> Audi
    [*]Model: RS 6 Avant '08

Course Settings:

• Practice Mode
    [*]High Speed Ring / Weather Change
    [*]Surface Water at Race Start - 100%
    [*]Weather at Race Start - 100%
    [*]Weather Changeability - 0
    [*]Your replay must show 100% surface water at all times. If your replay shows less than 100% surface water at any time, your lap will be DQ'd.

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power : 741 HP (Added Parts with Oil Change) - This number may go up with Engine Break In. Max Power is fine.
  • Weight : 1524 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Weight Reductions : All Allowed
  • Engine Modifications : ECU + Stage 3 Engine upgrade Allowed
  • Intake Modifications : All Allowed
  • Exhaust Modifications :
    • Exhaust Manifold and Catalytic Converter: Allowed
    • Sports-, Titanium Semi-Racing- and Titanium Racing Exhaust: Not Allowed (audible verifiable)
  • Engine Power Limiter : N/A
  • Turbo or Supercharger : Not Allowed. Turbo is verifiable by checking for the turbo meter on the HUD.
  • Transmission : STOCK : 6 Speed Close Ratio- and Fully Customizable Transmission: Not Allowed (Audible Verifiable)
  • Drivetrain and Suspension : All Allowed
  • Oil Change : Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Transmission: Manual or Automatic
  • Aero:
    • Front and Rear underbody kit: Allowed
    • Wing: Not Allowed
  • Tyre Type: Racing Intermediate. You must buy one of the dry racing compounds for the car in order for the Wet racing tires to be made available.
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • All Hard Surfaces are considered Track Surface. This includes tarmac, painted tarmac, red and white rumbles, and concrete.

Steward's Comments:
As this is my Dreamcar for in real life I left everything that refers to the beautiful engine/exhaust sound as it is.
There's also no better way than to put it on a Central European climate ... yes, rain! :mischievous:

23075137.jpg

Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'

pb060041mt3.jpg

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1, T2, and T3 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

14534536.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At least two tires in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 & T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.
Number of splits: 2

29007217.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 77 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-)

Time: 1'10.100

• Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, August 6th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

16108673.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Definitely going to run this in a few days. It's HSR, and it's in the wet. Should be lots of fun.

The setting for Grip Reduction Wet Track/Track Edge is not specified. Could you please look into it, since it is a wet time trial it might be important.

My first try with Grip Reduction set to Real.

My second try with Grip Reduction off.

Last edited:
The setting for Grip Reduction Wet Track/Track Edge is not specified. Could you please look into it, since it is a wet time trial it might be important.

That's optional. I'll edit the OP. 👍

EDIT:
And just to make sure everyone is on the same page for the exhaust here's a picture on what's allowed and what's not.
Basically as soon as you hear a difference in noise on the car - engine, exhaust, transmission - it's not allowed.

exhaustparts.png

Last edited:
I need a clarification on the transmission. Stock tranny on my A6 is the 5 speed and not the 6 speed (8000 credits) mentioned in the OP.

OOPS, nevermind I read it wrong!

Al

I need a clarification on the transmission. Stock tranny on my A6 is the 5 speed and not the 6 speed (8000 credits) mentioned in the OP.

OOPS, nevermind I read it wrong!

Al

I think the OP means: 6 Speed Close Ratio- and Fully Customizable Transmission are not allowed. So stock transmission for this one.

Hey everyone, good to see ya.

First splits at full power, I think. 764?

Good to see you too. :) I thought I might give this one a quick go with no expectations but its not as hard as I might have thought. :dopey: My car is still at starting BHP of 741 and I've firmed up the suspension a bit but that's it so far.

I have no idea how much faster might be possible but the car will need some setup work to gain time.

Nice combo, again, it's so fun to drive this RS6 in the rain :dopey:

Did a few quick laps:

First few laps, hasn't reached max power yet. This is going to be a fun week!

Just ran a few laps with the DS3. I'll plug in the wheel later:

Quite a different experience from last week's time trial.

First few laps, hasn't reached max power yet. This is going to be a fun week!

That's a fast T2 you have there. 👍 The best I've had so far was 20.279. My car is at full power now and I'm starting to push it harder. New splits and 1.2 seconds faster over the whole lap.

Thought this was stock suspension and diffs, but it's actually default settings on the adjustables. I built the car in my main account and gifted it to my GTP and the A and B settings sheets of the original build were wiped in the swap. Car pushes as delivered.

Last edited:

Yay Speedy! Love the car this week, one of my top three favorites in GT5. :D Good choice to keep the sound stock. Lovin' it. 👍

Had a lap more than three tenths faster and didn't save it. :grumpy: This one is about 80 miles and an oil change from full power. Played with just the camber so far but everything allowed is installed.

1st session with stock tune,

Definitely an easier follow up from the 9+ sector monster in Germany :lol:

Had to go back and found another two tenths. :D Made sure I saved this one.

Thought this was stock suspension and diffs, but it's actually default settings on the adjustables. I built the car in my main account and gifted it to my GTP and the A and B settings sheets of the original build were wiped in the swap. Car pushes as delivered.

I'm pretty helpless with tuning. I usually wait for others to post decent set-ups. The only thing that I did play with was changing the torque split. This seemed to help with removing some understeer because the front tires were not used as much for acceleration and turning at the same time. 30/70 is pretty stable for me so far. 20/80 was decent, but tended to cause oversteer in the kink after the tunnel and in the first corner. I'm looking forward to the actual good setups, though. :sly:

DigitalBaka
Had a lap more than three tenths faster and didn't save it.

I did this too, but wasn't able to duplicate my time as I was getting tired. :ouch: Glad I did it on day 1 instead of day 8!

After a couple more laps.

Have to recheck wx conditions
OK I'm good.

Last edited:
This is some kind of punishment for the grip from last week? :lol:

I'm going to need to grow some patience for this one:

Not at full HP yet, I'll keep break'en her in!

Last edited:
Back