GTP_WRS-Online Event 61 : Ramming Speed - Mar 21 & 25

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 55 comments
Well, a surprising result for my first ever race! Didn't think I would even do remotely as good as third. I was running fourth on the last lap, and @w-g-e ran out of fuel, luckily for me and unfortunately for him. :( Your finish here depends on your fuel strategy and how much fuel you save. Can't wait for the next one! :cheers:

A bit sick after the temperature dropped 20C in two days :ill:. Will run NA if feel a little better.
Update: Not feeling well at all. Canceled for tonight.

Last edited:
Pit strategy does come in to play... All drivers be warned. :P

i saw how fast it comes out of the pits :D considering TC, or ASM for this event and 1-stop strategy. :scared:

TC is not really needed, ASM slows you down (at least 1 second per lap, I tried). Set your brakes soft (2/5) and go for a one stop (you need to save fuel to make it 13 laps). Slow down early for the pit entry.

thanks mike, i fear of disaster :D and i meant when the truck approaches the tight pit-out road in the hairpin :D

i saw how fast it comes out of the pits :D considering TC, or ASM for this event and 1-stop strategy. :scared:
You don't need any assists, nor does the truck come out that fast. It creeps around the inner part of the first turn. Also, a one stop will work if you are able to save enough fuel. If you don't, two stops are needed. When I ran on Saturday, @w-g-e tried to go with one stop and ran out on the last lap. :dunce:

I would enter, but I'm a bit busy with school work today. :(

Let's get the WW results out of the way before the final race starts. NA race room open, btw.

Congrats Ruz on a bit of an inherited win, with Les and POLISET having fuel and handbrake issues - POLISET has been penalized 15sec due to handbrake tapping in the tight corners. He had read the rule in the OLR/OP but did not remember it while racing.

gt6-event061-ww-jpg.336138

3rd step of the podium in my inaugural race! :dunce: Totally unexpected! Congrats Ruz!

Looks like this is not going to work for me tonight. Wish I could race, but the PSN just does not agree with me anymore.

I guess I'll go run some of the NSX combo.

Had invisiblity issues beyond your troubles, Kev, we're making a new room.

Had invisiblity issues beyond your troubles, Kev, we're making a new room.
Welp, looked back here much too late for that.

I really don't think it was going to work for me tonight, anyhow. Anytime it's been this bad, it's been hopeless.

We had some more hiccups but eventually ran the race without connection issues (other than getting DC's right after the race and not being able to save my replay).

Well, crap, if I practised this combo and did the TT, maybe I would have bumped up the count of racers. I feel bad for Pekka now...

Fun race and combo, Pekka. The one stop strategy was a lot of fun to get right. I felt like it was a chess game of when to push and when to save fuel. We were within 3 seconds for 95% of the race :)

Latest Posts

Back