GTP_WRS-Online Event 37 : Cuore Sportivo

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 40 comments
Well we should probably mark this one in the calendar and celebrate every year...a completely problem free lobby with no hitches, hiccups, or weirdness that I was aware of.

Quali went as well as it could for me grabbing pole but then I threw that away on the first corner. Chris @Speedy6543 managed to get around me and left me chasing him hard for a couple of laps until he made an uncustomary slip and opened the door for me to regain the lead. I almost threw it away again when I over rotated and drove into the armco. Was lucky to have a big enough gap to maintain the lead but that forced me to calm down for the rest of the race. I went for the two stop strategy and managed to get two long stints in which meant my last one was full out with no fuel saving and that seemed to work quite well.

And just in case you were wondering, yes you can one stop the race! Pekka @MadMax proved that tonight and remarkably I think he managed to get something like 15 laps out of those tyres but don't ask me how because mine were completely shot after 10 laps.

Thanks for the race everyone :cheers:

Qualification:
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180815200851.jpg

Results:
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180815210845.jpg

I am sorry to report that our NA race was not problem free...:(

@Argon Mike was unable to see @roamer2629 Javier and when one driver can't see another, that usually means someone will be stuck at the start of the race. Once again, Javier was stuck in Auto Drive and he decided to leave the race. This is so frustrating to all of us but I am sure Javier is at the end of his rope with PD / Sony. :irked::irked::irked:

I am still learning to be a host and I was very happy that Mike stayed up late to lend me a hand as the problems mounted...as well as @suprajef Jeff. Thanks Guys!! :)

A BIG thank you to @hirnsauger69 Guido for joining the race as well...👍

Rounding out the room was @DirtBagMagoo Andy and @ColinNZ Colin...it was great to meet both of you and chat. :)

The race was good fun as Mike was able to overcome a small mistake to claim his second victory of the day! 👍 Colin was amazing and I was unable to stay with him...well done mate!! :bowdown:

Again, Thank you all for joining the NA Race...:cheers:

Quali:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180815194313.jpg

Results:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180815205255.jpg

Yeah well, I've had enough. I'm not gonna keep wasting my time and other's anymore. I'm only gonna race if I'm hosting which is the only way I can race.
Been a GT loyal user since GT2 and only buy a new console to play it. They had 7 years to develop this game and they still messed it up. The worst is the absolute silence from PD who doesn't even acknowledge the problem is a very real one.
So long guys it was great fun while it lasted.

Yeah well, I've had enough. I'm not gonna keep wasting my time and other's anymore. I'm only gonna race if I'm hosting which is the only way I can race.
Been a GT loyal user since GT2 and only buy a new console to play it. They had 7 years to develop this game and they still messed it up. The worst is the absolute silence from PD who doesn't even acknowledge the problem is a very real one.
Well how about making Javier the NA host for ever. He’s already the RR host for the very same reason and so far he’s 4-1 with the one time we had a stuckee, not Javier, I took over and we went w/o issue. There seems to be a reason that if the weakest or most distant player is host, problems turn to assets. One of you technical boffins ought to look into this or forward this up the chain...it may be the temporary fix for our problems. Untill then Javier is my fav host :sly:

Last edited:

I was aware we had an issue before we started and said that I was going to leave if anyone got stuck especially uou as I couldn't see you in the room but as soon as we had the failed start and quit I tried to see you on-line to tell you to join and I'd leave but you'd logged off

Sorry you missed out again Javier :(

I was aware we had an issue before we started and said that I was going to leave if anyone got stuck especially uou as I couldn't see you in the room but as soon as we had the failed start and quit I tried to see you on-line to tell you to join and I'd leave but you'd logged off

Sorry you missed out again Javier :(

This is my bad as I should have typed a message to Javier telling him you would leave the room if a problem developed...:embarrassed:
None of this is your fault guys, I'm the one causing the issues why would anyone else have to get the shortest straw? I aprecciate the support people, the only reason I'm still around is the community really.

Back