GTP_WRS-Online Event 81 : Nice Bacs-Side - August 8 & 12

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 47 comments
Pekka and I had a great battle there for quite a few laps at the beginning. Then the strategy of me going in slightly early and Pekka extending the stint for a quick stint at the end made things very interesting. Pekka was closing the gap, but his dog posed a little distraction for me :lol:

Well driven!

Very similar to last night's race. Chased Pekka for the lead for 13 laps until he pitted early, took the lead closely followed by Lucas until he pitted at lap 14. I did it at lap 17 and came out behind him with better tires. Could gain some seconds but the difference become stable at 5secs. after my tires started to go too. Great racing, I do so much better at the races with MRs than other cars.
Congrats on the win Lucas (I'll get mine someday...:))

I thought I was going to do pretty good last night. I QU alified fifth behind Lucas by only .007, so that was an accomplishment in my book. :lol: And then coming out of the final turn on lap one, disaster struck. I didn't even get my right wheels on the grass - the curb was enough to spin me round. Luckily, I did not go in the pits, but, my pedals came unplugged while I was yanking at the wheel to go straight, so I hit the wall. No damage though.

From that point, I could only go up, so I went to work. I caught Ned (apologies if I lagged, I couldn't hear clearly over the engine sound :indiff:) and passed him, and set to work on Strop and Jeffrey. To my fortune, Strop spun in sector one, and I caught up. Then Jeffrey made a pit excursion, and we were a group of three. I got around Strop, and then Jeffrey, and pulled a couple of seconds until the gap stopped growing.

All in all, a fun night, and I wasn't that rusty as I thought I would be. Congrats Lucas. :cheers:

Thanks a lot for waiting guys .
Wow , this was a great race , been trying to catch numbnuts for most of the race , came quite close after a few minor mistakes from him , but hitting the wall in the last lap threw away my chances .

I had a whale of a time last night in the EU race. :cheers:

Thought I was going to get pole, then Pekka and Bart stepped on the gas a bit more and pipped me to 3rd in quali.:dopey:

Having not driven a race with you guys for a while, I made the rookie mistake of thinking that everyone made a crap start and leapfrogged Bart and Pekka only to remember that it was a rolling start haha. :eek:

After that it was the story of Pekka and Bart edging away every lap and I soon started to settle on a 3rd place keeping a close eye in my mirror for @Tuesday_Black as he was keeping up. :irked:

Started to close the gap to Bart and Pekka as they were battling up ahead and followed Bart into the pits on lap 17 and not having ran the race distance before, brimmed the tank, which cost me the few seconds gap I had built, to come out just ahead of TuesdayBlack who had pitted a lap earlier.

From then on, it was a case of cat and mouse, with the gap yo-yo-ing between myself and TuesdayBlack, driving flat out as much as we could, till the end on the fast wearing tyres. :D

Well driven Bart and Pekka for the win and 2nd respectively and great driving and pressurisation from TuesdayBlack right till the very end. :cheers:

Well driven all.:gtpflag:

Thought I was going to get pole, then Pekka and Bart stepped on the gas a bit more and pipped me to 3rd in quali.:dopey:

I thought so too, but the practice before the race started paying off in quali as I found where I could be more agressive and went a little quicker.

That start was a funny one, but you realized quick enough that there was a formation lap ;)

Hey...thats not a legal pass....:lol:

image.jpg

Yeah but after you "passed" me....then you did donuts around me and then hit me....and then left me smoking in the middle of the road....talk about an out of body experience!!!!

Yeah but after you "passed" me....then you did donuts around me and then hit me....and then left me smoking in the middle of the road....talk about an out of body experience!!!!
Um.... Again, I apologize Ned. Internet will be upgraded from"enhanced DSL" soon.. :indiff:

I probably won't do any races until the service gets upgraded, so it's all good.

You can try and leave if its bad....just a thought
The problem was that I couldn't hear people's voices clear enough during the race. I have to readjust my settings as well.

Back