GTP_WRS-Online Event 117 : A Star on a Reasonably Sized Track - Apr 16 & 20

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 46 comments
@PASM I joined fine, did a few laps and suddenly got DC part way around the lap. Now when I try to rejoin, I'm getting:

"Entry was refused due to network incompatibility with the room owner. [1858]"

Progress bar moves very slowly and stops at about 5% before that message. Wired to combined router modem, PS3 given static IP, PS3 uses OpenDNS, PS3 in DMZ. It's worked fantastically since I changed those last 3 things a week or two ago.

EDIT: I wonder if someone has joined with a certain setup which has changed the whole room at some technical level?

EDIT2: No change, I'll restart everything and hope for the best.

EDIT3: Phew, I'm back in!

Last edited:
Please may I race in the NA room? I registered as a reserve and participated in the EU session earlier on. It was great fun!

This combo is mortal for my wheel. Brake spring was broken during WW race. And yesterday, I instaled update, entered EU loby and noticed what FFB is very weak. Set strenght at 8, sensitivity 10, but it didn't help - FFB was very weak on track, a bit stronger on kurb and there werent FFB at all when hiting the wall :(
Now I remember, my PS3 didn't restart after update. maybe it is something wrong with update? Did you, guys, noticed any difenrence after update?

If you'd offered me that race result before qualifying I'd have taken it with both hands. Really surprised to be anywhere near the front and to have managed to keep the car pointed straight (well, mostly straight) the entire race. Thrilled with the drive, bit annoyed at the pit AI but that's GT6 racing.
Looking forward to the next one. 👍

Did you, guys, noticed any difenrence after update?
It seemed the same to me after the update...slow as ever. But it seemed to drive the same as in previous races.

If you'd offered me that race result before qualifying I'd have taken it with both hands. Really surprised to be anywhere near the front and to have managed to keep the car pointed straight (well, mostly straight) the entire race. Thrilled with the drive, bit annoyed at the pit AI but that's GT6 racing.
Looking forward to the next one. 👍
It was fun chasing you guys, could only see your cars if I squinted... :dopey: Great pit strategies to keep short-pitting. 👍

That was just such a bad race for me...

Ran wide at Turn 1, spun at lap 16, then just swore at my car and myself for the rest of the race.

Not happy.

Good job everyone, you guys did really well.

My apologies to everyone I got in the way of. My qualifying pace is about 1 second a lap faster than my race pace, so I started way up in 4th or 5th in the EU and NA sessions on Wednesday. Basically a rolling roadblock for everyone behind. :ouch:

In both races I finished within my realistic expectation, although towards the bottom end! That was despite having some pretty big mistakes - and thrilling contests! The slight varieties in pit strategy played out to keep the race dynamic in the mid-pack.

Planning to watch my replays tomorrow lunchtime to learn where I went wrong. Think my biggest mistake was trying to monitor the cars around me too closely. Was trying so hard to avoid contact that I lost focus of my own line a few times.

My apologies to everyone I got in the way of. My qualifying pace is about 1 second a lap faster than my race pace, so I started way up in 4th or 5th in the EU and NA sessions on Wednesday. Basically a rolling roadblock for everyone behind. :ouch:

In both races I finished within my realistic expectation, although towards the bottom end! That was despite having some pretty big mistakes - and thrilling contests! The slight varieties in pit strategy played out to keep the race dynamic in the mid-pack.

Planning to watch my replays tomorrow lunchtime to learn where I went wrong. Think my biggest mistake was trying to monitor the cars around me too closely. Was trying so hard to avoid contact that I lost focus of my own line a few times.
It was nice to have you race with us, hope you enjoy WRS for a long time. It looks like you had an awesome battle with @MadMax . Sometimes on Fri or Sat nights we will just mess around and try new combos, talk, drink some beer or other adult beverages, and just have fun. If you ever see a lobby open, feel free to jump in.

Think my biggest mistake was trying to monitor the cars around me too closely. Was trying so hard to avoid contact that I lost focus of my own line a few times
That's part of the game to get these things together. Better focus on the surrounding racers, then getting a penalty in the end - you're on the right way + you showed that you are driving very clean and serious. Hope you enjoyed racing with us and continue. 👍

Congratulations to @LLOYDZELITE69, @TNR_5zigen, @Whitetail, @Jfrod, @TNR_KING_FILO and @TeamEdge702 for their wins and podium finishes respectively. Well done guys :cheers:

117_WW.png

117_EU.png

117_NA.png

117_Merged.png

Back