GTP_WRS-Online Event 168 : Poor Man's 787B - Apr 8 & 12

• Thread starter PASM
  • 41 comments
NO NO NO NO , not again :banghead: , again I forgot all about this race , I guess iam a little lucky though as I dont usely hit myself :banghead:

Starting to hate myself and racing. I feel tired from mistakes I do every race :(

This race was bloody tough! Tire wear needed a lot of attention and the balance shifts with it.

Reactions: EDK
Starting to hate myself and racing. I feel tired from mistakes I do every race :(
Races require a different type of focus than the Time Trials. Running the TT's helps gain confidence in what you can get away with and where.

In race, you are better off managing your pace and driving within well within your abilities vs. trying to push the entire time.

That's something you learn with experience. It's not easy maintaining focus for an hour, I find it more difficult to focus here than in a real car on a real track. There are more distractions and it's generally less immersive.

You can improve, it's just another aspect of this that you have to learn.

Looks like we most likely won't have an NA race. Sorry guys. Post here if you'll make it, and maybe we'll do it. I'm still at work and should be home about 30min before the scheduled start time.

Looks like we most likely won't have an NA race. Sorry guys. Post here if you'll make it, and maybe we'll do it. I'm still at work and should be home about 30min before the scheduled start time.

I think there is something wrong with the register thing for this race , pekka signed up and me too (5min ago I did hehe)

edit. and know we are both on the list offcourse :banghead::lol:

EDIT EDIT. I OPEND UP A ROOM IFF YOU SHOULD LIKE TO DO A BIT OFF PRACTISE , dont know the time or timeprogression though.....

Last edited:
EDK
Races require a different type of focus than the Time Trials. Running the TT's helps gain confidence in what you can get away with and where.

In race, you are better off managing your pace and driving within well within your abilities vs. trying to push the entire time.

That's something you learn with experience. It's not easy maintaining focus for an hour, I find it more difficult to focus here than in a real car on a real track. There are more distractions and it's generally less immersive.

You can improve, it's just another aspect of this that you have to learn.

I don't know why I am loosing so much time while online races. If top guys loosing +- second/lap (depends on combo) compared to their TT, I am loosing +- 2 seconds there (twice more). If I try to get closer to that +1 second - offroad trial starts :). And it was always - now and few years earlier, when I started WRS. Probably this was because I used to spent much more time TT, then online? But for exp. this combo: I haven't run TT, did 30 min. offline session at Saturday, then the 1,5 h online (prerace and race). Did 30 min. session offline at Sunday, improved more then 0,5 s, but while online EU I didn't improve at all. So, I did 1 h offline and 3 h online, but my best online lap was +2 seconds again and it kils me

Last edited:
Sorry, I was in no mood to race after the DC and multiple spins in the EU race.

I don't know why I am loosing so much time while online races. If top guys loosing +- second/lap (depends on combo) compared to their TT, I am loosing +- 2 seconds there (twice more). If I try to get closer to that +1 second - offroad trial starts :). And it was always - now and few years earlier, when I started WRS. Probably this was because I used to spent much more time TT, then online? But for exp. this combo: I haven't run TT, did 30 min. offline session at Saturday, then the 1,5 h online (prerace and race). Did 30 min. session offline at Sunday, improved more then 0,5 s, but while online EU I didn't improve at all. So, I did 1 h offline and 3 h online, but my best online lap was +2 seconds again and it kils me
The online physics require a bit different approach. The combination of tire wear and changing car weight due to fuel burn cause you to need to be flexible.

If your ultimate focus is laptime alone, and you are not practicing long runs, that's going to be a problem. Brake balance adjustments can also be useful to effectively manage tire wear, something you are not concerned with in the TT realm.

I would encourage you to practice full fuel stints online, and I would say that generally the lap times will come. You can approach qualifying differently, but don't make your online practice a qualifying practice right now. Make it race practice.

Back