GTP_WRS-Online Event 22 : New ride for Daenerys

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 49 comments
Well after a bit of a bumpy start with room shenanigans we finally got everything going and the race went smoothly with no casualties which is always good news.

Quali was a bit marginal for me and I was really struggling to get to grips with the track again but managed to pull up into 5th on the grid which was going to mean a good race for me. Had a small coming together with @WhiteFlight1 in turn one on the first flying lap which turned out to be a blue screen for Jan that really compromised his race. After that I kept my head down and had a pretty good race with few incidents, finally got my strategy worked out this time. I was pretty lucky to overhaul Derek @turnupdaheat who had a coming together with the armco in the bus stop and I just squeezed by him, after gaining the lead spot I just had to put in clean laps and try to stay ahead of Derek who was really gaining on me at one point.

Great race everyone and thanks for making up the numbers, always so much more enjoyable when we have a good grid

Quali
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180502201213.jpg

Results

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180502211412.jpg

This just wasn't my race lol. I just watched the replay and I pretty much made a fool of myself. I'm sorry for the bluescreen, sorry to Sig, I crashed and in hindsight i should have moved right but things happened so fast. And i actually tried to just let monkeywall past since we had minor contact into t1. Didnt expect him up the inside. but when i was letting him by he ended up in the wall i guess it's my fault for choosing the wrong place. :irked:

This just wasn't my race lol. I just watched the replay and I pretty much made a fool of myself. I'm sorry for the bluescreen, sorry to Sig, I crashed and in hindsight i should have moved right but things happened so fast. And i actually tried to just let monkeywall past since we had minor contact into t1. Didnt expect him up the inside. but when i was letting him by he ended up in the wall i guess it's my fault for choosing the wrong place. :irked:

No apology needed Jan, just sorry that you had that blue screen. I haven't had that since I changed my wheel and it is so frustrating as there is nothing you can do when it happens.

Hope you had fun in the race anyway :cheers:

Guys i'll not make the NA races

he ended up in the wall i guess it's my fault for choosing the wrong place. :irked:

I remember that :lol: my fault i was thinking of the bus stop didn't pay attention to where you were positioned then lost control of my acceleration and hit then spun into the wall :dunce: took me 20laps before i started to pay attention

Having hauled myself from my pit for the NA race I found myself in a room full of scarily fast guys and made a surprisingly good qualifying grabbing pole. I should have quit while I was ahead :lol:

Race started and whilst I expected to get overhauled, I was holding my position well for a few laps then watching my rear view instead of the track I missed my turn in on the last hairpin and ran very wide. By the time I could safely reenter the track I was dead last and annoyed at myself I put my head down and started to chase. A bit too hard for a lap later I binned it in the bus stop and lost 30 seconds. From that point it was a case of just finishing with the thought that I might pick up a position if anyone else had misfortune.

First to fall to the bus stop was @Ph1sh and not long after @suprajef, overtaking both I was back in the hunt and putting in some good steady laps. @GTP_randy made a slip up with his fuel saving on the first stint and I knew then that he'd need to do an extra stop... Hope grew but I still had a hill to climb. After Randy's last stop I was 6 seconds behind him with only a handful of laps to go. 2nd from last he made a small error in the esses and I gained a couple of seconds on him but he was too much for me and I couldn't grab a podium spot.

Congrats to @turnupdaheat who got a brilliant win and to @mr_lab_rat and @GTP_randy who were just too darn fast.

I'm tired now, might have a nap or three :lol: :cheers:

Heh, my cars calculate the estimated remaining distance but it keeps changing depending on how I drive, hills, etc.
At least once a month I get to the gas station with the counter showing 0 (just like in online races) :)
I don't have an excuse, I have a gas station within a block from my house.

As far as the NA race it was great fun. I qualified mid pack but hoped to make a move up because I already ran two of these races and knew what it was going to take for fuel strategy.
I kept it together for the first part of the race and when the 3 stoppers made their first stop I found myself in second place behind @turnupdaheat
From there on it was a great battle for the win. We were never more than 2-3 seconds apart and swapped lead several times. On lap 30 I took advantage of his mistake in the bus stop only to outbrake myself into the hairpin right after that. I was still close enough for an attack but I completely binned it in the downhill section. With these mistakes under pressure I robbed ourselves of a close finish but it was still one of my best races in ORL.

Back