GTP_WRS New Drivers and Promotions

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 3,085 comments
So nothing to do with the rally event :)
Negative handicaps don't count if that's what you mean.

So a very basic explaination of how it works.

i've submited a lap for TT week X. After week X, the week Y combo and the PROVISIONAL results of week X gets posted.
At the end of week Y all week X replays should be reviewed and the week X results become final (Also the week Z combo and the Provisonal results of week Y gets posted).

If your handicap for week X is negative(you improved) it will go into @Vaxen 's little magic blackbox and your handicap will be adjusted.
If you handicap for week X is positive(you didn't improve) nothing will happen to your handicap and you can go ahead and compete in the next event.

So if you've got a negative handicap it can take up to 2 weeks (or a bit more if @Vaxens little magic blackbox says sqeeuk or even worse bang.) before your handicap is processed in the registry.

And as said if you mess up a week, no worries, nothing will change in terms of your handicap. Just continue on towards the next combo and try to beat your own handicap.

Hope this somehow covers whatever question(s) you may have. if not let me know.

Last edited:
Well done everybody. I was hoping to get my handicap this week so i would be able to compete in the last week of the club event....

You will get your division placement as you have completed 3 but not until the results go final for week 17 and that will be next Monday.

If your handicap for week X is negative(you improved) it will go into @Vaxen 's little magic blackbox and your handicap will be adjusted.
If you handicap for week X is positive(you didn't improve) nothing will happen to your handicap and you can go ahead and compete in the next event.
@GTP_Dutchy thanks for posting this...👍 I was under the impression that our handicap could increase or decrease each week due to this explanation in the FAQ thread:

Handicaps are only updated after races has been marked as "official" (as the WRS Admins need to remove DQ'd submissions to ensure the times considered are valid). When the race is "official" your new handicap is calculated with the following formula:

( [your existing handicap] * 5 + [latest handicap you scored] ) / 6

I will use each week as an opportunity to try and beat my handicap and move up the ladder...:)

:cheers:

@GTP_Dutchy thanks for posting this...👍 I was under the impression that our handicap could increase or decrease each week due to this explanation in the FAQ thread:

Handicaps are only updated after races has been marked as "official" (as the WRS Admins need to remove DQ'd submissions to ensure the times considered are valid). When the race is "official" your new handicap is calculated with the following formula:

( [your existing handicap] * 5 + [latest handicap you scored] ) / 6

I will use each week as an opportunity to try and beat my handicap and move up the ladder...:)

:cheers:
Your improvement over handicap / 5 pretty much tells you what it will change by.

-------------- promotions -----------------
GTP_Fastas____ (@Fastas) D1 Silver -> D1 Gold (1.31546)
Munch2112 (@munch2112) D3 Gold -> D2 Bronze (2.96772)
colinnola (@ColinNZ) D3 Silver -> D3 Gold (3.31587)
Nerazzurri_Outla (@Nerazzurri) D3 Bronze -> D3 Silver (3.65092)
----------- rookie placement --------------
GTP_Eternal (@Cats_PJs) -> D2 Gold (2.32907)
GTP_Grim_Reaper (@The Grim Reaper) -> D2 Silver (2.65875)
Falken-N7 (@Strax) -> D3 Bronze (3.89401)

Back