GTP_WRS-Online Event 78 : Una Notte con Giulia nella Citta - July 18 and 22

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 40 comments
One of the best race I ever had - thanks to @Gravitron :cheers:
Top 5, for sure. 👍 Great drive, you definitely would have pulled away without the DRAFT. :embarrassed: A pleasure to go door-to-door. :cheers:

Grid/formation and finish pics for NA:

full

full

Worst race i do in WRS. Cant understand what happen until race finish

Tell me about it. It would have been a great race, and was until lap 38 I think.

I held fourth for most of that race until I saw that Ren had pitted and was putting I'm some quick laps. So around lap 24 I came in as the 3 guys in front and myself were bunching up and losing time to Ren, who was catching quickly. Caught the pack with a few laps to go and as I had more grip made it back to 4th reasonably quick. The race was on, coming into turn 3 on lap 38 I had a nose at taking the lead cars down the inside when there's a big bang from behind, followed by my car facing the wall!!

Thanks for waiting @GTP_Jonjig and GTP_Jammy, even though you guys weren't the cause. Racing incident I guess, but I was so incensed at loosing out on what could have been a win...maybe, that I span again the lap after and promptly done a Senna at Monaco '88...parked up and left.

Sorry for leaving like that guys, I don't usually get that annoyed! Anyway, on to the next event 👍

Last edited:
You were way too aggressive there - that was so called Dive bombing 👎
You took almost all three leading cars out and I was one who suffered most.
The race was on, coming into turn 3 on lap 38 I had a nose at taking the lead cars down the inside when there's a big bang, followed by my car facing the wall!!

Thanks for waiting @GTP_Jonjig and GTP_Jammy, even though you guys weren't the cause. Racing incident I guess, but I was so incensed at loosing out on what could have been a win..

I disagree that the Eu race was the worst ever. Ok, it was a shame what happened at the end, and we'll never know who would really have won ;).. but with the settings we used it was insanely hard to make an overtake stick , so the planning and execution had to be well thought through, which I actually enjoyed.
Congrats on the na win @jammy21 👍.

You were way too aggressive there - that was so called Dive bombing 👎
You took almost all three leading cars out and I was one who suffered most.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree there Jammy. Sorry if you thought that was a dive bomb, but I was late on the brakes got caught out and tagged you, and you tagged Jon as a result. I was looking at the inside, but it was far too tight to pull it off, but by then it was too late and contact was made. And saying I almost took out all 3 leading cars is more than a bit of an exaggeration! Although I take full responsibility for the initial contact with you, and I do apologise, it was a racing incident.

Last edited:
That setting made it difficult to judge whether a speed difference was sufficient when overtaking. Which I attribute as a reason for about one bump from my side (out of a couple of them). YMMV.

For me is worst no fun. Because i try push hard but its too easy the catch me. Same for you guys. When i was at the back really easy to catch. No important how you drive. Just stay back.

Crash at the end bit bad. İts really late for breaking ithink, i feel it and go wide so im not contact with anyone. Dont want to wait because i plan not finish the race

Boost is unfair. Might go a long way towards close racing but it also turns results meaningless. Parity racing in any incarnation is a better option, because everyone has a fighting chance while mistakes are still costly
Regarding the incidents, it was easy to loose control partially when you went away from the driving line so it's probably a good idea to let someone not involved have a look at the replay before jumping to conclusions.
Ufhhh too serious :D Starting to sound just like my british headmasters in high school :lol:
After clocking lap after lap on WW I couldn't focus at all last night. Some days are better than others.

Back