GTP_WRS-Online Event 21 : Sobering Vettel - June 18 & 21

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 74 comments
Good thing I got home a little early, update is taking forever.

Can't believe this. Connection lost. My internet is working fine. Guys help please, any suggestions?

If you normally don't have any issues, then there's probably nothing wrong on your end. I have a very stable NAT1 connection and I got D/C'd today as well.

Thanks @Strop, much appreciated. Now I can watch the amazing race that we had tonight. :) Congrats on you and Kev winning the Last Man Standing tonight! :bowdown:

Here's the replay from tonight.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tjwqjpylnfnc2w5/WRS21-Replay.zip

As Lucas said the likely culprit tonight was the load put on Sony's servers by the latest update.
Last night was no better. Tenderly and I raced the Spec one hour enduro and 2 of 8 DISCOd
After the race I went to practice for the GSCC series opener on Thursday and the guys were talking about guys getting DISCOd from a training race. As we chatted two more vanished..and then the Host, Flipjj was DCd from his own page. He PSMd us that he was setting up a new open lobby....as he did so the original room imploded booting the rest of us out. The best thought of excuse was.....server load PRIOR to update.

We all went to bed without racing....sounds like a mother's threat to a three year old (I resemble that remark !....at least a cording to SWMBO).

@gtp_Tenderly and @Gravitron that was an epic battle for 18 laps at the front until we all got disconnected. Lots of passing and we were all pretty civil in allowing room for each other. That was lots of fun while it lasted.

The disconnect issue actually started the day/night before the update, hope it gets sorted out soon.

Last edited:
If you normally don't have any issues, then there's probably nothing wrong on your end. I have a very stable NAT1 connection and I got D/C'd today as well.

Ok. I'll rest a little better. Just sad that I started racing with you guys 2 weeks ago and I have been able to finish only one race (my worst of course) was really enjoying the others and got DC everytime. Soooo frustrating :banghead:
For something completely different, last night's rolling lap was a very funny chaos...

Such a fun race, even with everyone but the Californians (@EDK and @Strop) DC'ing, still had a blast! Bummed I can't make it to the WW race.

We decided to not try and do results for the NA race due to the DC's.

Was surprised to quali in 2nd in front of Bart :dopey:, and even more surprised when I stayed there for a lap or three. :P Around lap 3 or 4 @msgt-sd in 1st took the right side of the straight and Bart got the line to be in his draft before I could find it, so dropped back to 3rd. Next lap or so Bart got the lead and immediately binned it into the invisible wall leading into the double-right in T2. :ouch: I had nowhere to go even trying to go around on the grass, so braced for impact and spun Bart around so he was facing backwards, oops. :dunce: But I was able to stay ahead of the next pack of cars, Tenderly and Patrick. They caught me shortly and we had about 10 laps of back and forth turn 1 action, while Patrick waited for us to crash each other out. Tenderly came out of the pits about 5-6sec ahead of me, but I ran a bunch of low-mid 1'18's and caught him, and then more multi-lap battles happened. Eventually Bart caught Tenderly while I was leading, and then started hunting me down. With 5 laps left he was getting close to catching my draft and as I was staring into my mirror -- DC. :grumpy: Oh well, I expect these to go away at some point.

Here's some first few laps action (the last pic is from later, with Patrick/Tenderly):

Grand Valley East_4.jpg Grand Valley East_5.jpg Grand Valley East_6.jpg Grand Valley East_7.jpg Grand Valley East_8.jpg Grand Valley East_9.jpg

Great super-close racing everyone! :cheers:

Signed up for reserves. Might not make it :( as I'm going out for a meal tomorrow for my birthday. :D
Happy Birthday. All your DCs brought up the memory of a conversation with a computer server boffin who as an aside told me that while advertised as a side by side no holds barred race with all your buddies system the PD/SONY servers are not and DCs will inall likelihood happen when in close proximity to other cars which I assume is why the majority of DISCOs have happened when dicing passing or lapping when the system is over taxed. Does the same apply to fixed host ?

How do I copy a message from one thread to another...I have a long post on last nights GSCC race that is pertinent but don't want to hunt and peck.

Sorry for the double post..now know better

Last edited:
Either:

A) Just highlight the text from the other post, hit ctrl-C to copy the text to the clipboard buffer, then hit ctrl-V to paste it where ever you are wanting to copy it to
B) Hit "Reply" on your post and it will put all the text into the text input box. Then do the same thing (highlight, ctrl-C, ctrl-V)

BTW, Fixed Host is something we haven't tried because if the host DC's then the room blows up.

Either:

A) Just highlight the text from the other post, hit ctrl-C to copy the text to the clipboard buffer, then hit ctrl-V to paste it where ever you are wanting to copy it to
B) Hit "Reply" on your post and it will put all the text into the text input box. Then do the same thing (highlight, ctrl-C, ctrl-V)

BTW, Fixed Host is something we haven't tried because if the host DC's then the room blows up.
But, dear mentor, how many hosts have blown up..say in the last year. Just suggesting the system we use is FUBAR.

I don't think it's anywhere near FUBAR, except for the past few days, which are explained by the increased load on the servers/network due to everyone wanting to try out the new content, or some other "it's Sony's fault, not ours" reason.

I think the rate of DC's is about similar to what it was in GT5, so don't really see a reason to switch, unless there's evidence that Fixed Host makes DC's less likely?

But, dear mentor, how many hosts have blown up..say in the last year. Just suggesting the system we use is FUBAR.
Well for one the host of the last race(@Gravitron) DC'd not long before the race started. It may not happen often but it can happen, and if it happens at 3/4 distance the whole race is lost.

I don't think it's anywhere near FUBAR, except for the past few days, which are explained by the increased load on the servers/network due to everyone wanting to try out the new content, or some other "it's Sony's fault, not ours" reason.

I think the rate of DC's is about similar to what it was in GT5, so don't really see a reason to switch, unless there's evidence that Fixed Host makes DC's less likely?
Does anyone use Fixed Host. Why not do a non-counting fun race using it to make sure that we are not ignoring the FIX ...research if you will. I'd host but...I'm on copper (about 200 meters of it) off. the end of the FO network here.

This problem is happening to many people on GTPlanet, and all report it starting one or two days before the last update. DCs did happen before, but for the last few days it has been darn near impossible to stay in a lobby for any length of time. Hopefully it was related to the update and things will return to normal, which for the most part worked ok (except for the occasional disconnect).

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/server-stability.311632/

Last edited:
Nail-27 said
I raced last night in the new GSCC with Team Lightning in the Bottle. I had tested extensively . I did a check it out run in the afternoon checking mainly checking straight line speed, pit entry and exit. I DID NOT PRESS THE CAR IN THE INFIELD. The race started off we went. I turned in to the International Hairpin and the car smartly rotated in the direction of turn...and kept on rotating until I shot across the grass. HUH ?. The high speed kink was great....then IT DID IT AGAIN as I turned into the next right hander..this time I caught it. Gents the last upgrade had an update of car physics. If your cars were tuned before the upgrade they MAY have been UNTUNED OR RETUNED according to the new rules of Physics or your tweaks are simply inappropriate for the new rules that govern our motion .

The thing I REALLY HATE is cars doing unexpected Unpleasant things. It was a very long night. At first I thought maybe I loaded the wrong set up. Nope. After the race the main topic of discussion other than the normal GRs was how most setups had gone to the warm place in a basket.

Discussion on FGTA seems to center on ...."Chassis rigidity seems to make more of an impact on cars behaviour now as well. Unfortunately, once added you can't remove it, so if you don't like it with it installed, new car time!"

Redo/check your setups.

This REALLY sucked ...90 minutes of pitch and ALMOST catch... points for 5th...Oh boy...but...on second thought ..I'll take em. No DISCOs. Lost one guy to a local (his end) outage.

Practice room open!

1472-6118-3658-4760-3115

Closed!

Last edited:
Back