GTP_WRS-Online Event 27 : Ferraris are Red

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 72 comments
Hmm, same.
I'm in but don't see the room.

Edit. Room I'd doesn't work for me either.

Edit2. I see the chat room, but it won't connect to it either, hmm

Trying another restart

I'm in but don't see the room.

Edit. Room I'd doesn't work for me either.

Edit2. I see the chat room, but it won't connect to it either, hmm

Trying another restart
Bad idea, now I can't connect to PSN again. Sigh. Just qualify, I don't mind starting at the back, if I even get in.

Also tried the friends only tick

Restarted 4 times now, don't think it's going to work. It shows me the psn status on the website and it states that gaming and social is down. Weird that it's just me.

Last edited:
just got home from work. Sucks that I missed out again and I have company tonight for the NBA Finals so I will miss the NA race also. Oh well hopefully I can make it for Saturday's WW race.

Disappointing turn out for the EU race tonight that was further impacted by PSN having an hissy fit just before the kick off time so we unfortunately lost @monoha who was locked out by the Sony network.

We still had a great race and things played out pretty well for me even though I screwed up quali and binned a lap that would have been close to the time that Dean @HAD2 set. I went long for the race and again did a 2 stop and I think I was the only one as most seemed to be going for the full out 3 stop strategy. The difference between them is really marginal and I messed up my first stint by running 15 laps instead of 14. That last lap was so painfully slow as my tyres were complete shot. The hidden benefit was that i could push a bit harder in the next stint as I had less fuel conservation to do and made up some of the lost time. I came out of the pits on my last stint and came straight into the path of Javier who had to take some emergency avoidance, so sorry Javier! Chris @Speedy6543 was 9+ second ahead as I started my last stint and I put my head down to start the chase finally getting an overtake on the second from last lap when Chris's tyres were almost done.

All in all it was a fun race and a good battle towards the end with Chris. Congrats to Dean on the win :cheers:

Quali

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180606201349.jpg

Results

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180606211757.jpg

Last edited:
Disappointing turn out for the EU race tonight that was further impacted by PSN having an hissy fit just before the kick off time so we unfortunately lost @monoha who was locked out by the Sony network.

We still had a great race and things played out pretty well for me even though I screwed up quali and binned a lap that would have been close to the time that Dean @HAD2 set. I went long for the race and again did a 2 stop and I think I was the only one as most seemed to be going for the full out 3 stop strategy. The difference between them is really marginal and I messed up my first stint by running 15 laps instead of 14. That last lap was so painfully slow as my tyres were complete shot. The hidden benefit was that i could push a bit harder in the next stint as I had less fuel conservation to do and made up some of the lost time. I came out of the pits on my last stint and came straight into the path of Javier who had to take some emergency avoidance, so sorry Javier! Chris @Speedy6543 was 9+ second ahead as I started my last stint and I put my head down to start the chase finally getting an overtake on the second from last lap when Chris's tyres were almost done.

All in all it was a fun race and a good battle towards the end with Chris. Congrats to Dean on the win :cheers:

Quali

View attachment 741625

Results

View attachment 741626
I actually had no idea what I was going to do as pit strategy. I figured 2 stop but had not made the calculations on which laps.
Quali went pretty good for me. +.030 to @Argon and -.030 to @roamer2629. Damn close if you ask me.
Made the mistake of going too fast in the beginning which is why I was so easy to catch by Mike at the end of the race.
I enjoyed the race very much. On to the next one allbeit in two weeks. :gtpflag:

I actually had no idea what I was going to do as pit strategy. I figured 2 stop but had not made the calculations on which laps.
Quali went pretty good for me. +.030 to @Argon and -.030 to @roamer2629. Damn close if you ask me.
Made the mistake of going too fast in the beginning which is why I was so easy to catch by Mike at the end of the race.
I enjoyed the race very much. On to the next one allbeit in two weeks. :gtpflag:
Those first 10 laps with Mike, you and me, racing very close was great fun. Both of you were much better than me with worn tires 👍

Back