GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 9 : New School Nürburgring

  • Thread starter Thread starter EDK
  • 497 comments
  • 42,705 views
Managed to squeeze an hour in between gardening and BBQing. Will be submitting with the following splits...

T1: 35.979
T2: 23.438
 
Ok, definitely my last attempt. The first left hander in Sector 2 is killing me, but enough is enough!

36.917
23.858
 
Another tired and frenetic hour:

T1: 35.942
T2: 23.439

Made a right mess of the chicane though, so only 0.032 gain at the line. I'm done for today... probably. Last blast tomorrow to tidy up T3.
 
Good race this week, Chris! 👍
 
Good race this week, Chris! 👍

Yeah it certainly is Chuk :) I've enjoyed this combo more than any so far I think. This car just feels so good on the limit... its even brought me around to liking the Nurburgring circuit. Well, this half of it anyway. :sly:
 
submitting with these..I can't seem to tame the beast, and get better times.

T1: 37.585
T2: 24.466
 
First day I have been able to find any time to devote to this combo, except for a couple of laps mid-week, and might not get any time again before the deadline. However, I don't think it would do any good though. A lot of good D5 times ahead of me!

T1: 37.387
T2: 24.820
 
Ok this is probably the best I can manage on this track, but will probably try again before the deadline.

35.918
23.598

Just cant find the extra tenths in T2, judging by Zoky's crazy T2 :sly:
 
Updated splits, I'll probably give it one more go after dinner. Overall improvement of .150 but made a mess out of T2, if I can put T1 together with a good T2 in the 23.4XX or better Ill be happy. :sly:

T1: 35.872
T2: 23.558
 
Last edited:
I started to cramp and gave up after 40+ minutes. :lol:

T1: 36.898
T2: 24.322

There was more to get on my end but like I said....crampity-cramps.
 
Time wasn't on my side this week.
Only had 12 laps on this combo.
So I'm submiting with my poor splits on the board.:grumpy:

Hey T12. 👍
 
What's the deal with the 'FetchBot'? Telling me my time has been rejected because of an invalid body...

If there's a Skynet conspiracy going on I'm going to be super-pissed. :lol:

Hey back at you, addy. :D
 
Updated splits, I'll probably give it one more go after dinner. Overall improvement of .150 but made a mess out of T2, if I can put T1 together with a good T2 in the 25.4XX or better Ill be happy. :sly:

T1: 35.872
T2: 25.558

Take it thats a typo for T2 :sly:
 
Bringing up the rear, finally had a chance to herd the hornet. Plenty of errors but this was my best clean lap.

T1: 36.930
T2: 24.159
 
Take it thats a typo for T2 :sly:

Indeed it was. 👍

I'm done with this one. Final splits.
T1: 35.866
T2: 23.458
 
Last edited:
37.794
24.371
 
FetchBot is beginning to piss me off.
 
Are you trying to send your splits to fetchie?

No. I'm trying to submit my actual time but it keeps telling me there's an invalid body.

My splits are posted up above.
 
The time must be sent exaxtly like in this example :
post #1
Time: 1'10.100

My submissions are exactly like in the quote and work without problems.

Time: 1'23.456



MadMax
 
Last edited:
I'm getting better, but there's still a lot of room for improvement. I hit my sub-1'00 goal, though!

T1: 36.270
T2: 23.726
 
Submitting with -

36.033
24.192

Had faster times at the line and faster splits, but this one is clean.

Good luck to all in the results. 👍
 
I'm getting better, but there's still a lot of room for improvement. I hit my sub-1'00 goal, though!

T1: 36.270
T2: 23.726

👍 Nice job Chuk. I will give it one more go in the morning, not expecting any miracles though.
 
I'm getting better, but there's still a lot of room for improvement. I hit my sub-1'00 goal, though!

T1: 36.270
T2: 23.726

Great job Chuk. My grasp on a D3 podium is slipping away :sick: I had a lap that was a tenth slower at T2 but half a tenth faster at the line but it was dirty. However I'll try again tonight one last time before moving onto wk10...

Again, great job 👍
 
Thank you, Gentlemen!! 👍
Holy cow, Carlos! Talk about tight racing!
 
The time must be sent exaxtly like in this example :

My submissions are exactly like in the quote and work without problems.

Time: 1'23.456



MadMax

And that's exactly how it was submitted. Both times. :grumpy:

EDIT Third time was the charm apparently.
 
Last edited:
Thank you, Gentlemen!! 👍
Holy cow, Carlos! Talk about tight racing!

I must attract it - Sidplayos beat me last week by 2 thousandths over the total lap, and now you've got me by 1 thousandth at the T2 split. Like I've said before though, I don't rate my T3, and when I have gone well there I've underperformed in T1 and/or T2 - I guess that's the way of things. I wasn't so aware of it last week, but I was clearly driving very tentatively through the chicane on my fast lap so I know I left some time on the tarmac.

Subsequent laps have shown that to be true, although not to the extent I thought, but it's so tight on the leaderboard that I think it will prove very costly.

Still great fun though...
 
Yeah, I know I can do the chicane faster, but not when I'm in front of the ghost. Even when it's off, I still try so hard to stay clean that I lose speed. Well done to BOSHUTER and Burr-UK, too! They are right behind us, and it's a shoot-out to the line! 👍👍
 
Last edited:
New splits...
36.164
23.609
Pretty much personal best T1+2 👍, but T3 is very poor :grumpy:, should clean it up but I'm not going to.
Time submitted with new splits.
:cheers: and good luck all
 
Tons o' laps and I only found a tenth.

36.880
24.249

Taking a train south to Italy now for some rally! Good riddance Germany, nothing personal!
 
Back