GTP_WRS-Online Event 106 : Monte Clio Infinity - Jan 30 & Feb 3

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 39 comments
OK, I think I've liked enough posts in here. :-] Got DC'd from the boost race too, followed by more swearing. :scared:

Boost race was more fun, I'll agree. But for official results we have to turn it off. Sorry Ned...Hopefully I can follow you and battle some more in the war of "Who Has to Pee First?" :)

Congrats @MadMax @roamer2629 & @Bleached on the NA podiums. :cheers:

Yesterday's race went better than I expected. Some minor lag here and there but nothing like Saturday. Decided not to pit seeing that the tires held, but 15 seconds were not enough to keep Pekka behind. Great win dude.

Sorry guys for the last minute change of plan's after the EU race I had to rush out.

To make it up I'll run a Parity/Pack race tonight with the Clio on maybe the special route 5? the short one reversed around 1900GMT, 1400EST, 1100 PST if any one's interested reply to the Parity/Pack racing thread. Will Check back after work.

Now for the EU race something was very wrong very wrong indeed even with the boost on, Me 1st :crazy: nice race guys. Well done to everyone and thanks :cheers:

That was great fun until your DC, Bart @PASM !! 👍👍👍

after that the Boost went even crazier braking me down another sec/lap while the back of the field had benefits of 5+sec/lap. Boost may be a fun thing for 5-10lap races, but it has nothing to do with serious racing anymore. It's more like Mario-Kart on the N64 with better looking graphics. Missed the bananas and bombs on track to be collected :lol:

Last edited:
That was great fun until your DC, Bart @PASM !! 👍👍👍

after that the Boost went even crazier braking me down another sec/lap while the back of the field had benefits of 5+sec/lap. Boost may be a fun thing for 5-10lap races, but it has nothing to do with serious racing anymore. It's more like Mario-Kart on the N64 with better looking graphics. Missed the bananas and bombs on track to be collected :lol:

Yeah after a few laps it started to slow the front runners down massively. At that point it becomes a bit annoying.

But that was some great racing :):):)

I talked with some guy in PD ABOUT BOOST. He confirmed that when the boot in the rear becomes too extreme for a trailing driver to cope with, the lead drivers will be "braked" untill ALL cars return to the envelope of the boost algorithims. It is a question of getting everybody back into the bucket w/0 killing the trailing drivers. As lars noted, when dealing with boost in more powerful cars the driving line will provide updated braking information . You still brake later than the beginning of the red zone but it WILL prevent those embarassing Oh Sierra moments when you brake at your "normal" point with 1.25% more boost.

As a result if you spin off or get nerfed into the kitty litter expedite your return to racing and the impact on leaders perceived speed will be will be lessened.

Last edited:
Congrats to the winners, @PASM & @MadMax...nice battle across buggy rooms. :crazy:

@suprajef was so fast on this one. 👍 As well as @Meister Fetz & @roamer2629 and @Bleached. :cheers:

gt6-event106-ww.PNG

*EU Boost Race*

gt6-event106-na.PNG

gt6-event106-merged.PNG

Back