GTP_WRS-Online Event 54 : Spooning Ascari - Jan 31st & Feb 4th

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gravitron
  • 72 comments
  • 5,420 views
That sucks, I'll be online in about 15 minutes, do you want to run come career championship practice?
 
Sorry @Gravitron for not making it clear that I was not going to make the race tonight. I was sort of rushed to post the msg and did not put much thought into my choice of words.
 
Just a note of thanks to Drew and Jonathan...it was an absolute pleasure to race with you guys tonight. The one thing I really love about WRS is that the threat of a wild crazed pass attempt is nigh nonexistant and racing becomes much more fun ( it is, of course, still moderately to extremely stressfull to have two guys filling ones mirrors :eek: ).

I'll be spending more time in WRS from now on. My racing attitude and ability has reached another level which makes it fun to race here again. I left mainly to get as much experience as I could quickly. If I had been smart I would have created a boost room of my own last spring in which to practice and saved myself entirely too much agro, racing damn near ever night of the week :banghead:.

And... What was I thinking ....partnering with Bart in WGTC....well at least I mastered the quite misunderstood art of getting lapped cleanly, and I can drive a beastly mid-rear car now without wetting my pants:crazy:.

With my reduced schedule I'll be back to the TT to see if I can progress there a bit too.

Thanks again to all. Tonight was my first real race in two months and it was great to be back among friends.

Cheers and check 6 from the ole fhart.
 
Was good to have you back, Ned. :cheers: And good to see a few new faces as well. :) Really enjoyed seeing Al again and hearing about his well-deserved retirement, too. :bowdown:
 
That sucks, I'll be online in about 15 minutes, do you want to run come career championship practice?

Sorry Mike it was 20 to 1am went straight to bed
 
Good Race everyone last night! It was a tough one at ascari! Great racing everyone! Congrats to @Gravitron on your win! 👍
 
Firstly I have to apologise to Alibubba9 and Friday_GTRP. It was brought to my attention I performed a sneaky inappropriate move on the 2 of you on lap 3. I never noticed the bump with Friday at the hairpin and just kept going I understand I should have not even attempted it. Will do my best in future to stick to the OLR.

Secondly, brilliant race :gtpflag:
 
Congrats Bart on winning EU and slacking off *juuuust* the right amount to keep me behind you in the overall. :lol:

Great drives Patrick and Ruz in the NA, and @Friday_GTRP (+11 :eek:) and @skyline1683 in EU, for your podiums. :cheers:

I can't believe how polar-opposite my WW and NA races were. :dunce:

There were a couple incidents to review in the EU, but the drivers are new to racing with us, so they get just a slap on the wrist for the first-time offenses. They have learned from their mistakes and will do better next time. 👍


gt6-event054-eu.PNG

gt6-event054-na.PNG

gt6-event054-merged.PNG
 
I'm surprised, just noticed that monkeywall raced in EU. I didnt see him
 
I'm surprised, just noticed that monkeywall raced in EU. I didnt see him

It was he same for me. As qualifying was about to start I noticed that I couldn't see 3 drivers. The stewards where kind enough to let me race and luckily as the race went on I didn't get close to any driver I couldn't see.
 
It was he same for me. As qualifying was about to start I noticed that I couldn't see 3 drivers. The stewards where kind enough to let me race and luckily as the race went on I didn't get close to any driver I couldn't see.


I did see your car bouncing off another, it was fortunate that no ones race was affected.

Al
 
I did see your car bouncing off another, it was fortunate that no ones race was affected.

Al


Yes :lol: that car I could see, it was a little to much enthusiasm on my part. :guilty:
 
Last edited:
Back