I came up w/ this :)

T1: 30.608
T2: 28.706

A few more runs, am I the only driver with a loose front down the first strait? My car weaves L/R with about a 1/8th G each way.

It's a bug that's been in the game since the beginning, and apparently in GT5P. I understand it has to do with the Active Yaw Control system. It is a little distracting at first, but I got used to it pretty quick. I do wish we had some adjustability in the G27's....

Hard on the straights!!

Last edited:

Grrrreat combo, Kevin! I'm having a blast!

Here's what I do for the tunnel: I stay in 4th the whole time and lift off at the entrance and only use throttle control throughout (i.e., I never brake). Is that what you pros do as well? Or is there a better approach?

My speed at the line is 181 km/h (112-113 mph), feel free to share yours.

Here's what I do for the tunnel: I stay in 4th the whole time and lift off at the entrance and only use throttle control throughout

👍 The active yaw control gives the Evo a small amount of lift-off oversteer so its all about balancing the throttle through the high speed stuff.

My best 1st sector is now 29.902 so edging closer to Twissy's flyer. Same with sector 2 so hopefully get it into the .8s by the end of the week. Sorted out sector 3 now too but not on my fastest lap yet. The left/right before the tunnel is a killer.

First splits:
T1: 29.898
T2: 27.981

Ahh the trusty DFGT is back in business eh Wes? You go through wheels like fox through a chicken coop. :P
Trustiest of the bunch... with it's cheap plastic components...:ill:
And well.. it's true.
Fanatec is opposite with their customer service... (towards me) :grumpy:

And well.. it's true.

I dread having to deal with their customer service. :nervous:

I think I'll just deal with my pedals being a minor inconvenience and just wait a few months to see if any problems occur with the new pedal sets before jumping on buying one.

Also not sure if I'm going to compete this week or not. Still contemplating it.

Odd. I've only had to deal with them once... Had a damaged throttle potentiometer and they sent a replacement within 48 hours, along with 2 spares. Free of charge and no postage cost either.

Had some free time today and got in a first run for a semi-return back to the WRS.

Still currently working at it, but here's the first splits...

T1: 31.308
T2: 28.940

New splits...
T1: 30.658
T2: 28.871

T1: 30.295
T2: 28.327

- - - - -

EDIT: Just want a quick clarification, are the hatched paint areas legal?

Last edited:
And well.. it's true.

Fanatec's customer service is amazing, I had a busted clutch sensor so I had to hit up the CS, always got responses within 24 hours and, as in Chris's case - replacement sensor with 1 spare came to my doorstep, free of charge and within 4 days.
Great customer support.

Odd. I've only had to deal with them once... Had a damaged throttle potentiometer and they sent a replacement within 48 hours, along with 2 spares. Free of charge and no postage cost either.

It's just that I was reading through what they want in their support requests and it just seems like too much complication for me. Although my issue is with the standard pedals so it's probably more understandable that I'm even having issues with them.

It annoys me so much when I'm trying to get the most out of a car and I look at the throttle gauge and see it flickering right at the top of the bar. :yuck:

Just had my first hour, and with the G27 I'm rolling like a drunk cat through the straights.

T1: 30.107
T2: 28.354

Not much margin left, I guess. I hope to get closer to D1 here, like D2ers did with the M3.

Small improvement in my first few laps this evening:

Aside from the annoying straight line wandering, this car is fantastic. Perfect tyre choice again Kevin 👍

So, if I do end up contacting Fanatec customer support, do I actually have to provide video proof that the potentiometers aren't performing the way they should be? That's the one thing that's going to keep me from doing that because I have no way of providing proof as I have no form of video recording/editing on my computer.

My First ever WRS participation
first stint
T1 - 30.454
T2 - 28.455

Compared to the splits submitted already :eek: i'm almost a whole second down!! :banghead:

Nice Combination 👍

Having a week off this week - instead "I shall be mostly spending my time working on some suggestions for Kevin" ;)

So, if I do end up contacting Fanatec customer support, do I actually have to provide video proof that the potentiometers aren't performing the way they should be? That's the one thing that's going to keep me from doing that because I have no way of providing proof as I have no form of video recording/editing on my computer.

Well you can always bring the pedals to Germany...
Video rule is in place for the same reason you have to bring your items in normal stores, so complaining about that is a bit stupid.

It's like: "Omg my speakers broke, but the stupid store asks me to bring them in for assesment, who are they do demand that?? That's such a stupid rule."

Stupid complaint now, isn't it?

Back