GTP_WRS-Online : Special VIII - 2.4 Hour Fuji Mixed Class Enduro - Dec 13/14

• Thread starter PASM
  • 385 comments
EDK
I am entitled to my personal opinion, based on my personal experiences that I would be pleased to document.

I'm glad you did. I wish more people expressed their opinions. It's good to go against big money if things need to be said in order to get the truth out.

Reactions: EDK
I think the room was cursed. :eek: At least it stayed up for the race (well, for 15 of us). If I would have known that there might not be a saved replay, I would have not done the 2 minute pit pause...haha. Kidding.

I'm still trying to figure out how Nail ended up almost 10 seconds ahead of me. Must have had some blazing laps after we separated, because our pace was pretty even when we were together. Weinbauer almost caught me when we were weaving through all the parade lap traffic. That could have been disastrous. :scared:

With great sorrow I must report that my PS3 has all but died. I will try to perform some operations and see if I can miraculously get it up-and-running again but there's a good chance I will not be making the race tomorrow.

It really sucks because I was so looking forward to doing this, it would be the most talented field I've ever raced with. Moderators, I don't know if you want me to completely back out just yet or what?

With great sorrow I must report that my PS3 has all but died. I will try to perform some operations and see if I can miraculously get it up-and-running again but there's a good chance I will not be making the race tomorrow.

It really sucks because I was so looking forward to doing this, it would be the most talented field I've ever raced with. Moderators, I don't know if you want me to completely back out just yet or what?
Dang that sucks, man. :ouch: Just keep us up to date. I'm not sure when we'll get the grids posted, I'd hoped to have them figured out by now. 3hrs before tomorrow's race is the absolute latest we'll post them.

Another mic-less room is up now in GTP_WRS for Support Race 2.

EDK
Got disco'd on the second or 3rd race lap. Had a whole bunch of lag from the final corner to turn 1 before it happened, was hoping against hope that it was not the impending doom. Sorry to anyone that I caused issues for. I had a black screen and had to quit game, came back in and saw 15 of you still in the Lobby, so figured it was only me.

The other thing that happened was that my wheel shorted in turn 1 on my last flyer of quali, so I could only run 2 quali laps. I've taken the steering wheel assembly apart, and I am going to try some reinforcement soldering on all of the buttons on the board. It used to work for double shifts on the DFGT, it's the only reason I even have the stuff to do it.

If my surgery goes well, I will plan to try and race tomorrow. The other option is my F1 wheel attachment. I do not recall if it was doing this same thing, or if it was a paddle. If a paddle, I could use the GT paddles to shift. It would be awkward, but I could make it work to race.

If none of this pans out, I will cancel my entry in the morning. Something I really do not want to do, but I don't want to put others' races at risk.

Finally, whatever you do, do not buy any Thrustmaster product - Ever. If you already own one, I am sorry for you. It's the worst ~$1,000 I have spent in my entire life.

Sad story all along..
Good luck @EDK

I think the room was cursed. :eek: At least it stayed up for the race (well, for 15 of us). If I would have known that there might not be a saved replay, I would have not done the 2 minute pit pause...haha. Kidding.

I'm still trying to figure out how Nail ended up almost 10 seconds ahead of me. Must have had some blazing laps after we separated, because our pace was pretty even when we were together. Weinbauer almost caught me when we were weaving through all the parade lap traffic. That could have been disastrous. :scared:
Did some serious hammer laps when you pitted. Also did not fill tank. Two stopper worked just fine. I pitted when lap time moved from a high 33 through 34 and ended up in the high 35s.

Update with my PS3: It's inconsistently operable. Sometimes the fame will work and others it won't. When you quit a game, the system does a triple-beep reset and shortly after it won't read any discs.

Hopefully these issues are resolved soon OR I get a new system. (I hope I get my own so I can take it to college with me next year.)

Did the solder work on the wheel and ran 6 laps. Seems like it did the trick, as I was making it maybe 2 or 3 laps before and it would start popping up. Going to run more tonight on some seasons and so forth, just to make sure.

Canceled my entry for tomorrow. To the admins, thanks for organizing such a great event. It's a bummer I won't be able to race but unfortunately there's nothing I can do about it. Until next time guys...

Last edited:
EDK
Did the solder work on the wheel and ran 6 laps. Seems like it did the trick, as I was making it maybe 2 or 3 laps before and it would start popping up. Going to run more tonight on some seasons and so forth, just to make sure.
Canceled my entry for tomorrow. To the admins, thanks for organizing such a great event. It;s a bummer I won't be able to race but unfortunately there's nothing I can do about it. Until next time guys...
Good to hear, Kev! 👍

Sorry to hear that, @redbullrider20. :ouch:

My strategies...still don't know what car I'm driving. :dunce:

TS030: 19lap stints, fill the tank every pit.

FT-1: 2 or 3 18lap stints, followed by all 17lap stints, fill the tank every pit.

I was wondering:what would be best to start the endurance race with.
A brand new car,or one with just over 300 km and fresh oil in it...
Ideas,anyone?

I was wondering:what would be best to start the endurance race with.
A brand new car,or one with just over 300 km and fresh oil in it...
Ideas,anyone?

Best to start with a fresh car with oil change that way car chassis fatigue and power drop off won't be a issue untill the very end of the race.

Hi guys, could do with a lil help here. I take the new wrs club, like the old is invite only as I'm repeatedly getting 'failed' come up when I try and join. If so can anyone (I'm guessing stewards only) send me an invite so I can take part in tonight's race 👍

Cheers,

Chris

Hi guys, could do with a lil help here. I take the new wrs club, like the old is invite only as I'm repeatedly getting 'failed' come up when I try and join. If so can anyone (I'm guessing stewards only) send me an invite so I can take part in tonight's race 👍

Cheers,

Chris

I just sent you the invite. This time it finally succeeded, so you should be able to accept it using the blue arrow at the top right corner of the invite message 👍

Edit: Invite also sent to @RS__96__oO

Back