GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 98 : The F is for Fun

• Thread starter EDK
  • 98 comments
I didnt used the hand brake if that can help, i use 1st gear on deceleration on the first 3 hairpins, you can get away with it keeping 2nd gear but its difficult to make the car turn sharp. :)

Ahhh, thats the secret eh? Gonna have to try that as I have been using 2nd gear for those corners, with a hell of alot of tire smoke I might add.:lol:

Thanks for the tip.

No handbrake here either! I did try it a couple of times on turn 2 but its makes it pretty erratic on exit, also I have been using 2nd gear for the tight turns and never considered using 1st gear?... cheers Mike will try it later 👍

Did anyone notice if you view a replay or or save replay whilst still on track it resets your front tyres to the default sports hard? I keep having to change it back after a sloppy lap with no turn in whatsoever :P it's quite annoying tbh :yuck:

Goodluck! i could go as fast even faster on some attempts keeping 2nd gear, but its more tricky ..yes and no... hehe but was requiring more attempts! :ill:

Ahhh, thats the secret eh? Gonna have to try that as I have been using 2nd gear for those corners, with a hell of alot of tire smoke I might add.:lol:

Thanks for the tip.

No problem! :) , not really secret though since i and other have been able to go as fast keeping 2nd gear, and its still tricky to keep the traction, you have to make sure you dont touch the throttle while downshifting in 1st, and wait to be in 2nd gear before giving throttle, the way the transmission shift it will break traction on 2nd gear shift if you do.

but at least it feel easier to keep the car closer in the apex and turn on itself, its a trade in some way, theres several way to take those hairpins that will give similar results.

:)

Looks like fun :)

T1: 29.879
T2: 20.870

Great combo 👍 the car will hook up if ya don't over play the corners :lol:

T1: 29.698
T2: 20.853

"hay Con" 👍

---------------------- a little bit later on in the evening :lol: -----------------------

You can really lean on this thing if you don't make it mad :)

T1: 29.699
T2: 20.756

Last edited:
I've been at it for a couple of days, but these are my first decent splits.

Feels different to be playing this again! First splits:

Cheers.

Happy New Year guys, did a stint after my holiday, messed up the second sector and the 3rd so still some time to find.

Edit: Typo

Last edited:
A better T2 and T3 :)

New splits:

Can't go any faster, slight improvement. Last try. submitting. Into the rain I go.

Damn left shifter broke again (2nd) time on the T500RS. Seems I pull back on the paddles with too much vigor. EDK has had the same problem, wonder if twice like me tho?

Very modest gain in the 3rd sector. Can't seem to string a good one together. Saw a low dot-two through the first two sectors only to put it in the right side fence coming down the straight.

These may be my last times:

No handbrake here either! I did try it a couple of times on turn 2 but its makes it pretty erratic on exit, also I have been using 2nd gear for the tight turns and never considered using 1st gear?... cheers Mike will try it later 👍

Did anyone notice if you view a replay or or save replay whilst still on track it resets your front tyres to the default sports hard? I keep having to change it back after a sloppy lap with no turn in whatsoever :P it's quite annoying tbh :yuck:

Hmm, just saw this. I didnt notice about the tyres, the car still felt the same after I saved my replay and did another lap, Ill have to check and make sure it didnt change the tyres on me.

Damn left shifter broke again (2nd) time on the T500RS. Seems I pull back on the paddles with too much vigor. EDK has had the same problem, wonder if twice like me tho?

I changed to the F1 wheel add on shortly after getting the new fixed paddles.

FerrariF1WheelAddOn_2.jpg

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/ferrari-f1-wheel-add

It won't be long before I have to make a call on those, as the upshift is a bit squishy and sometimes does no shifts or double shifts, and the downshift gave me a nice present going into turn 1 in the online race at Daytona. It shifted straight from 3rd to 1st, not optimum if you are trying to be smooth there. :lol:

Submitted with the current splits on the board.

EDK - Flimsy plastic tabs that hold the 2 half's of the shifter body together. They could of, for $500, made the 2 sections out of lexan or some other stronger material. Good wheel otherwise, cept for the rotating paddles!!

Please guys don't talk bad about the T500rs, as I just oredered one with F1 add on. (so stop frightining me :) )

So sorry! I just got a email from Thrustmaster and they are sending me a 2nd replacement for the paddle assembly. I can say that the support is good, if that's any Consolation. :nervous:

So sorry! I just got a email from Thrustmaster and they are sending me a 2nd replacement for the paddle assembly. I can say that the support is good, if that's any Consolation. :nervous:

LOL, and I still have my 2 year warranty. Glad to see that Trustmaster support is helping you 👍 That does consolate.

Bin slightly faster in T1 & T2 and way faster in T3, so not happy with that one. Maybe gonna regret submitting with that awful T3 :nervous:

Submitting with these spits

Submitted with last posted splits. No time for a Hail Mary today. Time for a little rain dance.:lol:

I think I've had enough of this place threw so many laps away at the last turn, this one I almost did but managed to keep two wheels on track

Back