GTP_WRS-Online Event 50 : Yo, Check Out My Taillights, Bro - Jan 3rd & 7th

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 75 comments
Trying to get in the room, had black screen and had to restart game/console.

Now just stuck on "Connecting to Server". Booted back to home page, told me I need to sign into PSN, even though I am.

Black screen full console freeze up at end of quali, had to hit the power button to restart, XMB would not even work.

Thanks for trying, hopefully Wednesday goes better.

I had a temp hit to the power, which knocked monitor off but game kept running. I had to power PS3 off as I could not see anything but I could hear that my car was still on track. I hope that I did not cause anyone any issues. That was such a fun race, I wish I could have finished it.

Sorry guys, got a migraine as soon as the race started. Tried to soldier through but after the first 15 laps watching the tv was becoming quite painful. I decided to bail after the first pitstop. Really sad because I was looking forward to this race the whole week :banghead:

Despite the connection issues, this race was one to remember. 👍

A couple pics:

Tsukuba Circuit_6.jpg Tsukuba Circuit_7.jpg

Yeh was a nice race for me as well, good battles and a nice race pace... Two stops was for me the best strategy but didn't put in enough gasoline soo had to make an extra stop at the and dropped from 2nd place to 7th :grumpy:
But I enjoyed the race a lot for and a change to fight up front instead driving in the backfield ;)
I am looking forward to the next race.....
:cheers:

about 50-60 minutes prior to the race the room #s and driver assignments will be published to the thread.

Can someone clarify this for me, which thread? (This one, another, on a GTP WRS thread)

New to WRS and this will be my first race. Been reading up on as much as I can to get familiar with everything.

about 50-60 minutes prior to the race the room #s and driver assignments will be published to the thread.

Can someone clarify this for me, which thread? (This one, another, on a GTP WRS thread)

New to WRS and this will be my first race. Been reading up on as much as I can to get familiar with everything.
With 8 confirmed and 4 reserves for the EU race, it will most likely be in 1 room, in the GTP_WRS club. That snippet you quoted is only if we have to split into multiple rooms, and yes, it would be posted in this thread.

With 8 confirmed and 4 reserves for the EU race, it will most likely be in 1 room, in the GTP_WRS club. That snippet you quoted is only if we have to split into multiple rooms, and yes, it would be posted in this thread.

I was thinking that, Cheers for clearing it up.

There is a race in the GTPlanet Event lobby in 45 minutes in case anyone needs some practice race laps. Check the race settings for any changes in the details.

So i tried to submit my time and unfortunately i have run with the wrong settings. :boggled:

Well, i didn't realize it until now, and i have drove the online race with the wrong camber and toe settings.

changed to standard settings and was .250 slower, maybe minus .1 for the amount of beer but it's definitely slower.

Submitted and accepted with these splits

I wanted to practice but can't get on PSN. Anyone else having problems where they live?

Edit: Practice room closed in club.

Last edited:
Looking forward to racing for the first time with all of you in the EU event. Been through the comprehensive guide and the OLR a few times over the week.

That said I am a rookie so will be taking it easy until the race settles and hopefully won't get in the way. If there's anything you think I should be aware of please feel free to let me know.

I won't have a mic this time (never for the race) and just so your aware my DFGT on the rare occasion has started to change up 2 gears instead of 1. (maybe the best tatic would have been to keep the later to myself)

Happy racing and see you on track. :gtpflag:

Looking forward to racing for the first time with all of you in the EU event. Been through the comprehensive guide and the OLR a few times over the week.

That said I am a rookie so will be taking it easy until the race settles and hopefully won't get in the way. If there's anything you think I should be aware of please feel free to let me know.

I won't have a mic this time (never for the race) and just so your aware my DFGT on the rare occasion has started to change up 2 gears instead of 1. (maybe the best tatic would have been to keep the later to myself)

Happy racing and see you on track. :gtpflag:

Welcome! Great job on reading up on the guidelines and rules. Just keep in mind that we have a formation lap, no overtaking and keep behind the car that is placed in front of you in a staggered formation. The start is when that driver placed in front of you accelerates, not when the front of the pack accelerates. The pole sitter will accelerate when he crosses the timing line.

EU race room open in the GTP_WRS club.

Really sorry guys, something weird happened. first I got thrown out of the pit on the way in,i had slowed down going in and the computer had took control and ended up on track again, then tried the pits again ended up out of the race. :(

All i can do is try again next time if you'll have me :bowdown:

Once again sorry guys

Back