GTP_WRS-Online Event 23 : The Hills Are Alive With the Sound of AMG - July 2

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 83 comments
Part of the difference in time in my opinion is the length of the track and other factors mentioned below. Last week at Nurburgring I was over 10 seconds slower on line than in the TT. On most combos with shorter tracks I am slower by 1 to 2 seconds online vs TT mode. Some have theorized why the differences: online takes into account fuel weight, online has tire wear, and possibly different physics are at play.

Ned I've been waiting for you to show up at the TT's my friend...Regarding the difference, I was regularly clocking 2.06 and 07s at Silverstone with the senna F-3, last night the best I could do online was a 2.08, with a lot more 2.10's. So I guess it's around a second and a half for me...
Just under 2 Seconds for me from my best times in both.

Side note: it disappoints me greatly I didn't spend just a bit more time on the TT. I could have dropped another full second had I refined my lap just a touch more. I spent so much time getting Sector 1 right when I should have been letting it all hang out for S2 and S3.
Of course, I'm sure, everyone says that.

Ned I've been waiting for you to show up at the TT's my friend...Regarding the difference, I was regularly clocking 2.06 and 07s at Silverstone with the senna F-3, last night the best I could do online was a 2.08, with a lot more 2.10's. So I guess it's around a second and a half for me...
I was there but screwed up the fetchy thing. That won't happen again. Tried a new tune last night...got down to a 28.5 at Spielberg (sorry I can't call it Red Bull :irked:)so I'll be sure to post and fetchy this week early and then repost as I go along. But I really do like being the only D4 last at the races. :lol:

Just under 2 Seconds for me from my best times in both.

Side note: it disappoints me greatly I didn't spend just a bit more time on the TT. I could have dropped another full second had I refined my lap just a touch more. I spent so much time getting Sector 1 right when I should have been letting it all hang out for S2 and S3.
Of course, I'm sure, everyone says that.
Hey nice meeting you last night...do you have a mike.

Hey nice meeting you last night...do you have a mike.
Hey! That was YOU. I never made the connection...until now.
No, no mike for me. Yet, anyway. Up until now, I haven't needed one. I haven't raced online in GT6 at all.

Looks like it will be a small grid, but I'm looking forward to it. It will be my first WRS race.

I was there but screwed up the fetchy thing. That won't happen again. Tried a new tune last night...got down to a 28.5 at Spielberg (sorry I can't call it Red Bull :irked:)so I'll be sure to post and fetchy this week early and then repost as I go along. But I really do like being the only D4 last at the races. :lol:
If you're down into the 1:28s...you're D4 in name only. You'll be faster than me unless I push it more. I only ran one lap of 1:28.xxx and it was probably too close from my comfort level to do in the race unless I was desperate.

If I have 450ish miles on my AMG now, will I run into handling issues mid race due to body rigidity issues?

If I have 450ish miles on my AMG now, will I run into handling issues mid race due to body rigidity issues?

No your car will be fine rigidity wise for at least 750-1000miles depending on how much you used in in online mode.

Takes a while to get used to how things work but then is all plain sailing. People around here will always try to give you a hand so just ask when in doubt or in need :gtpflag:

Sorry for the delay.
Room open:1472-6681-3716-3554-8315

Last edited:
DC again....My PS3 really hates someone in the EU room. No more for me...sorry I REALLY LIKEED racing with you guys...hell I was up to the big gaggle and was looking forward to a race long econo duel. BTW was I punted in turn 2 if so it is customary to WAIT for the guy you hit...or was I lagging. No replay here...inquiring minds want to know.

Is anyone in the lobby and able to save the replay please

Went through pits twice, no stop. Room problems or no pit stop before lap 17 guys?
If you miss the pit lane entry and go over the grass, or maybe even pass the cone on the left side, it will penalise you and give you a drive through.

If you miss the pit lane entry and go over the grass, or maybe even pass the cone on the left side, it will penalise you and give you a drive through.

Knew that Bart I'm sure both times were right of the cone, way clear of the grass...but that's ok anyway

DC again. I am sure everybody has had a freeze in the end. I watched the race, in the end it froze up.

It was not about cone, slide, grass, speed, there was a min lap limit to pit. To bad I didn't knew that, i had 5 pits.......

There was no minimun lap limit for the pits, I pitted on lap 11 without a problem and a few pitted on lap 12 without a problem from what I seen in the race.

Where did it say about the minimun laps ?

There was no minimun lap limit for the pits, I pitted on lap 11 without a problem and a few pitted on lap 12 without a problem from what I seen in the race.

Where did it say about the minimun laps ?
It means that the only reasonable explanation is that the car should have been inside the pit line from where the pit line started. That's probably the mistake I made 3 times in a row.

The pit entry is fussy at the Red Bull ring. Thats why I mentioned it in the lounge to have a practice :), its on the same par as Tsukuba a nuisance.

It means that the only reasonable explanation is that the car should have been inside the pit line from where the pit line started. That's probably the mistake I made 3 times in a row.
I'd like some kind of confirmation on this because this isn't the case in Free Practice. So long as you are to the right of the cone and on the pavement, you can pit cleanly.

Back