GTP_WRS Online Event : 43 : Konichiwa #GT500

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 55 comments
I enjoyed last night, i have to admit i didn't read the event settings about it being sprints etc. I would normally do it before opening a practice. Going to make sure i read it when registering. @Argon how about a little reminder about formation lap, distance etc before Q. It might help prevent any confusion.

@GTP_Nail no problem ned always happy to help. Was thinking of going for a lap and doing that but the speed freak in me took over :lol:

@Goldomor that little battle was some fun side by side through 4 or 5 corners.

I enjoyed last night, i have to admit i didn't read the event settings about it being sprints etc. I would normally do it before opening a practice. Going to make sure i read it when registering. @Argon how about a little reminder about formation lap, distance etc before Q. It might help prevent any confusion.

@GTP_Nail no problem ned always happy to help. Was thinking of going for a lap and doing that but the speed freak in me took over :lol:

Ummm....how about reading the race post beforehand then no one gets confused, there is a whole bunch of things we do as lobby stewards the last thing I want to do is re-type all of the race rules each time I host a room. The least you can do is a little reading especially after our OLR stewards put a lot of time trying to make sure everything is there in black and white. Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh but hope you get what I mean ;)

Ummm....how about reading the race post beforehand then no one gets confused, there is a whole bunch of things we do as lobby stewards the last thing I want to do is re-type all of the race rules each time I host a room. The least you can do is a little reading especially after our OLR stewards put a lot of time trying to make sure everything is there in black and white. Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh but hope you get what I mean ;)

I get what you mean and you're right we should be reading it. Especially someone like myself who's be taking part on and off for 2 years. I didn't mean go over everything. Just something like 'remember formation lap' or 'grid start'. We do sometimes get the odd guy flying off at the start.

It definitely was a lot of fun. Every race was very intense from start till finish. Especially with @monkeywall, @Meister Fetz and @roamer2629 either in my back or in front of me. Also @GTP_Nail gave me the the opportunity to practice patience and clean overtaking skills. Liked that part too. Some thought it might have been better to make one longer race than 3 short ones. I don't think it would have been that intense if we would've done that. (But yes, the technical issues made things take longer than they should've.) As much as I like longer races. Once in a while this is fun too.

I've crashed the old room and re-opened a new one

0474-5743-2852-5770-6564

PSN Chat open too (Argon56)

Lobby was much better today and we had almost no issue which was great. We even had a decent grid and ran all 3 sprints although It made for a really long session and I had to rush folks a bit to get it done in 2 hours.

We welcomed Joe @Pigpen13 to his first OLR with the WRS and he put in a solid drive in all 3 sprints even though this combo is one of the more tricky ones we've had recently. By the final sprint he was putting in some really solid laps with some great times.

Congratulations to Markus @Goldomor for 2 wins and Sig @Siggers for breaking Markus's run and taking the final sprint.

Qualification
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180922210740.jpg

Sprint 1
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180922213034.jpg

Sprint 2
Starting grid was reverse order based on sprint 1 results

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180922215515.jpg

Sprint 3
Starting grid was reverse order based on sprint 1 results

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180922222429.jpg

I get what you mean and you're right we should be reading it. Especially someone like myself who's be taking part on and off for 2 years. I didn't mean go over everything. Just something like 'remember formation lap' or 'grid start'. We do sometimes get the odd guy flying off at the start.
We have ALLWAYS restated the start procedue on the grid. It was not necessarily the room host...it was a friendly reminder for the rest of us, especially new guys, not to make fools of ourselves. While not a procedure it is a technique that has been utilized for the last five years....in any case...it sure was funny!!!

We have ALLWAYS restated the start procedue on the grid. It was not necessarily the room host...it was a friendly reminder for the rest of us, especially new guys, not to make fools of ourselves. While not a procedure it is a technique that has been utilized for the last five years....in any case...it sure was funny!!!
No we haven't and I would still like people to read the race post

Back