GTP_WRS New Drivers and Promotions

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 3,085 comments
-------------- promotions -----------------
GTP_EDK (@EDK) D1 Silver -> D1 Gold (1.33104)
doughboy877 (@Bertracer) D2 Silver -> D2 Gold (2.32784)
SBartak (@Sbartak) D3 Gold -> D2 Bronze (2.98775)
----------- rookie placement --------------
DrSpyderPig (@Stryker13) -> D2 Silver (2.38182)
Oh what a nice surprise!!! Thanks a lot, maybe I can hit the D1 division one day!?!?

@Vaxen

arent this a fail
Division 2 Silver (2.334 - 2.666):

StormPacer / Storm_SP17 / UK (1.866)

He should be in div 1 bronce ? Or do i miss somthing
This is a tricky corner case: there's code to prevent promotions from happening too fast, and in StormPacer's case, he'd received his initial placement, and then immediately blew the doors off with his next submission -- but was inside the window preventing an immediate promotion. He submitted one more week, but was DQ'd for going off track. Here's his history:
History: Week: 17 Event_Status: F Rating: 0.000000 Weight: 1.000000 DISQ: OFFTRACK
History: Week: 13 Event_Status: F Rating: 0.666165 Weight: 1.000000 DISQ: VERIFIED
History: Week: 9 Event_Status: F Rating: 1.846781 Weight: 1.000000 DISQ: VERIFIED
History: Week: 8 Event_Status: F Rating: 3.110429 Weight: 0.992239 DISQ: VERIFIED
History: Week: 7 Event_Status: F Rating: 2.094663 Weight: 1.000000 DISQ: VERIFIED
It was also some time ago.

This is a tricky corner case: there's code to prevent promotions from happening too fast, and in StormPacer's case, he'd received his initial placement, and then immediately blew the doors off with his next submission -- but was inside the window preventing an immediate promotion. He submitted one more week, but was DQ'd for going off track. Here's his history:

It was also some time ago.
Ok didn’t know fine by me

Thanks all, for the well wishes for making D1G.

This is not something I've really aspired to long term, because I did not think it was attainable for me.

I still think there are a few tracks I specialize in and can excel at, which allowed me to get here.

That said, I will take it. I'm sure all of this has helped me with real life racing, and in turn, real life racing has helped me with this.

I am actually going racing this weekend, flying out tomorrow morning. The event is of course "participants only", but for the most part, our races normally are. I already attended the driver's meeting on Zoom, an hour I will never get back. :lol:

And looking forward to this, but also looking forward to racing you all again next weekend.

:cheers:
Kevin

Gonna have to work hard to keep my D2 gold position from now on. :gtpflag:
We've never downgraded a driver, unless they requested it and had justification.

And our handicap calculation only takes improvement into account, we don't lower your score. It's in an effort to boost participation, but has the net effect of making the ranks a little top heavy.

Back