GTP_WRS-Online Event 86 : Floor It! - Sept 13 (Sun WW) & 16

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 64 comments
I'll be livestreaming another race from this crazy combo. Let's hope it will be just as good or better than the WW race.

One spin coming out of first Lesmo, and parked it in the gravel on cold tires after my 1st pit stop, and still managed 10th.
@Don Mejillone sorry for the bump at Parabolica.. I was trying to nurse it to the pits on very worn tires and got hit by another car on fresh tires which put me into you.. Sorry...

edit: I'm fairly drenched in sweat after that one.. Almost cracked off a 53 trying to catch you guys.
53's are "unobtainium" for me..:lol:

Last edited:
First online race for me. Amazingly fun! Started 14th and ended 14th without any major mistakes so I'm happy with t. But I just realized how fast everyone is! How can u put lap times at 1:51 without having all wheels off the track? :confused: Gotta watch the replay :D

Anyway thx for a great race :gtpflag:

@Don Mejillone sorry for the bump at Parabolica.. I was trying to nurse it to the pits on very worn tires and got hit by another car on fresh tires which put me into you.. Sorry...

If that's the incident I think it was, then I'm the one responsible for the tap.

It all got a little confusing from my POV, I was behind you coming into parabolica, and saw Don go wide, then it looked like he came back across, you appeared to slow up a little and I threw my car left to avoid it all as, like you said, I was on fresh tyres, so a little quicker in.

Really sorry about that, from my side it felt like I'd just clipped you slightly, I didn't realise as a result you'd bumped Don. Apologies to both of you guys :(

Last edited:
The start was unprofessional of me, I think I was caught out by the cold tyres and ended up shunting some people so I am sorry to all for that. Was a little disappointed with quali as I knew I could have gone faster, but I was happy with my race.

Managed the fuel correctly to make the 2 stop work (but then so did everyone else :lol:), but then on the final stop the amount the pit crew put in by default wasn't enough to get me to the end so had to fuel save like crazy again the final few laps. Did that happen to anyone else?

If that's the incident I think it was, then I'm the one responsible for the tap.

It all got a little confusing from POV, I was behind you coming into parabolica, and saw Don go wide, then it looked like he came back across, you appeared to slow up a little and I threw my car left to avoid it all as, like you said, I was on fresh tyres, so a little quicker in.

Really sorry about that, from my side it felt like I'd just clipped you slightly, I didn't realise as a result you'd bumped Don. Apologies to both of you guys :(

It wasn't a big deal Chris, so no worries..👍 I saw you coming and was trying to get to Parabolica ahead of you, but couldn't.. I think Ned and Don got into a little tank slapper, not sure.. I was just trying to stay inside.. Me tyres were shagged, so needed to slow down early, but it all came out good.. Other than Ned's speeding penalty..:(

No worries my Friend... GR...:cheers:

The start was unprofessional of me, I think I was caught out by the cold tyres and ended up shunting some people so I am sorry to all for that. Was a little disappointed with quali as I knew I could have gone faster, but I was happy with my race.

Managed the fuel correctly to make the 2 stop work (but then so did everyone else :lol:), but then on the final stop the amount the pit crew put in by default wasn't enough to get me to the end so had to fuel save like crazy again the final few laps. Did that happen to anyone else?

Oh was I the only one making three stops? :banghead:

How do u manage fuel savings?

Oh was I the only one making three stops? :banghead:

How do u manage fuel savings?
2 key ways of saving fuel are to short shift the gears and to lift/coast into the corners. So on some laps I was shifting into 5th at only 5/6k rpm and then on the long straights going into the heavy braking corners instead of braking at the normal point lift off the gas early and let the car roll just for a couple of metres before you start braking.

Doing those 2 things will cost you lap time, the risk you take is if the time lost from all that saving is less than it would be to make a pitstop. It's about 12 litres of fuel per lap so saving about 2 litres a lap allowed only 2 stops.

Bart said on the stream during the formation lap, "It's like a hyper-miling contest out here, everyone wants to save fuel." Doing the formation lap in 4th/5th gear is another way to save and the guys at the front were! :lol:

Managed the fuel correctly to make the 2 stop work (but then so did everyone else :lol:), but then on the final stop the amount the pit crew put in by default wasn't enough to get me to the end so had to fuel save like crazy again the final few laps. Did that happen to anyone else

No, but I put in 98 instead of the recommended 94.

Great racing out there. Sorry to see Ruz get robbed of his lead after the pit stop. Maybe next time the luck will be on your side.

I will not be racing tonight.
My Mother died last night.
Thank you for understanding.

First online race for me. Amazingly fun! Started 14th and ended 14th without any major mistakes so I'm happy with t. But I just realized how fast everyone is! How can u put lap times at 1:51 without having all wheels off the track? :confused:

Some of these guys are just really fast. Also most of us do the time trial (the online race is based on the weekly time trial combo) where we spend several hours finding the fastest way around the track. Time trial replays from everybody are available on Monday night so you can watch the fastest guys before the Wednesday race.

I will not be racing tonight.
My Mother died last night.
Thank you for understanding.
Sorry for your loss Tex. Losing a loved one, especially someone as close as a parent, must be difficult at any age. We will miss you tonight and will be thinking of you and your family. Hopefully we will see you back racing soon.

It wasn't a big deal Chris, so no worries..👍 I saw you coming and was trying to get to Parabolica ahead of you, but couldn't.. I think Ned and Don got into a little tank slapper, not sure.. I was just trying to stay inside.. Me tyres were shagged, so needed to slow down early, but it all came out good.. Other than Ned's speeding penalty..:(

No worries my Friend... GR...:cheers:
Don was slower but there was no way to get a clean pass...and he just refused to fall off:lol:.... So I decided to follow him into the pits....so he went off the parabolica and dumb ass that I am...I followed him....causing all behind us to go into the aw sierra mode.

It all got a little confusing from my POV, I was behind you coming into parabolica, and saw Don go wide, then it looked like he came back across, you appeared to slow up a little and I threw my car left to avoid it all as, like you said, I was on fresh tyres, so a little quicker in.

No problem at all ! :gtpflag:

A big congratulations to all the stewards and moderators who came up with this combo and tested it,it's been a absolute beauty.
Yessir! :cheers: We can thank @MadMax, who I just had to leave in the WRS lobby at Brands Hatch GP, testing drag gears:P, for the tire stagger.

This one goes into the Greatest Hits. :bowdown:

Steve, your battle(s) with Bart were ... insane. :)

Yessir! :cheers: We can thank @MadMax, who I just had to leave in the WRS lobby at Brands Hatch GP, testing drag gears:P, for the tire stagger.

This one goes into the Greatest Hits. :bowdown:

Steve, your battle(s) with Bart were ... insane. :)

Thank you I see it as a personal challenge , I know he will eventually get past me but it's fun keeping him behind for as long as possible

Back