GTP_WRS New Drivers and Promotions

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 3,085 comments
Frank I think I see what the issue is with your lack placement showing on the leaderboard. The database that fetchy uses has you listed as GTP_Frank but that is your PSN ID. I'll send a PM to get it changed to Racingworld68 and that should sort the issue out

Edit: actually that may not be correct, have you tried posting splits recently?

I did not post splits in the latest tt. But i did last week. I will give it a try later today. Thank you for all the work and time you spend helping everybody here Mike.

Congrats to both of you, but especially @dranddad, you're on fire! :cheers:

Thanks Mr Cooper but I think my wheel is going to damp down the flames over the next few months, wearing out just like me. can't justify buying a new wheel just yet as I'm spending copious amounts 000's on home improvements.

One big problem with having a house built of Sandstone and is listed, everything is just so damn expensive.

Congrats with the promotions guys! 👍

Might seem a bit like sour grapes this but I assure you it isn't... I personally reckon we should face some kind of relegation for continual poor performances or lack of participation to go with the rewards for good performances.. my results of late are nowhere near D1G finish times and it's like being stuck in an annoying cycle of poor results that loses appeal arduously when your 1 second behind the winner each week and realize that you don't really belong there.. it's not a big deal and wont stop me taking part here and there! just airing my thoughts 👍

In all fairness the way the divisional placement in set out at the moment you could just run the 3 qualifiers with blazing finishes for each round and stay in D1G for the duration of GT Sports WRS lifespan without racing another round? It doesn't make much sense to me :P

I know nothing is perfect but this weekly challenge should reflect both ends of the spectrum as most leagues and competitions do IRL :) Anyone else got thoughts on this? Feel free to air them..

Cheers! :cheers:

Might seem a bit like sour grapes this but I assure you it isn't... I personally reckon we should face some kind of relegation for continual poor performances or lack of participation to go with the rewards for good performances.. my results of late are nowhere near D1G finish times and it's like being stuck in an annoying cycle of poor results that loses appeal arduously when your 1 second behind the winner each week and realize that you don't really belong there.. it's not a big deal and wont stop me taking part here and there! just airing my thoughts 👍

In all fairness the way the divisional placement in set out at the moment you could just run the 3 qualifiers with blazing finishes for each round and stay in D1G for the duration of GT Sports WRS lifespan without racing another round? It doesn't make much sense to me :P

I know nothing is perfect but this weekly challenge should reflect both ends of the spectrum as most leagues and competitions do IRL :) Anyone else got thoughts on this? Feel free to air them..

Yeah same thoughts here. What is preventing someone to not enter a combo which they are not as good as and still keep their div? Nothing with the current system. One can pick only the weeks that they are really strong and place a high div than someone going every week.

Yeah I wish it was more fluid, where you moved up with good finishes and down with bad finishes. Now of course the whole organizing of all this gets even way more work then everyone already does. Which I highly appreciate. :cheers:

Maybe something where once a month the divisions are recalculated based on your finishes for the last couple months. The problem becomes not everyone participates every week, so what is the correct way to account for that? 1 free missed week per month?, use your average finish in the calculations for weeks missed? So many things to take into account. :banghead:

Maybe we need a WRS league weekly league based off the time trials for the guys looking for points and standings like real life. Now that is a whole new can of worms......

Don't beat yourself up too hard! You've been below handicap in 3 of your last 4 events.

It's probably more a case of there needs to be an alien platinum division for those who are way ahead of even D1G.

Last edited:
I personally would be opposed to any move that penalised someone for having a life and not being able to participate as regularly as others or when they can participate, they don't have as much time as they really need to put in a good result.

What I will also say is that there has always been the facility for any member to request a downgrade to a lower division if they feel out of place.

Last edited:
hmm you make it sound worse than I wanted it to sound Mike.. sorry if you took it that way! We all have a life and hopefully everyone is happy :) It was simply random sporadic suggestion syndrome taking over and nothing else :P

:cheers:

You're good mate and I was just speaking out for my own personal view on this. I don't necessarily disagree with your comments or those from the others that responded but we need to be careful that we don't end up disadvantaging folks with good intentions :cheers:

hmm you make it sound worse than I wanted it to sound Mike.. sorry if you took it that way! We all have a life and hopefully everyone is happy :) It was simply random sporadic suggestion syndrome taking over and nothing else :P

:cheers:
Troublemaker :D

Troublemaker :D

fu1071224_lr.jpg

:lol:👍

Back