GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 9 : New School Nürburgring

  • Thread starter Thread starter EDK
  • 497 comments
  • 42,702 views
After a few laps, I think I am going to enjoy this combo a lot more than last week's.:)
Here are some early splits from me for the Division 3 guys to chase:-

T1: 36.367
T2: 24.079
 
. First sector is quite tricky to nail, knowing when to hit the throttle in to final right in T1 is hard.
Yes indeed!👍

I was trying to beat my previous splits but no luck....although,overall I see around half a second more which will be my goal this week!:)
 
First 15 laps into this weeks combo:

T1: xxxxx
T2: xxxxx

Although I enjoy it far more than last week, I'll suck as bad at it as in week 2 (Toyota Supra)...

Just realized I'm running the wrong track layout. :S
 
I've been running on GP/F for the last hour :dunce:

Made the same thing but after the second lap i realized there were 4 sectors and people were only putting T1 and T2 times and seen something was wrong :odd:
:sick:

Was glad, because the GP/F track as some really sick twists.
 
Yes indeed!👍

I was trying to beat my previous splits but no luck....although,overall I see around half a second more which will be my goal this week!:)

The chicane will be huge, I'm finding you can actually attack it really hard, but you don't want to go up on the rumble on the exit.

Your T2 is strong, I think I can see a .5 in there, but the car is really good on the edge.
 
Great looking combo yet again. Hopefully I'll have the time to give It ago tomorrow.
Nice one with the pictures, Shouldn't be any questions this week about whats clean or not.
Not from me anyway.
 
First go-

T1: 36.576
T2: 23.688

Great combo!
 
Last edited:
first few laps

T1: 37.330
T2: 24.846

There's alwasy a cone in the middle of the track in the last corner when i restart :irked:
 
The chicane will be huge, I'm finding you can actually attack it really hard, but you don't want to go up on the rumble on the exit.

Your T2 is strong, I think I can see a .5 in there, but the car is really good on the edge.
As for the chicane I attack it strong and exit over the rumble in 3rd gear....it's very tricky combo this week....anyway new splits with horrible 3rd sector: :ouch:

35.622
23.513
-------

There's alwasy a cone in the middle of the track in the last corner when i restart

I've noticed that too.....wierd!!!
 
The board has been updated with the beautiful images Vagabond has created.

Thanks mate! 👍
 
I've noticed the rogue cone in the last corner too, what a strange glitch.:crazy:
 
I can't do anything with the Top Gear track anymore, I'm starting to see that Suzuki in my sleep, time to move on! Had time for a quick go on week 9 this morning,

37.983
25.220
 
The board has been updated with the beautiful images Vagabond has created.

Thanks mate! 👍

Beautymous! Great work, guys! No more Fuji. 👍
 
Very nice Vagabond!!! 👍
 
After last weeks - this is like a breath of fresh air!

T1: 37.165
T2: 24.575
 
No problem chaps... we'll be updating previous weeks with new images soon as well. :)

I love this car.... never been a huge fan of this track but with the right car, its a blast.

T1: 35.941
T2: 23.858

The chicane is a bit "do or die".... great fun 👍
 
Great fun. :D

First splits:

36.317
23.881
 
2nd run:

T1: 36.620
T2: 24.013
 
T1: 37.250
t2: 24.470
 
T1: 36.377
T2: 23.977

tcs / abs 1
as - strong
controller sensitivity - 1

tried without assists, too hard with the DS3.... must get a wheel :-)

this is gonna give my left thumb a damn good workout!!
 
Question...

Does anybody know what happens to them big plastic blocks if you hit them? Obviously it is then a dirty lap, and the next lap they are not put back, but if you do a good clean lap next time, are they in the replay? Would it matter if they are in the middle of the road along as you don't hit them?
 
First run:

T1: 37.292
T2: 24.749
 
First try:

T1: 38.838
T2: 25.789
 
Question...

Does anybody know what happens to them big plastic blocks if you hit them? Obviously it is then a dirty lap, and the next lap they are not put back, but if you do a good clean lap next time, are they in the replay? Would it matter if they are in the middle of the road along as you don't hit them?

I'm guessing they work just like the cones.

During best lap replays, it only shows you hitting cones if you drive through the area they would normally be located. Displaced cones don't show up.

But you might just try it out to see. I crashed in the chicane once last night when running, and just restarted my run. I know that means warming the tires up again, but I didn't want the hassle of the blocks being in the wrong place.
 
A few laps during lunch time

T1: 37.346
T2: 24.301
 
First session
T1 : 36.711
T2 : 24.065
Plenty of room left for improvement.
Not very familiar with the car or the track.
 
First splits before work. This looks like fun!!
T1: 37.149
T2: 24.630
 
I've noticed the rogue cone in the last corner too, what a strange glitch.:crazy:

Yes , thought it was just me, always after lap 1 there is a cone in the middle of the last turn. But I checked the replay and it doesn't appear, only in the in car view. I thought I was clipping the cone taking it wide into the last turn, so I drove around there really slow, hugging the inside and it was still there.

Importantly I can't see it on the replay, as the best lap I did so far was on lap 1. Would hate to get a DSQ because of a cone I never touched!
 
First attempt:

T1: 37.867
T2: 27.084

Errr.....what is wrong mith my T2! Help! :S
 
Back