GTP_WRS-Online Event 27 : Ferraris are Red

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 72 comments
Had some super close battles with @monoha for the first half of the race, I don't think we were ever more than a second or two apart and swapped places numerous times. Then after a mistake around lap 30 I fell back into the clutches of @suprajef who I hadn't realised had been reeling us in the whole race. So then had a good battle with him. To top it all off I ran out of fuel just as I was crossing the line! It was exhausting!

Starting the evening with still having to buy the car and steal a livery online I was up to speed where I was hoping to be, midpack. Lost a few places due to whiteflight missing his brakepoint going in to the fast hairpin but could make up for it shortly after. That's racing, everybody makes mistakes. Had some good batlles with Sig and Mike. Great turnout guys.

Was looking forward to this event ...until the lobby issues started happening and then at race start, low and behold I'm once again stuck on the grid!

Massively frustrated as it happens 8/10 times now and has left me seriously considering shelving this game!

Wednesdays race is GT sports last chance.

Was looking forward to this event ...until the lobby issues started happening and then at race start, low and behold I'm once again stuck on the grid!

Massively frustrated as it happens 8/10 times now and has left me seriously considering shelving this game!

Wednesdays race is GT sports last chance.
Is your PS4 LAN wired or are you on wireless connection? Have you put your PS4 in DMZ? Do you delete your cache in game?
Those are just the first things popping in my mind which solved some issues in the past.
It's a shame PD doesn't prioritise these issues...

Is your PS4 LAN wired or are you on wireless connection? Have you put your PS4 in DMZ? Do you delete your cache in game?
Those are just the first things popping in my mind which solved some issues in the past.

It's a big YES to all the above unfortunately and yes I'm wired to the router, which is why it's so frustrating!

I just want to race, but PD seem reluctant to let it happen :boggled::(

Last edited:

Got the same thing as @Crispy74 and checked all of the above. there is nothing more that i can do on my side to smoothen things out. And like @Crispy74 i consider shelving the game because its unplayable at the moment. if i don't get stuck on grid that i get terrorized by the PSN menu bug which warps me back and forward. and next to that i cant leave my fuelmap on without the game itself changing the fuel map. I have to say i'm very dissapointed in PD and their lack of patching major malfunctions.

i made this thread and tried not to make it cynical towards pd because in the end of the day i want the 🤬 to get resolved

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...om-map-changes-random-ps-menu-changes.378675/

Couldn't it be some behind the scene internet service provider restrictions/limitations that causes these issues?

Back in the 00's I played Civilization 3 online a lot and depending if I played at my own place or my friends place, on the same PC and user, I would have connection conflicts with certain other users. We pseudo concluded it wasn't the game/server design, but the ISP that caused it. The ISP that gave me issues was the internet at home, which was provided by my university with 100mbit fiber.

Last edited:
Couldn't it be some behind the scene internet service provider restrictions/limitations that causes these issues?

Back in the 00's I played Civilization 3 online a lot and depending if I played at my own place or my friends place, on the same PC and user, I would have connection conflicts with certain other users. We pseudo concluded it wasn't the game/server design, but the ISP that caused it. The ISP that gave me issues was the internet at home, which was provided by my university.
Nope its something that has been around for various players since 2013. I have been at the business end of it before but never as many times like this. I also switched isp's frome phone to cable

Back in the 00's I played Civilization 3 online a lot and depending if I played at my own place or my friends place, on the same PC and user, I would have connection conflicts with certain other users. We pseudo concluded it wasn't the game/server design, but the ISP that caused it. The ISP that gave me issues was the internet at home, which was provided by my university with 100mbit fiber.

I had thought about that, but GT sport is literally the only game I'm having these issues with which is a real shame. Even with PCARS2, (which I've seen reports of various issues with their online also), has been a pretty much perfect experience for me with the odd glitch.

I hope something gets done about it as I really enjoy racing with you guys ...when I'm not stuck. Let's see how things proceed!

It occurred to me,in the midst of all the toings and froings as people left the room numerous times , that 8 of us had absolutely no idea what the f was going on. Yes we knew there were visibility problems but who couldn’t see who? I know this seems to be a sore subject, but why are we not using Discord where we all can talk to each other. The VRR even uses the chat feature instead of having a “main” thread. Guys it really works well.

Second idea. Our rules state that when we get more than X number of players in the room, we split the room and have two races and that the room will be split by handicap. How about when we have a large room and there are numerous visibility issues that those who have vis issues are split off into a second room and then some of us who never have issues with anyone are added, as necessary, to make up the numbers. I do realize that this is an added load for both the host and the data mongerers but is it not better to race with 8 guys than to not race at all.

And....best of all...a huge shout out to @dranddad for joining my chat and mother hening me around the track and increasing my knowledge of the track and use use of physics . It was a pleasure Phillip.

Lastly, ( I’m almost done :D) we really need flags on. There were at least three of us who were lapped by the front three or four numerous times ( as they pitted) and while involved in our own little tussles never even thought to ( or had time to :crazy:) be watching our mirrors. The Blue Flag feature is WONDERFUL. Lets use it. And a profound “oops my bad” to anyone I impeded “

Done now...:lol:

It occurred to me,in the midst of all the toings and froings as people left the room numerous times , that 8 of us had absolutely no idea what the f was going on. Yes we knew there were visibility problems but who couldn’t see who? I know this seems to be a sore subject, but why are we not using Discord where we all can talk to each other. The VRR even uses the chat feature instead of having a “main” thread. Guys it really works well.

Second idea. Our rules state that when we get more than X number of players in the room, we split the room and have two races and that the room will be split by handicap. How about when we have a large room and there are numerous visibility issues that those who have vis issues are split off into a second room and then some of us who never have issues with anyone are added, as necessary, to make up the numbers. I do realize that this is an added load for both the host and the data mongerers but is it not better to race with 8 guys than to not race at all.

And....best of all...a huge shout out to @dranddad for joining my chat and mother hening me around the track and increasing my knowledge of the track and use use of physics . It was a pleasure Phillip.

Lastly, ( I’m almost done :D) we really need flags on. There were at least three of us who were lapped by the front three or four numerous times ( as they pitted) and while involved in our own little tussles never even thought to ( or had time to :crazy:) be watching our mirrors. The Blue Flag feature is WONDERFUL. Lets use it. And a profound “oops my bad” to anyone I impeded “

Done now...:lol:
Re discord: I'm willing to try that. I have a dual bluetooth headset now so it should work without me having to put an earbud underneath my headset. Others do have to be willing aswell ofcourse.

Re invisibility issues: I would rather just go ahead with the race instead of trying to fix those who don't see one another. The guys who don't see eachother won't be affected by it during the race. Worst thing happening is someone else who can see both drivers, and they happen to be on the same spot on track, will see those cars fighting for the same spot with quite hilarious moments from time to time.

Re discord: I'm willing to try that. I have a dual bluetooth headset now so it should work without me having to put an earbud underneath my headset. Others do have to be willing aswell ofcourse.

Re invisibility issues: I would rather just go ahead with the race instead of trying to fix those who don't see one another. The guys who don't see eachother won't be affected by it during the race. Worst thing happening is someone else who can see both drivers, and they happen to be on the same spot on track, will see those cars fighting for the same spot with quite hilarious moments from time to time.
Actually one of the guys who can't see each other will be stuck on the grid or in auto drive. It's not like GT6. You will loose racers each time you decide to go ahead anyway. But that is your call to make.

Actually one of the guys who can't see each other will be stuck on the grid or in auto drive. It's not like GT6. You will loose racers each time you decide to go ahead anyway. But that is your call to make.
The question is always why can't they see eachother? The most anoying thing is trying to fix something without knowing the cause.
Ofcourse I understand it's easy for me to say 'go ahead' when I'm not affected.
It has never been easy trying to do well for everybody. People who don't have issues are endlessly waiting in the pits to start quali and people affected by one bug or another are trying to get it fixed without knowing the cure.

The question is always why can't they see eachother? The most anoying thing is trying to fix something without knowing the cause.
Ofcourse I understand it's easy for me to say 'go ahead' when I'm not affected.
It has never been easy trying to do well for everybody. People who don't have issues are endlessly waiting in the pits to start quali and people affected by one bug or another are trying to get it fixed without knowing the cure.
Agreed, and I'll gladly miss a race for the benefit of the majority, and I know you are doing your best with the hand PD dealt. But it's no longer as harmless as it used to be.

Back