GTP_WRS-Online Event 80 : 2D Is All You Need - August 1 & 5

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 48 comments
🤬 froze right before the formation lap. Go on then.

Sorry Mate, wish you could have stayed...:(

That was another good one.. Tough car though.. Hard to keep straight for 50 laps..
Wish I could join you every Wednesday but cant unfortunately..

Hey guys I am under the weather and will pass on this afternoon, but may make the night race. Post here if you need a body to make the race a counter
Hope you feel better, Ned. We have enough for a "counter".

:P
so what happened to drew at the end?

My TV somehow froze in the braking zone for the last turn. No picture or sound. I thought I had DC'd but when I realized what happened I ghosted. They told me I lost by 2 seconds :(

My TV somehow froze in the braking zone for the last turn. No picture or sound. I thought I had DC'd but when I realized what happened I ghosted. They told me I lost by 2 seconds :(
Thats shame. I thought you ran out of fuel.If you had ghosted while entering pits instead of staying on track you could have easily won.

Thats shame. I thought you ran out of fuel.If you had ghosted while entering pits instead of staying on track you could have easily won.
That's some bad luck, Drew. :( You probably were in the 59's & 60's on most laps. 👍

Well done, @Iceman220 Ruz on nabbing the win! :cheers:

That's some bad luck, Drew. :( You probably were in the 59's & 60's on most laps. 👍

Well done, @Iceman220 Ruz on nabbing the win! :cheers:
Thanks. I had to save a lots of fuel to make an extra lap. I did not care about fuel when I saw that drew was limping through last couple of corners when I was exiting stowe.

I "rode" with Patrick after he spun and his dice with Pekka was quite interesting. Pekka's ability to save almost 90 degree tank slappers was quite entertaining . And they both pitted on different laps and ended up in almost identical positions...lol

Patrick your style was astoundingly smooth....Pekka....yours not so much....but you get the Oscar for entertainment value....different strokes for different folks as they say.

Great combo....I actually got around 45 minutes practice with Pekka ( BTW am I spelling that right?) and went from Four's to two's and there was more to come...oh well.

I' m off to the TT...

An up followed by a down for me in last night's EU race!

After getting pole, and pulling away from @Friday_GTRP during the first few laps, I managed to lose the lead after spinning in the exit of turn 1 as the tyres started loosing grip. Got the lead back after pitting and went ok again whilst the grip was there, but spinning off happened several times again as the tyres went off and I dropped right back, struggling with the car.

Apologies for quitting guys, but I was having such a nightmare that it stopped being fun driving, and it didn't help it was like a sauna in my room last night. The more I struggled, the more hot n bothered I got.

Well done @Friday_GTRP for taking the win :cheers:

Thanks @Crispy74 , since i had no practice with this combo i was strugling to have consistent lap times until after the first half of the race. After 2nd pitstop i found my rhythm and managed to pull out the 59's in a row.

This was a very difficult combo espescialy on worn tyres.

Thanks @Crispy74 , since i had no practice with this combo i was strugling to have consistent lap times until after the first half of the race. After 2nd pitstop i found my rhythm and managed to pull out the 59's in a row.

Try having @PASM behind you for 8 laps on worn tyres and picking your way past back markers that really made it interesting

It was a bit difficult but not as hard as the BTR @ brands hatch indy few months ago :crazy:

It was a bit difficult but not as hard as the BTR @ brands hatch indy few months ago :crazy:
Agree, just take it easy and wait for mistakes. Or...make mistakes. :lol: Good wins, Ruz & Danny @Friday_GTRP. :cheers:

Congrats to the podiums @MadMax, @monkeywall, & @Bleached (fix yer equipment:P)!!!

gt6-event080-eu.PNG

gt6-event080-na.PNG

gt6-event080-merged.PNG

Latest Posts

Back