GTP_WRS-Online Event 54 : Spooning Ascari - Jan 31st & Feb 4th

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 72 comments
That sucks, I'll be online in about 15 minutes, do you want to run come career championship practice?

Sorry @Gravitron for not making it clear that I was not going to make the race tonight. I was sort of rushed to post the msg and did not put much thought into my choice of words.

Just a note of thanks to Drew and Jonathan...it was an absolute pleasure to race with you guys tonight. The one thing I really love about WRS is that the threat of a wild crazed pass attempt is nigh nonexistant and racing becomes much more fun ( it is, of course, still moderately to extremely stressfull to have two guys filling ones mirrors :eek: ).

I'll be spending more time in WRS from now on. My racing attitude and ability has reached another level which makes it fun to race here again. I left mainly to get as much experience as I could quickly. If I had been smart I would have created a boost room of my own last spring in which to practice and saved myself entirely too much agro, racing damn near ever night of the week :banghead:.

And... What was I thinking ....partnering with Bart in WGTC....well at least I mastered the quite misunderstood art of getting lapped cleanly, and I can drive a beastly mid-rear car now without wetting my pants:crazy:.

With my reduced schedule I'll be back to the TT to see if I can progress there a bit too.

Thanks again to all. Tonight was my first real race in two months and it was great to be back among friends.

Cheers and check 6 from the ole fhart.

Was good to have you back, Ned. :cheers: And good to see a few new faces as well. :) Really enjoyed seeing Al again and hearing about his well-deserved retirement, too. :bowdown:

Firstly I have to apologise to Alibubba9 and Friday_GTRP. It was brought to my attention I performed a sneaky inappropriate move on the 2 of you on lap 3. I never noticed the bump with Friday at the hairpin and just kept going I understand I should have not even attempted it. Will do my best in future to stick to the OLR.

Secondly, brilliant race :gtpflag:

Congrats Bart on winning EU and slacking off *juuuust* the right amount to keep me behind you in the overall. :lol:

Great drives Patrick and Ruz in the NA, and @Friday_GTRP (+11 :eek:) and @skyline1683 in EU, for your podiums. :cheers:

I can't believe how polar-opposite my WW and NA races were. :dunce:

There were a couple incidents to review in the EU, but the drivers are new to racing with us, so they get just a slap on the wrist for the first-time offenses. They have learned from their mistakes and will do better next time. 👍

gt6-event054-eu.PNG

gt6-event054-na.PNG

gt6-event054-merged.PNG

I'm surprised, just noticed that monkeywall raced in EU. I didnt see him

It was he same for me. As qualifying was about to start I noticed that I couldn't see 3 drivers. The stewards where kind enough to let me race and luckily as the race went on I didn't get close to any driver I couldn't see.

It was he same for me. As qualifying was about to start I noticed that I couldn't see 3 drivers. The stewards where kind enough to let me race and luckily as the race went on I didn't get close to any driver I couldn't see.

I did see your car bouncing off another, it was fortunate that no ones race was affected.

Al

Back